Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

No he isn't. They don't want to pay the €6m asking price.

Just now read that from Bild, mental. If Schalke sell Draxler to Arsenal then I imagine they will buy him back but for now I can't see that happening.

€6m is what, £4.5m? Maybe his wage demands are too high.

His wages are believed to be rather high, was in a good negotiation position when he joined Spurs as his contract was expiring and only cost £1.5m despite being rated as a £10m player.

.Reckon 60-70k

Direct replacement for Ireland then who was on similar wages.

And completely piss off all the other players instantly. good move.

Interested to know how pissed off the players were with Benteke's raise or indeed Weimann's if you wish to use that logic even when both players haven't been performing to standard.

Our objective to lower the wage bill has been (almost) completed... so let's just undo all of that by signing players on £60-70k/week again.  Yes :D

One player replacing wages of another especially in a position we need would undo very little.

Thing with Holtby is that he is easily worth £50k-£60k in footballing wages IMO.

He was very good for Schalke, I honestly think Spuds will regret it big time if they sell him permanently, a loan to us for 6 months would be a good shout for us and them. We get a creative player until the Summer when we can bring one in permanently, he gets to settle in England properly as well as in the league. Can't see it happening though.

Edited by samjp26

Our objective to lower the wage bill has been (almost) completed... so let's just undo all of that by signing players on £60-70k/week again.  Yes :D

Again quoting what isn't there bobzy.

I said replacing one player, not players and in a position we're crying out for but carry on I'm enjoying engaging your rebuttals.

Our objective to lower the wage bill has been (almost) completed... so let's just undo all of that by signing players on £60-70k/week again. Yes :D

I said replacing one player, not players and in a position we're crying out for but carry on I'm enjoying engaging your rebuttals.

Not long ago Lambert said there isn't a wage cap or limit, but it just can't get to where it is before. As Morph says, one player at a wage level on par with Benteke shouldn't really be an issue if he is worth it. Again though, we all know it won't happen.

• Like 1

Just now read that from Bild, mental. If Schalke sell Draxler to Arsenal then I imagine they will buy him back but for now I can't see that happening.

Maybe they are skint, they just signed Ji Dong Won from Sunderland, who is an utter shite player.

FWIW O'Kane got an assist last night and the Daily Mail have claimed in his a target for us within their match report. I went to Bouremouth a couple of months back for a game he wasn't in squad but they played some nice stuff with no end product.

Is this because;

a) He's from the Championship

b ) You follow Bournemouth and watch many of their games

or

c) You've never heard of him and assume the worst

???

because hes 24 and still at Bournemouth.

Hes 173 cm and 69 kg. Hes Barry Bannan. He wont offer nothing in defence. If hes an attacker.. he has scored 1 and set up 1 in the Championship. Yeah cant wait to see him in our side. May as well kept Barry. What exactly does he offer? Hes another cheap signing that will come to nothing. I would rather see a youth player get a go.

He's still 5 cm taller than Hoolahan. But I agree, it's not exactly what we want or need. I'd be all for the signing if we signed a more experienced or quality midfielder too, but that would be doubtful.

Our objective to lower the wage bill has been (almost) completed... so let's just undo all of that by signing players on £60-70k/week again. Yes :D

Not long ago Lambert said there isn't a wage cap or limit, but it just can't get to where it is before. As Morph says, one player at a wage level on par with Benteke shouldn't really be an issue if he is worth it. Again though, we all know it won't happen.

Especially when we've just sold someone earning a similar amount.

His wages are believed to be rather high, was in a good negotiation position when he joined Spurs as his contract was expiring and only cost £1.5m despite being rated as a £10m player.

.Reckon 60-70k

Direct replacement for Ireland then who was on similar wages.

And completely piss off all the other players instantly. good move.

Interested to know how pissed off the players were with Benteke's raise or indeed Weimann's if you wish to use that logic even when both players haven't been performing to standard.

After Bentekes massive pay rise which I think everyone would admit was deserved as was Weimanns he is still on LESS than Delph! That says it all about contracts given out in the past there's no need to go back to them days until it's sustainable.

Is this because;

a) He's from the Championship

b ) You follow Bournemouth and watch many of their games

or

c) You've never heard of him and assume the worst

???

because hes 24 and still at Bournemouth.

Hes 173 cm and 69 kg. Hes Barry Bannan. He wont offer nothing in defence. If hes an attacker.. he has scored 1 and set up 1 in the Championship. Yeah cant wait to see him in our side. May as well kept Barry. What exactly does he offer? Hes another cheap signing that will come to nothing. I would rather see a youth player get a go.

He will offer something in defence? Excellent.

Thing with Holtby is that he is easily worth £50k-£60k in footballing wages IMO.

He was very good for Schalke, I honestly think Spuds will regret it big time if they sell him permanently, a loan to us for 6 months would be a good shout for us and them. We get a creative player until the Summer when we can bring one in permanently, he gets to settle in England properly as well as in the league. Can't see it happening though.

I think the main reason he's probably on that much is his contract was nearly over and was basically a bosman. He was probably on a 1/5th of that before. I don't think he's worth it just yet as hasn't shown he can compete week in week out which someone on that wage needs to do. The biggest thing wrong with bosmans is young players getting too much too soon and then never expecting less so will only go to a handful of clubs.

I think the main reason he's probably on that much is his contract was nearly over and was basically a bosman. He was probably on a 1/5th of that before. I don't think he's worth it just yet as hasn't shown he can compete week in week out which someone on that wage needs to do. The biggest thing wrong with bosmans is young players getting too much too soon and then never expecting less so will only go to a handful of clubs.

It actually was a free initially, Spuds wanted him early though and paid £1.5m for him to join in January rather than the Summer.

I'd take him on £50k a week, that would place him in our high end bracket but as I said I believe he is worth it and would improve us incredibly. Also I think £50k being our high bracket is still low compared to other teams. I don't think Spuds would sell him to another club in the Prem anyway, a loan would be best suited for them and it would also help us in the creative department until the Summer, neither of these things will happen though.

Our wage bill must be the lowest in the league now surely.

Edited by samjp26

Holtby would be an exceptional buy for us and would fit into this side easily. Don't see it happening much, but to go for him would at least be a step in the right direction.

This O'Kane nonsense should be just that...idle nonsense.

-------------------Goose--------------------

Lowton----Okore----Vlaar----Bertrand

----------------Westwood------------------

------Bacuna----------------Delph--------

-------------------Holtby--------------------

-----------Gabby-------Benteke----------

One can dream.. If we bought a defensive midfielder in the Summer as well then that would be a potentially solid team IMO.

Edited by samjp26

Â