What do you drive?

StefanAVFC

Went to get some petrol earlier and just as I'm filling up, the town's boy racers all turn up in their Fiestas, Clios and whatever else with the big exhausts and spoilers and crap. One of them is the guy who visits his girlfriend down the street from me, whos Fiesta I drowned out the sound of. I thought "I'm going to get some hassle here..." then they all got out and stood there saying nothing just looking. I went in and paid as some more turned up, I went back out and... they were all really friendly asking what engine was it it and so on :thumb:

cool story.

Can you tell it again? If you have time

Sorry was I interrupting the riveting conversation about *yawn* Audis?

What's it like chris? To have no one take one look at your car? ;)

In my line of work its a huge positive. Most of the drivers in our company detest me (it goes with the territory) and Liverpool Licensing officers are just waiting to get me on some technicality (I know Taxi law better than they do and consistently defeat their erroneous tickets), so having a car that doesn't stand out is a huge advantage especially when it does have a bit of performance combined with economy.

I think I stumbled on my perfect car in the Saab

What's it like chris? To have no one take one look at your car? ;)

In my line of work its a huge positive. Most of the drivers in our company detest me (it goes with the territory) and Liverpool Licensing officers are just waiting to get me on some technicality (I know Taxi law better than they do and consistently defeat their erroneous tickets), so having a car that doesn't stand out is a huge advantage especially when it does have a bit of performance combined with economy.

I think I stumbled on my perfect car in the Saab

All over the Saab, Bickster.

I had 2 successive Saab 9-3's as they were perfect for turning up to client's workplaces or houses in. Said both everything and nothing about the owner.

Quirky, powerful, smooth...gutted the company went to the wall.    :(

Went to get some petrol earlier and just as I'm filling up, the town's boy racers all turn up in their Fiestas, Clios and whatever else with the big exhausts and spoilers and crap. One of them is the guy who visits his girlfriend down the street from me, whos Fiesta I drowned out the sound of. I thought "I'm going to get some hassle here..." then they all got out and stood there saying nothing just looking. I went in and paid as some more turned up, I went back out and... they were all really friendly asking what engine was it it and so on :thumb:

cool story.

Yes

You interrupted the conversation about cars everybody else finds interesting to talk about a car that only you find interesting ;)

cool story.

Yes

You interrupted the conversation about cars everybody else finds interesting to talk about a car that only you find interesting ;)

chaos31.jpg

so just to move this on and away from whether a Ford penis is bigger than a german penis......

Maserati are apparently attempting to drop down into the 'affordable luxury exec' class with a 4 door diesel Ghibli for £46k.

However, the one review I've read suggested it was a bit pants. On the bright side, that potentially means that the year 2017 sees 3 year old Maseratis available for sub £20k.

Still wouldn't, but it's an interesting idea.

I had 2 successive Saab 9-3's as they were perfect for turning up to client's workplaces or houses in. Said both everything and nothing about the owner.

Quirky, powerful, smooth...gutted the company went to the wall.    :(

New owners put it back in production late last year. Its back!

• Like 1

so just to move this on and away from whether a Ford penis is bigger than a german penis......

Maserati are apparently attempting to drop down into the 'affordable luxury exec' class with a 4 door diesel Ghibli for £46k.

However, the one review I've read suggested it was a bit pants. On the bright side, that potentially means that the year 2017 sees 3 year old Maseratis available for sub £20k.

I think you'll find a fair few luxury car manufacturers doing this sort of thing in the future.

tbf it looks OK  ... i'd probably look at one when i renew my car next time  

reviews talk about it being a bit heavy and not very good suspension but they weren't horrendous

I need to change my car in the next three months.  Currently have an M3 which I think is almost the perfect car, but my wife doesn't like the fact that it can't get three kids in the back, so I may have to get something a bit bigger. 

I need to change my car in the next three months.  Currently have an M3 which I think is almost the perfect car, but my wife doesn't like the fact that it can't get three kids in the back, so I may have to get something a bit bigger. 

Phh, my parents got us three kids into the back of an MG B no problem.

Something I don't get is the people who will buy a people carrier for their 1 child.

Something I don't get is the people who will buy a people carrier for their 1 child.

Waste of money. Children are not allowed to drive 

• Like 1

I need to change my car in the next three months. Currently have an M3 which I think is almost the perfect car, but my wife doesn't like the fact that it can't get three kids in the back, so I may have to get something a bit bigger.

Health and safety gone made innit

A1s are nice, but I think they're a pretty girly car.

But they're nice to drive. She who shall not be named has one and they're pretty nippy. Very responsive.

A1s are in no way girly and to prove it I am going to simultaneously wrestle a bear, spit, fart and Do IngramUTWU.

Edited by Eames
  • Like 1

Girly might be the wrong word.

I just put them in the same bracket as fiat 500s, minis, VW beetles even TTs

Perfectly good car. Very good in fact. I just see them as more suited to females in terms of looks.

But like I said, it was lovely to drive.

Â