Battlefield 4

villarule123

... [emoji20]

i said lmao...

Someone say how good i am! [emoji29]

OMFG You're flipping amezzin!!!!!

(the picture means nothing to me)

Oh thank God! thanks Stevo.

It just means I killed 38 people and died once.

I actually died twice but Gunner84 revived me, what a player.

If you're interesting in buying it, this means you can get it for 12.50, which is a **** bargain considering new stuff is being released THIS month (maps/guns - for free) - I usually only play the core game maps now too;

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/battlefield-4-ps4-12-50-psn-ps3-8-2205901

If you're interesting in buying it, this means you can get it for 12.50, which is a **** bargain considering new stuff is being released THIS month (maps/guns - for free) - I usually only play the core game maps now too;

That's tempting tbh. I haven't touched a BF game since the one for the PS3 (1943?) and that was good fun.

Is this similar? massive maps and vehicles?

That's tempting tbh. I haven't touched a BF game since the one for the PS3 (1943?) and that was good fun.

Is this similar? massive maps and vehicles?

It's similar in the fact that it is a FPS, but comparing BF4 to 1943 is difficult.

BF4 does have massive maps (compared to COD), and it has lots and lots of vehicles (Jets (stealth & attack), Choppers, LAV's, Tanks, Quad bikes, APC's, snowmobiles (DLC) & others).

That said, not every map has vehicles, some maps like Operation Lockers or Metro have been specifically designed for infantry based combat, whereas the truly huge maps like Golmund, Paracel Storm, Rogue Transmission & Lancam Dam are designed for vehicle combat.

All maps however are pretty well designed, in the way of - you can do everything (infantry and vehicles) because parts of most maps are centred on infantry combat, and you have large open areas designed for vehicular combat.

So it is a FPS game, but it's got 64 player Conquest as opposed to 24 player in 1943 and it's a AAA game, not a freebie game like 1943 was.  It's much better.

Edited by lapal_fan
  • Like 1

Cheers fella.

I might well give it a punt, especially for that price.

I will of course, be spectacularly crap and probably quit after being killed 2,000 times in the first 5 minutes :D

• Like 1

Cheers fella.

I might well give it a punt, especially for that price.

I will of course, be spectacularly crap and probably quit after being killed 2,000 times in the first 5 minutes :D

Honestly, if you want a hand, I'll help you out.

We can jump on an empty server, in a chat and I'll take you through the mechanics.

I can't help you with your reflexes and stuff, but I can help you with maps, how to use cover well and what to look out for etc.

If you buy it, just invite me to a party and I'll go through whatever you need. 

Same goes for anyone else.

Also Designer, I put some videos on the last page or 2, have a quick watch of some of them, it'll show you a bit of raw multiplayer footage.

• Like 1

I+have+no+idea+what+i+m+doing_1f0abf_482

Good fun so far to be fair.

Multiplayer is entertaining enough, only played a couple of matches but I was relieved that it had a less frantic pace than COD which meant I wasn't constantly respawning.

I can definitely see it being one that I dip in and out of now and again for some FPS action. Oh, and it looks stunning doesn't it? Visually very impressive.

For £12 you can't go wrong really.

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 1

Good fun so far to be fair.

Multiplayer is entertaining enough, only played a couple of matches but I was relieved that it had a less frantic pace than COD which meant I wasn't constantly respawning.

I can definitely see it being one that I dip in and out of now and again for some FPS action. Oh, and it looks stunning doesn't it? Visually very impressive.

For £12 you can't go wrong really.

Yeah, I saw you playing and thought I'd leave you to it while me and my buddies had a few games.

Any questions?

What do you think of it?

Really, for £12, it's an absolute bargain.  Devs are still releasing patches ad everything, but really, you're seeing the whole game as it should have been released now.  The amount of balancing issues it's had over the last 18 months, jeez.

It's still got something like 250,000 people playing at any time on ps4 too, so you'll never be stuck for matches etc.

my number one tip, to make the most of it though, is play with people.  Talk to them and some of the things you can do as a collective is brilliant, and is something I've only found in Battlefield games.

I still play with the people I played with when I had Battlefield Bad Company 2, in 2009 I think.

#bf4friends :)

One thing I was impressed with straight away:

'Newbie' Servers

Brilliant idea and absolutely perfect for me now my reflexes aren't quite what they used to be  :)

One thing I was impressed with straight away:

'Newbie' Servers

Brilliant idea and absolutely perfect for me now my reflexes aren't quite what they used to be  :)

Shame I can't go on them! :D

• 2 weeks later...

[emoji38] wire guided missiles are fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcU06dVZB2E

20100219230547!Dante_Inferno_Levels.png

Then comes people who teabag in multiplayer shooters

:crylaugh:

Fwiw i completely agree. However, on console, its very difficult to use the SRAW, and if you get a good hit (i.e. huge distance) its widely accepted to give a tbagging.

The amount of messages I've received from players saying "awesome shot", you just have to take them on the chin because you've been done by 1 bloke who's had time to stand in the middle of nowhere and maintain a lock on a fast moving vehicle in a digital 3d space whilst you're in a very powerful team asset.

Â