Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

9 Days of Nothing.

^ That's what it 'seems' like from an outside point of view.....who knows what's happening behind the scenes?

Villa are quite secretive when it comes to transfers usually.

Edited by Jay.P.A

To be fair there have been 2 permanent transfers - Janaai Gordon and Magnus Eikkrem. They aren't exactly massive deals and there are 18 premier league clubs yet to do any business. I'm sure we are trying as hard as anyone to get players in.

In fairness an exciting signing can lift the whole place....I was buzzing the night Darren Bent signed. After a torrid 6 months after MON fecked off, it felt like Villa were back signing a proven premier league striker. We beat a good Man. City team 4 days later 1-0 and went up to Wigan and beat them. That little upturn in form saved us from relegation really and meant we had a good feel good factor so shows what can happen if you push the boat out a little more.

As long as we sign whoever we are going to sign before 29th Jan (West Brom game) I'll be happy.

Can't see us beating Arsenal or Liverpool so we need not rush into signing whoever!

As long as we sign whoever we are going to sign before 29th Jan (West Brom game) I'll be happy.

Can't see us beating Arsenal or Liverpool so we need not rush into signing whoever!

Yea but for the player to be available to play on that day they would have had to have signed a few days earlier. So for me the 29th is far too late. ;)

In fairness an exciting signing can lift the whole place....I was buzzing the night Darren Bent signed. After a torrid 6 months after MON fecked off, it felt like Villa were back signing a proven premier league striker. We beat a good Man. City team 4 days later 1-0 and went up to Wigan and beat them. That little upturn in form saved us from relegation really and meant we had a good feel good factor so shows what can happen if you push the boat out a little more.

TBF, Villa fans deserve a good transfer window.

Â