Why the UK is the best place to live?

ender4

Looked into the Canada working holiday visa thing and you have to have been a resident in the UK for three years.  That means my last and only chance would be for a 2015 visa as I left Korea in 2012 and turn on 31st December of that year.

However they only have a limited number of visas so by the time I am allowed to apply they may have all been allocated for 2015.  Arrrrrrgh!

Looked into the Canada working holiday visa thing and you have to have been a resident in the UK for three years. That means my last and only chance would be for a 2015 visa as I left Korea in 2012 and turn on 31st December of that year.

However they only have a limited number of visas so by the time I am allowed to apply they may have all been allocated for 2015. Arrrrrrgh!

Is it defo 31?? I googled this and for some reason I could only find for irish moving there on a 1 year visa but they are allowed a 1 year visa up to the age of 35.

Looked into the Canada working holiday visa thing and you have to have been a resident in the UK for three years. That means my last and only chance would be for a 2015 visa as I left Korea in 2012 and turn on 31st December of that year.

However they only have a limited number of visas so by the time I am allowed to apply they may have all been allocated for 2015. Arrrrrrgh!

Is it defo 31?? I googled this and for some reason I could only find for irish moving there on a 1 year visa but they are allowed a 1 year visa up to the age of 35.

Yep up to 30 inclusive so you have to apply (I think) before your 31st birthday.

I don't think I've met many Ozzies that I like to be honest... Kiwis on the other hand, really friendly people.

You old shmoozer you!

Here's my two cents. 

- Only ever been to Melbourne and that was a 5 day holiday last year. I thought it was mint.

- Any Aussie not from Seeedknee always seems much more pleasant. 

- Aussies love Pom-bashing more than giving Kiwis stick. 

- Cost of living is high. Even though the pay is better it evens out mostly with cost of living compared to NZ but still went to some central bars in Melbourne and was $12AUD for a pint! That's $15NZD whereas we pay $7.50-9.50NZD and the pay is not that much better to account for that. Aussie Govt taxes the shit out of Alcohol. It's generally cheaper to buy Aussie wine in NZ supermarkets than anywhere in Australia an Aussie wine dealer told me. 

- I always spend a lot of time on beer maths.

• 2 weeks later...

Just seen this thread.

I suppose Melbourne's pretty good.

The spiders aren't that bad, mainly harmless (at least in Melbourne).

Summer's just begun so I've encountered about 3 of em in the past two days.

Personally I'd love to do the opposite and move to the UK for a year or so.

Just seen this thread.

I suppose Melbourne's pretty good.

The spiders aren't that bad, mainly harmless (at least in Melbourne).

Summer's just begun so I've encountered about 3 of em in the past two days.

Personally I'd love to do the opposite and move to the UK for a year or so.

****ing fleas.

It's the ticks you've got to watch out for in Canberra Ivan. Once they burrow in they are buggers to dog out :P

They get funnel webs in Canberra too. Not the deadly variety but no less make you scream like a girl scary though.

I had one about the size of mouse run straight at me with its fangs up once. In that moment of terror you just can't be 100% certain that the rubber in the soles of your shoes are thick enough to withstand a full frontal assault from those things. Stamp as hard as you can and hope you don't miss!

Spiders are fine.

You just let the huntsmen live and they take care of all the other spiders for you for free.

What a pack of legends.

That said, it's not just foreigners who are scared of spiders. At work today I used a magazine to put a huntsman outside and save it from 3 or 4 of my terrified colleagues who were going to kill it as soon as they were brave enough to get close. I'm a policeman :)

Spiders are fine.

You just let the huntsmen live and they take care of all the other spiders for you for free.

What a pack of legends.

That said, it's not just foreigners who are scared of spiders. At work today I used a magazine to put a huntsman outside and save it from 3 or 4 of my terrified colleagues who were going to kill it as soon as they were brave enough to get close. I'm a policeman :)

Those rascals can jump! And not just jump, but really jump. Cripes.

Just got away from red-back territory, and they look harmless, but even so, stay well away. Here's a pic of one from yesterday

post-75-0-85307300-1386159796_thumb.jpg

Â