Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

I said at the start of the summer transfer thread that the 4 main positions we needed to strengthen were; lb, cb, dm, am... We got 2 of those ( let's not discuss the merits of those here), so I'm hoping (not expecting) we now get the dm and am needed. Be it loan or permanent signings we need those players to aid the defence and supply the attack

Why don't we look at latin players ?! Ok not many Brazilian players played well in this league .. But we're missing techniqal players and we could find a lot of gems there ..

Most of the Latin players in Villas price range would struggle to get a work permit id think. Because those in their national team would be more expensive. Mind you, I'd love Jefferson montero.

It does come back to cash though. If you want to actually replace Stan you're going to pay close to ten mil in the current market plus the wage commensurate to a player of that stature. I can't see us doing much better than what we've got if we're going to spend similar to what brought those guys in.

But in saying that, I still think we'll try to buy an attacking mid rather than the position Stan played for us.

According to the tweet we want to finally replace Petrov - will be about time as well. He was brilliant even in his later years.

Isn't Westwood supposed to be his replacement?

He isn't fit to lace Petrov's boots.

Â