Battlefield 4

villarule123

You should change your weapon depending on the situation. Although for a jack of all trades you'll be using the ace 23.

If you're in close quarters you'll use the ace 52 as it does 32 damage per shot rather than the normal 25.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone played ChainLink game mode on the newly released Dragons Teeth? 

The maps are really good so far, like a wider version of Metro with lots of cover and open space. 

The ChainLink part is to do with the objectives.  There are A-G objectives, if you link A-B-C, your team get a bonus, which is the opponents team's tickets bleeding faster.  However, if the opponents capture B, the chain is broken and the bonus is revoked.

It's pretty clever and makes for some fast and furious action.  The flag captures are quicker than in Conquest which aids the speed.

It's great, the new weapons are very popular and the servers are really behaving themselves now, I'm not moaning as much about getting killed etc.  It all seems fair.

However, in the time I played, for the majority of the time, my team got steamrolled, so team balancing could be better, but when you're against squads, it's hard I guess.

Anyway, good expansion - great game mode - great maps - nice, smooth 60fps action.

9.5/10.

I played a few games of link the other night, quite enjoyed it. I don't think it will beat rush for intense battles though.

Edited by AndyC

I'm new to the BF franchise with BF4 so have not experienced any of the other versions. What has really impressed me in the on line game is how dynamic the maps are - by that, I mean that buildings collapse and you are at risk of being killed by your environment just as easily as you are by an opponent.

I've played maps on China Rising, Dragons Teeth and Second Assault, along with the default maps - some good variety in there. Even Flood Zone has continuously rising water and there's even that map where a tropical storm builds during the match. Enjoying my experiences so far.

Hardline has been delayed until 'early 2015' so feedback from the beta can be taken on board so they can re-do the game complet-UH oops sorry, I mean, adjust features accordingly.

Hardline has been delayed until 'early 2015' so feedback from the beta can be taken on board so they can re-do the game complet-UH oops sorry, I mean, adjust features accordingly.

wow... that's quite a delay. At least they are delaying it though and not rushing it out like BF4. The cynical part of me things this may just be a PR stunt to show that EA have learnt from their huge cock up which was BF4 (well, the launch anyway)

• 1 month later...

Sooooooooooooooooo....

Final Stand, the last DLC (apart from the free one they're doing at the very end of the games lifecycle) has some pretty interesting stuff in it..

Namely a railgun, a hover tank and a UAV which can shoot a minigun (like the UAV in BC2).

Looks like they're gearing up for BF2142!  :D

Details can be found on Levelcaps youtube channel.

It's a pick up, so there's only going to be 1 or 2 on the entire map, with about 4 bullets.

And those bullets take 6 seconds to reload, so I think they're nicely balanced.

PLUS! If you miss there will be a huge vapor trail pointing at you, PLUS apparently the particle effects and noise will give you away completely! BALANCED.

I like the fact it's projectiles move at 8000m/s though :lol: and currently, they can 1 shot a helicopter :crylaugh:

Dis' gon' be gud'

• 2 weeks later...

Seeing as BF4 is almost a year old is it worth getting premium for it now?

If you can get a bundle for it for the game + premium, it's still worth £40 I think, you get like 12-16 DLC maps, weapons, camos etc within that price.

Also, before the end of September DICE are rolling out their CTE servers, which are basically very high performance servers where you won't die behind walls etc etc (not that it absolutely breaks the game now, but come across someone with a bad connection and you will die slightly inside).

Yep, Lots of the community are petitioning for a WW2 game.

They were done to death on PS2/XBOX generations though and I think that's putting developers off the idea.  But with the next gen stuff, I imagine some of the scenarios they could put you in could be magnificent, especially with it being the 100 year anniversary of WW1 etc.

But with the new upcoming DLC (Final Stand) (SD) and there being walkers and rail guns and hover tanks in it, it's pretty obvious they're gearing up for a 2143 game.

On top of next years Star Wars Battlefront game, I think after this, they'll do a WW2 shooter.

It'll be great to get back to old fashioned weaponry though, no lock-on weapons in the 1930s/40s :D

Â