Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

I do find it a bit odd that as soon as Kozak gets injured for the season we sign another striker, even though we already have 5 at the club. Yet when Okore gets injured for the season we don't look to bring in another CB, especially as Clark and Baker proved their inability to play together last season.

Exactly put Holt's wages towards a decent player who will add something to the side!

We must remember that any wages we pay Holt mean less wages for someone else!

Holt is likely on £10-£15k a week so around £200k until the end of the season - We might get Lee Hendrie to fill that difficult No10 spot for that amount

• Like 1

I do find it a bit odd that as soon as Kozak gets injured for the season we sign another striker, even though we already have 5 at the club. Yet when Okore gets injured for the season we don't look to bring in another CB, especially as Clark and Baker proved their inability to play together last season.

The window was shut when Okore got injured. We may well bring in some back up for him this window.

Richard has massively trolled you all. MELTDOWN!!!

ohh ye of little faith

I'm still keeping the faith, however just to put my mind at rest and improve my productivity at work could you let us have an indication of when our signings will be announced?

While hoolahan would improve us I'm slightly concerned we're trying very hard to sign 2 over 30 players that the manager has worked with previously.

That doesn't fill me with much optimism regarding our scouting and financial situation.

I would imagine that our scouting set-up is as low budget as the rest of the operation, hence Lambert's need to look at players he knows well - Holt, Hoolahan, Naughton

The window was shut when Okore got injured. We may well bring in some back up for him this window.

With the money at our disposal I'd very much doubt we could find someone better than Baker and Clark which in my opinion is why Lambert won't bother. Same with a loan deal - very unlikely that we could find a reliable CB that would be within our price range

The fact teams like WHU are willing to offer £90k a week for Lescott should put into context the size of the task facing Lambert

We really need to re-think our expectations and get behind the manager for a period - in my opinion it's unlikely any manager would be doing greatly better with the resources available

• Like 4

Surely yesterdays game showed that if we had someone whipping in dangerous crosses, Benteke has more of a chance to score goals.  Lowton provided a few assists for Benteke from the right last year.

I do like Bacuna but boy can he not cross to save his life.  Seems like he cannot lift the damn ball

We cannot keep relying on him to create something out of nothing.  The midfield needs bolstering, wish we could purchase/loan 3 new midfield that would go straight into the team, but a AM and winger would do nice, DM would be hopeful

after the signing of Holt. I am 100% behind the next manager of this football club. The amount of times Lambert has made a joke of this club. record defeats.. worst home record.. dreadful signings.. Grant farking Holt.

Great 'lift' for the club so far..... we better back it up and sign Depay or Kiyotake or the only lift at the club would be a forklift trying to move Holt around the park.

• Like 3

after the signing of Holt. I am 100% behind the next manager of this football club. The amount of times Lambert has made a joke of this club. record defeats.. worst home record.. dreadful signings.. Grant farking Holt.

Great 'lift' for the club so far..... we better back it up and sign Depay or Kiyotake or the only lift at the club would be a forklift trying to move Holt around the park.

Lerner then brings in someone like Dave Jones as manager with the same restricted budget. Yeah, great, can't wait.

I'll reserve full judgement to the end of the window..but so far not impressed at all.Come WBA at home we could be right near the drop zone and signing Holt is not going to make a sit load of differance

Lerner then brings in someone like Dave Jones as manager with the same restricted budget. Yeah, great, can't wait.

Oh i agree. I want Randy out too. I am just tired of Lambert and his negative tactics. He wasnt like this last season. Not sure what has brought it on.

Â