Premier league goalkeepers.

VillaChris

Something I was thinknig this week and probably Krul's performance last night reinforced it, has there ever been a better standard of keepers in the top division then we have now?

Just think of some of the excellent ones playing for bottom half teams, we have one in Guzan and Begovic at Stoke obviously.

I can think of very few poor keepers plying their trade. Ironically I'm not a fan of John Ruddy at all, I think he's one of the worst and yet some are saying he should be England number one.

be interesting to where people put them in a list of 20. Thoughts?

Guuuuuzan.

I love Brad to bits, he makes very good saves and I think he's one of the best in the league at coming and claiming crosses. Certain top 10.

Where he's just off the top ones is imo he's slow coming off his line. Again there was good analysis on MOTD2 on the Spurs game showing Lloris sprinting off his line to stop attacks and for the Newcastle goal Friedel was just that bit slower.

id agree with that zatman, think cech is good but lets a few daft ones in (and unsurprisingly gets away with it) and seeing as he's playing for a doing well Liverpool no doubt mignolet would undeservedly be in most other fans top 5 and boruc is having a great season so far

but I do think joe hart should be the best keeper in the league, not sure if its billy big bollocks or really just down to confidence but he's not as good as he should be, his performances in the CL last season were superb, but he's so inconsistent and error prone

think Cech is past it at the moment, still capable of great games but also likely to have errors(WBA goal a big example) and I expect Courtois to be No.1 when he returns.

as for Mignolet he is a good shot stopper but absolute dreadful at set pieces

think Cech is past it at the moment, still capable of great games but also likely to have errors(WBA goal a big example) and I expect Courtois to be No.1 when he returns.

as for Mignolet he is a good shot stopper but absolute dreadful at set pieces

As he was against us last season

Mingolet is middle of the road, weak on high balls from what I've seen of him.

I actually really like Vorm at Swansea aswell although he's made a few errors this season.

Only going to get better, I imagine Chelsea will loan Courtois to a premier league team next season.

Top 3 keepers in the league in my opinion are Lloris, Begovic and Guzan, but the likes of Mingolet and Krul aren't that far behind. Personally don't think Hart, Cech and De Gea are all that people are making them out to be.

How is guzan one of the best keepers in league can someone please tell me.. Would anyone not be happy if man city offered a straight swap with us for joe hart, never going to happen but the way people are talking brads a better keeper than hart, i know he was at the shit for a season but still better than guzan. I dont hate guzan but his distribution and sweeping is that of a league 2 gk..

It would be interesting to see the opinions of another set of fans to see if Guzan is rated as highly by others as he is by us. There's no doubt he's a good keeper and the best we've had for a while but like joetipton86 said above, there is no way he's better than Joe Hart.

Â