Why the UK is the best place to live?

ender4

I want to spend more time living abroad but don't think the OH does.  Whatever, I have decided I will do a year working holiday somewhere and I think Canada is edging it over Australia for me.  I'm 29 next month so have 18 months tops to sort it out.

I want to spend more time living abroad but don't think the OH does.  Whatever, I have decided I will do a year working holiday somewhere and I think Canada is edging it over Australia for me.  I'm 29 next month so have 18 months tops to sort it out.

Canada was hands down better than Oz for me.  Yea Oz has the weather, but Canada has the people.  

I don't think I've met many Ozzies that I like to be honest... Kiwis on the other hand, really friendly people.

But Canadians are even friendlier and they have flappy heads, they have square wheels on their cars and they say aboot... whats not to love?!

• Like 3

It must be nice to pack your bags and move to one of the Commonwealth countries with minimal red tape.

Melbourne is supposed to be a very pretty city, good weather, plenty to do. He can always move back, right?

It must be nice to pack your bags and move to one of the Commonwealth countries with minimal red tape.

Melbourne is supposed to be a very pretty city, good weather, plenty to do. He can always move back, right?

where you live Maqroll?

It's gonna take loads of red tape to move to Canada from the UK! 

where you live Maqroll?

You're too much of a douchebag in GTA, so they won't let you in :P

Edited by AVFCforever1991
  • Like 1

I spent a year in Australia and 3 months in Canada (BC to be precise). Australia is amazing and I loved it but I think I'd recommend Canada just slightly above it. Either way, you'll have a great time.

where you live Maqroll?

Much less red tape than if you're not from another Commonwealth country, though

I spent a year in Australia and 3 months in Canada (BC to be precise). Australia is amazing and I loved it but I think I'd recommend Canada just slightly above it. Either way, you'll have a great time.

Cool, good to hear.  I need to visit both for extended periods but if I do a whole year I think I'll do Canada.  Need to plan it right though as I hear they only give out a limited number of visas each year and I've got to do it before I'm 31.

Had to get a new passport recently so I've got no visas and stamps now :(

Get a job that means you work in lots of other countries. It gives you a great perspective on what things can be like good and bad .

Im lucky enough to have worked in loads of countries all over the world. One of the things you realise is that work-living is totally different to holidays and any romantic notion that people can get from tv etc

Although I live in Perth, Melbourne is by far the best city in Australia. Most Aussies complain about the weather but apart from maybe 10-15 stinking hot days in the summer it is not too bad, especially for an Englishman. Culturally its fantastic and its one of the foodie capitals of the world. Perth by contrast is a great city but a bit of a backwater; the weather and lifestyle are superb (apart from the Summer heat - 36 deg today not even summer).

I have lived in Melbourne, Canberra, Perth, Brisbane and Townsville. Personally I would never live in Sydney. Redback spiders will only bite you if you stupidly stick your hand in their face. Sydney funnelwebs will chase you down like a dog.

Chocolate tastes different in all countries by the way: even Cadbury. It must be the slight variation in the raw produce grown in different regions. I've had Cadbury chocolate from Sth Africa and it tasted very weird.

We're offski, don't know whether to move to BC (lots of ex pats there) or live in Ontario (around Toronto). 

Spent a few months in BC and it's hands down the nicest place I've ever been on earth. If wifey wasn't so set on an eventual return to the UK that's where I'd be heading to live. 

• Like 1

Â