Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

if a player can consistently find the net who cares where he comes from.

Bit of a difference between scoring regularly in League One and scoring regularly in the Premier League. On to the question what 'number 10' I would sign if I had 3.5m and around 20k on wages, thinking I would sign Lewis Holtby on loan for the season.

Lewis Holtby allegedly earns £3.5 million per year. Or £67,000 per week. http://www.sportrichlist.com/football/tottenham-hotspur-players-salaries/

Edited by TJVillan

Lets be realistic, we aint gonna sign anybody over 7M and certainly not on over 30k p/w so we need to stop dreaming. even loans will probably have to be part financed. it really is a worry that our club are becoming beggars and almost a championship level club. Just how bad are our finances now that we pay this low and can not compete.

If we do sign Wells, I think a lot of you guys will be surprised how good he actually is.

After Benteke, he is probably the most comfortable striker with the ball at his feet then all our strikers.

People forgetting we signed Delph from League One. Look how that turned out.

And Tonev's youtube video shows him scoring nothing but screamers,and as for Delph,1 premier league goal 1 premier league assist,ive seen how thats turned out.

Just how bad are our finances

Nothing wrong with finances. Owners decision and he's the issue.

Then there surely must be a bloody good reason he is trying to fubar his investment as it is starting to wear thin now. things should be getting better not worse. SI supposed to be going and others loaned out. it just does not make sense.

If we do sign Wells, I think a lot of you guys will be surprised how good he actually is.

After Benteke, he is probably the most comfortable striker with the ball at his feet then all our strikers.

People forgetting we signed Delph from League One. Look how that turned out.

And Tonev's youtube video shows him scoring nothing but screamers,and as for Delph,1 premier league goal 1 premier league assist,ive seen how thats turned out.

And we had to wait 4 years for those. We will be in league 1 by then.

Bit of a difference between scoring regularly in League One and scoring regularly in the Premier League. On to the question what 'number 10' I would sign if I had 3.5m and around 20k on wages, thinking I would sign Lewis Holtby on loan for the season.

Lewis Holtby allegedly earns £3.5 million per year. Or £67,000 per week. http://www.sportrichlist.com/football/tottenham-hotspur-players-salaries/

Pretty good guess regarding Holtby's wages, so we could afford him on loan then, well within my budget of 3.5m ;) 

Pretty good guess regarding Holtby's wages, so we could afford him on loan then, well within my budget of 3.5m ;)

I guess...but I would question the sanity of paying anywhere near 3.5 million to loan Holtby for 6 months.

Wells is an average player made to look good against awful opposition. I thought Lambert said we only add quality now and no more cheap signings. I have lost all faith in him in the transfer market if he signs wells and hoolahan. Another 4 million wasted. Rather two quality loan signings

Kendrick knew enough last summer to say there was nothing in the Belhanda link (there wasn't) and that we'd enquired about Kioyate (which PL said a few weeks later).

Just why is Lambert so obsessed with getting in a hundred forwards? What will happen when Kozak is actually fit again next summer? What will happen when Benteke leaves and a proven striker will be required to replace him (Wells won't quite cut it in that regard). Yeah he scores regularly against league one teams and is a decent striker at that level but Helenius scored against a league one team so I'd rather give him more minutes.

Have we been linked to Tomas Rincon at all? I saw him being linked to a few clubs today in the prem. Surely this is someone who would be an upgrade on what we have and is realistic? 25, 60 caps for Venezuela (who have improved significantly), voted best player in 2011 copa America and been at Hamburg for 5 years. Tough tackling central midfielder. Given Hamburg signed him in 2009 as a 21 year old coming from Venezuela and that one contract has 6 months left, he can't be on that huge a wage surely? 

I guess...but I would question the sanity of paying anywhere near 3.5 million to loan Holtby for 6 months.

Wouldn't cost 3.5m to loan Holtby for 6 months, would cost around a million. 60% of 67,000 = 40,200 x 24 = 965,000.

Edited by Avflife

Â