Battlefield 4

villarule123

I tried my hand at being a spotter yesterday, spent an entire round of Conquest hiding in a bush and laser designating targets.  Is this actually a useful thing to be doing?

I can sum up my experience with vehicles thus:

5e93ae0d7180ca8b95a12a50c7c218c3b4bfbd73

Edited by GarethRDR

I tried my hand at being a spotter yesterday, spent an entire round of Conquest hiding in a bush and laser designating targets. Is this actually a useful thing to be doing?

I can sum up my experience with vehicles thus:

5e93ae0d7180ca8b95a12a50c7c218c3b4bfbd73

Spotting is really useful to your team mates. It nakes the enemy pop up on your minimap in real time so you can see them. Lazer designation is good on vehicle heavy maps as it lets your egineers kill vehicles quicker (designation does more damage).

The general tips for vehicles is dont rush into a group of enemies. They'll kill you hard and quickly. Sit back 50 meters and pepper them with shells and the machine gun. Use them as supporting devices. Also dont jump out if you think you're going to die, the enemy team will steal them and use it against you lol

• Like 1

I'll try and jump on a bit tonight.

I had one game of Conquest I really enjoyed yesterday, loads of people but it was on this constricted underground prison-style map.  Absolute mayhem in the middle of it, was really good fun.  Everyone was bottlenecking through tunnels for easy kills, hell even I managed to go 24/28.

Still waiting for that elusive positive K/D though.  :wacko:

Yes! I played this on one of my very first games.  It was amazing and I thought Battlefield was always going to be that fun.

I've never played that map or had that much fun again since :(

Rush is good when you're in a squad. The rush maps arent as "flanky" as the previous games. So you need to work together to push through choke points.

I prefer conquest but rush is good fun sometimes as is obliteration

It is applicable to all scenarios, yup.

Still, I've found switching down to a smaller range scope (and finally unlocking that straight pull bolt) has worked wonders.  Some of the stats on the later sniper rifles look downright scary, that 7-shot one with maximum power and range... yeesh.

The SRR-61 is what i use, great gun and i agree about the shorter scopes. The ballistic is a nightmare you miss too much. I just use the 8x with the option of 14x , dont ever need more than than that unless you're doing some extreme shit.

Unless it's a pick-up, a bolt action rifle will never 1 hit kill someone, unless you hit them in the head.

If you like aggressive recon (I.e. running around, quickscope styleeeee) then you should use either the Scout Elite or the M40a5. 

If you like powerful, slow reloading rifles you'll use the SRR or the M98b.

The difference between the SRR and the M98b is this;

The SRR has the LOWEST bullet drop.  this means you dont have to aim above the head AS MUCH as you would with other rifles.

The M98b has the FASTEST BULLET velocity, meaning if your target is running around, you don't have to aim AS FAR in front/behind him to get a hit.

For me, I use the SRR, you can play semi-aggressive with it if you use the Shorty 3g as your sidearm.

Good on maps like Hainan.

nah, just play TDM for a bit.  it's small so you'll get raped by assault rifles, but you should still pick up 10-15 kills a game, just by hitting the target.

You'll get loads of assists.

Ooh, might give that a whirl then.

In one of the latest of my many, many misadventures I successfully lobbed some C4 onto a tank, then in my excitement forgot to run away before detonating it.

• Like 2

Â