Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

I doubt Nakhi Wells would anywhere near a starter, but if we've been watching him and know other clubs have to, we've probably decided to get in now while we can.

This summer, who knows which strikers could leave, Benteke almost certainly if his form picks up, Weimann, if he continues in this dire form, Gabby, HUGE wage packet and plays maybe 10 good games a season

Might be a complete clear out on the striker front.

Lambert preparing for next season in the Championship, what a **** clown.
Opinion presented as fact based on a rumour.  Nicely done  :rolleyes:

#journalists

Haha can't wait till he is presented outside BH and its shown on SSN ;)

Whether it's true or not is moot, as you called Lambert a "**** clown" based on the rumour.

If Wells does indeed turn out to be a Villa player, surely one would be more critical of PL were he to be the only signing of the window.

Signed alongside players that would improve the side could be seen as a decent gamble - with other mitigating criteria.

But why wait? Let's all react now shall we?

So I can't call the manager who IMO will take us down this season that, sorry :)

Mindblowing.

What is *mind-blowing?? Also StanBalaban you said "What he's done for sure", what has he done, so far this season he has produced a worst style of football than McLeish did, I never thought that was possible. 

Regarding Wells, I haven't got anything bad to say about the kid, I'm more concerned by the fact we are looking at signing players from League One. Funds should be utilised towards more experienced signings e.g. Defour and Lescott.

Have you not heard about the cost cutting and reduced wage bill by Randy Lerner?

Indeed I've heard about it, but its getting to a stage where the cost cutting from RL due to MON's unlicensed spending is looking like it could cost us our Premiership stature.

I agree with you on that, but why blame Lambert when he is totally restricted by the money available. Just out of interest, who would you buy for say 3.5million and say £20000 a week wages?

I doubt Nakhi Wells would anywhere near a starter, but if we've been watching him and know other clubs have to, we've probably decided to get in now while we can.

This summer, who knows which strikers could leave, Benteke almost certainly if his form picks up, Weimann, if he continues in this dire form, Gabby, HUGE wage packet and plays maybe 10 good games a season

Might be a complete clear out on the striker front.

Lambert preparing for next season in the Championship, what a **** clown.
Opinion presented as fact based on a rumour.  Nicely done  :rolleyes:

#journalists

Haha can't wait till he is presented outside BH and its shown on SSN ;)

Whether it's true or not is moot, as you called Lambert a "**** clown" based on the rumour.

If Wells does indeed turn out to be a Villa player, surely one would be more critical of PL were he to be the only signing of the window.

Signed alongside players that would improve the side could be seen as a decent gamble - with other mitigating criteria.

But why wait? Let's all react now shall we?

So I can't call the manager who IMO will take us down this season that, sorry :)

Mindblowing.

What is *mind-blowing?? Also StanBalaban you said "What he's done for sure", what has he done, so far this season he has produced a worst style of football than McLeish did, I never thought that was possible. 

Regarding Wells, I haven't got anything bad to say about the kid, I'm more concerned by the fact we are looking at signing players from League One. Funds should be utilised towards more experienced signings e.g. Defour and Lescott.

Have you not heard about the cost cutting and reduced wage bill by Randy Lerner?

Indeed I've heard about it, but its getting to a stage where the cost cutting from RL due to MON's unlicensed spending is looking like it could cost us our Premiership stature.

I agree with you on that, but why blame Lambert when he is totally restricted by the money available. Just out of interest, who would you buy for say 3.5million and say £20000 a week wages?

I blame Lambert due to his poor signings and philosophy, out of his 16 signings how many of them do you class to actually possess real Premier League quality, would say four and three I'm unsure on. I'll get back to you on that I'm just finishing off my dinner, Nandos style chicken breasts, hash browns with cheese melted on and sweetcorn.

Edited by Avflife

I agree with TJVillan. If Wells comes to Villa along with a number 10 and an experienced player, I don't see a problem. 

If we don't buy him I think we will see him in the Premier League soon either way. For instance, just say a club like Nottingham Forest get him and he thrives as they gain promotion and he scores another goal against us in the PL. There is the possibility of battling with the team that buys him next year. 

Edited by Irinous
  • Like 1

if a player can consistently find the net who cares where he comes from.

Bit of a difference between scoring regularly in League One and scoring regularly in the Premier League. On to the question what 'number 10' I would sign if I had 3.5m and around 20k on wages, thinking I would sign Lewis Holtby on loan for the season.

Bit of a difference between scoring regularly in League One and scoring regularly in the Premier League. On to the question what 'number 10' I would sign if I had 3.5m and around 20k on wages, thinking I would sign Lewis Holtby on loan for the season.

I think holtby would cost a lot more than that and be on higher wages but I would love to see him here

Totally agree with this mate. Just because some teams spend 10-15 million on a striker, it's no guarantee they will be a hit. There have been loads of duds at teams for that price.

Bit of a difference between scoring regularly in League One and scoring regularly in the Premier League.

I agree but it doesn't mean he can't do it.

Look at Dwight Yorke, Ian Wright, Kevin Phillips... Mark Delaney at RB practically came from nowhere.

In fact look at how Yorke went to score even more when he moved to Man Utd. Some people can adapt to a new level.

IF he came here, I doubt he'd be our only signingm especially as Lambert has coveted the no.10 spot in the press. Also I'd expect some of our squad filler to be sold on in the summer anyway.

I think holtby would cost a lot more than that and be on higher wages but I would love to see him here

Why would Holtby cost more than 3.5m if we managed to get him on loan?? For example let's say he is on 65k at Spuds and we agreed to pay 60% towards his wages, it would cost £700,000 odd to loan him from January to May.

Edited by Avflife

Why would Holtby cost more than 3.5m if we managed to get him on loan?? For example let's say he is on 65k at Spuds and we agreed to pay 60% towards his wages, it would cost £700,000 odd to loan him from January to May.

I would presume that the no.10 type player would be a permanent signing, otherwise we'll stand to lose a key player next season.

I thought he meant permanently

Funny thing is these players who are lower league dont seem to have much problem scoring past our prem defence. In all honesty he may struggle against the top teams but generally below 10th the defences are pretty shite anyway.

aNYWAY HOW MANY OF OUR FORWARDS ARE HONESTLY PREM STANDARD I.E INTERNATIONAL LEVEL

Edited by VillakevBromsgrove

If we do sign Wells, I think a lot of you guys will be surprised how good he actually is.

After Benteke, he is probably the most comfortable striker with the ball at his feet then all our strikers.

People forgetting we signed Delph from League One. Look how that turned out.

• Like 1

I like Wells as a player and would happily have him here. He's young, quick, skillful and has scored goals at all levels he's played at. My only concern is that if funds are limited, are we really in a position to take a punt on him when other areas of the team need strengthening more ? To me, he's the sort of punt we should have taken instead of Bowery who hadn't even really proved himself as a goalscorer at League 2 level

Â