Premier league goalkeepers.

VillaChris

I'm not saying he hasn't made a good save :)

I just mean he hasn't put in a performance (or a string of performances which is more important for keepers, imo) that's made me think "wow, this guy is one of the best in the league/country/europe/world etc"

I know you're not saying that.  What I'm saying is that often in a team where you have sod all to do, that one save IS the performance and you're measured by how 'clutch' you are (to use an Americanism).

I know you're not saying that.  What I'm saying is that often in a team where you have sod all to do, that one save IS the performance and you're measured by how 'clutch' you are (to use an Americanism).

He's done that all season. There's been a number of games where he has had little to do then has pulled off a world class save.  I think people are judging him on previous seasons. All-round he's a much better keeper this season. He is only a baby in goalkeeping terms. 23 he's got 7 yrs before he reaches his peak.

• 1 month later...

Do you think we'll ever see another Scorpion kick?

I hope so.

If we do, I think it'll be Szcezesny who tries it.

He seems the type to attempt it if Arsenal ever have a 4-0 lead and mess it up though

Edited by 8pints

He's OK. Keepers need a while to settle, for some reason. He's still young, don't forget.

I think this year will be Cech's last with Courtois coming in next season.

Lloris & De Gea are head and shoulders above the rest in the league.

I like Guzan but he is rubbish at the things a modern keeper should do reasonably well e.g. sweeping up behind his defenders and distributing the ball instead of lumping it in to touch.

He's OK. Keepers need a while to settle, for some reason. He's still young, don't forget.

I like Guzan but he is rubbish at the things a modern keeper should do reasonably well e.g. sweeping up behind his defenders and distributing the ball instead of lumping it in to touch.

Lloris has been poor this year though.

Pretty much agree with all of this.

Lloris is the best in the league, and has been the best in the world.

He's been slightly questionable this season but I think once he's settled he'll be right up there with the best in the world again.

Guzan is excellent too. But as you say, his distribution would probably be his biggest barrier to being a proper top class keeper.

Given the fact that Guzan was one of only two players who covered themselves in glory in the shower of shite that was last season, its no surprise that Villa fans overestimate his ability somewhat.

Same thing happened with the other one.

• 3 weeks later...
Â