Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

Number 10 - De Bruyne (loan), Bryan Ruiz or Tom Ince

Centre back - struggling for options, maybe Lescott, Heitinga or Richards

Midfield enforcer -  can't actually think of anyone atm,

Winger - Zaha on loan.

Edited by Avflife
  • Like 1

If we are to even achieve a mid table finish in the coming years we would realistically need to build an entire new squad again. Keeping only really Guzan, Gabby, Delph and Benteke, possibly Kozak and Westwood. Sounds scary when you say that, because we just can't do that much business. The league's too hard to piss about with so many random players from League 1 and obscure players from foreign mid table teams. Everyone else is complete junk. A project that has failed spectacularly. 

I just hope a change of strategy is forced now, because it's not too late to change things. I genuinely think we can bring in some experience even within the financial constraints. God knows if they will or not. 

Derek boateng would be interesting. Yes, he can't get in the Fulham side, but a year ago I saw him boss a game between Ghana and chile, and he's available on loan. Probably wouldn't be too expensive, and he could probably get in a lot of prem sides, he just plays a similar role to Parker.

Derek boateng would be interesting. Yes, he can't get in the Fulham side, but a year ago I saw him boss a game between Ghana and chile, and he's available on loan. Probably wouldn't be too expensive, and he could probably get in a lot of prem sides, he just plays a similar role to Parker.

No we need seasoned professionals. 2 -3 of them.

Because a 30 year old full international for a country in the World Cup isn't a seasoned professional? We could probably do better but if there are no funds it'd be worth a look.

I don't think we need any more defensemen at the moment. We really are better this year defensively. That is about the only progress I have seen from Lambert so far. We certainly don't need another striker so all that leaves in midfield and we definitely need another midfielder. Honestly Delph is about the only midfielder I feel comfortable with at the moment. KEA has done well too but he is far too defensive and Westwood has been pretty bad much of the season. Lambert really need an attacking midfielder. We have some quality strikers but they lack service. We barely get a few chances a game. The strikers are feeding off scraps. 

• Like 1

Because a 30 year old full international for a country in the World Cup isn't a seasoned professional? We could probably do better but if there are no funds it'd be worth a look.

Well he played for AIK Solna so I know this one very well. He would not help Aston Villa with anything, Im not sure he would help Blackburn.

I just hope a change of strategy is forced now, because it's not too late to change things. I genuinely think we can bring in some experience even within the financial constraints. God knows if they will or not.

Agree.

"Young and hungry" needs to be refined. You can't have this at the expense of fielding a substandard team. You can still buy quality at the right age where they can be sold at a profit before they get too old. Not for a couple of million or less though.

If HH is correct that january activity will be limited to 1 loan signing then this needs to be reviewed also. Not good enough. Hopefully todays result will influence this.

What I can't see a way out of is the dire, or lack of tactics. I refuse to accept that every outfield player is incapable of simple pass and move basics.

Agree.

"Young and hungry" needs to be refined. You can't have this at the expense of fielding a substandard team. You can still buy quality at the right age where they can be sold at a profit before they get too old. Not for a couple of million or less though.

If HH is correct that january activity will be limited to 1 loan signing then this needs to be reviewed also. Not good enough. Hopefully todays result will influence this.

What I can't see a way out of is the dire, or lack of tactics. I refuse to accept that every outfield player is incapable of simple pass and move basics.

If HH is correct this also implies to me that Lerner truly is thinking "well done Lambert keep them in the league with this tiny budget so i can scrape my money back and get the hell outta here." Which could be seen as a good thing when he finally leaves.

Agree.

If HH is correct this also implies to me that Lerner truly is thinking "well done Lambert keep them in the league with this tiny budget so i can scrape my money back and get the hell outta here." Which could be seen as a good thing when he finally leaves.

how much is the club worth now?

how much if relegated?

the cost of investment now should be considered insurance against the risk of loss of the value of the club if relegated, or am I missing something?

Agree.

how much is the club worth now?

how much if relegated?

the cost of investment now should be considered insurance against the risk of loss of the value of the club if relegated, or am I missing something?

It should indeed! Im sure he's considered that and thinks 'he's done/doing enough' to keep the club in the prem.

No midfield playmaker=relegation

Lerner/Lambert should have sorted that position out in the summer, FFS

It was clear that we needed creativity after the second-half of the Liverpool game. Lambert spent ~£7m on Kozak instead...

Well if HH is correct then this ONE and ONLY loan player (who we haven't even enquired about) better be Messi because if it's just one player he better be the best in the world as it will be him against the opposition.

This squad is pathetic, only Guzan and Benteke have any quality the rest aren't good enough.

No midfield playmaker=relegation

Lerner/Lambert should have sorted that position out in the summer, FFS

It was clear that we needed creativity after the second-half of the Liverpool game. Lambert spent ~£7m on Kozak instead...

Yep, add 1m on Helenius who isn't going to get a game and 2.5m on Tonev who is no better than Albrighton and you have got 10.5m to spend on an AM.

This is my main gripe with Lambert. Yes he has had little money to play with but he has wasted it on strange signings in positions that were not needed.

Â