Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

Our objective to lower the wage bill has been (almost) completed... so let's just undo all of that by signing players on £60-70k/week again. Yes :D

Almost? Books were balanced, possibly in profit, months ago and we've now sold Ireland.

At some point we're going to have to increase the wages we offer.

I don't get the point you're making (apart from just having yet another dig).

I'm saying we shouldn't be undoing what we've just had to by hiking wages back up to the same level.  Nothing to do with books being balanced or possibly in profit or selling Ireland.  I'm sure we'll be doing this over the summer, but I'd rather not just work our way backwards by overspending on wages... again.

• Like 1

He had a decent game vs Liverpool, actually he was impressive.

That said I'm not sure i doubt it's true to be honest.

One off performance. He aint good enough.

Is this because;

a) He's from the Championship

b ) You follow Bournemouth and watch many of their games

or

c) You've never heard of him and assume the worst

???

• Like 1

Is this because;

a) He's from the Championship

b ) You follow Bournemouth and watch many of their games

or

c) You've never heard of him and assume the worst

???

because hes 24 and still at Bournemouth.

Hes 173 cm and 69 kg. Hes Barry Bannan. He wont offer nothing in defence. If hes an attacker.. he has scored 1 and set up 1 in the Championship. Yeah cant wait to see him in our side. May as well kept Barry. What exactly does he offer? Hes another cheap signing that will come to nothing. I would rather see a youth player get a go.

Edited by KSV

I really don't see why we couldn't have thrown ourselves in the mix for Tom Ince. 

He's held talks with a couple of Premier League clubs so far and BBC are reporting that he will have talks with Hull and Sunderland today and tomorrow. 

Out of contract in the summer so wouldn't cost that much to sign now plus I can't see his wage demands being stupidly high. The fact that we haven't even tried is disappointing. You would think he'd fit into the "policy" of where we currently find ourselves transfer wise! 

I really don't see why we couldn't have thrown ourselves in the mix for Tom Ince. 

He's held talks with a couple of Premier League clubs so far and BBC are reporting that he will have talks with Hull and Sunderland today and tomorrow. 

Out of contract in the summer so wouldn't cost that much to sign now plus I can't see his wage demands being stupidly high. The fact that we haven't even tried is disappointing. You would think he'd fit into the "policy" of where we currently find ourselves transfer wise! 

Based on this window I'm not sure what our "policy" even is anymore. I've seen no links to Eunan O'Kane yet but if he is the player that we decide to bring in to sort our midfield out I'll be a little worried.

If Monaco are in for him.. theres no way we will compete in wages.

I would rather have nobody than Ince.  Totally the opposite player Lambert would sign.  His main interest is how much he can get.  Was disgusting see his big time Charlie father touting him around the clubs yesterday.  Bad news with a big “N’

Edited by HeyAnty
  • Like 1

I would rather have nobody than Ince.  Totally the opposite player Lambert would sign.  His main interest is how much he can get.  Was disgusting see his big time Charlie father touting him around the clubs yesterday.  Bad news with a big “N’

Racist.

• Like 2

I will pass judgement on the potential signing of this Eunan O'Kane using the same methodology I use for every player that I've never heard of; via the medium of anagrams.

Eunan O'Kane = AA Neon Nuke

I approve this signing. :thumb:

I discovered the other day that an anagram of my name is Admiral Do Wow. I am going to demand to be called that from hereon in.

Â