Battlefield 4

villarule123

Managed to get in and have a go on Saturday - though only played the first couple of scenes in the campaign before my wife and daughter came back, and due to gore and bad language (from the game, not me) had to courteously play a less offensive game.

I did discover that I am mint at grenades and claymores. Just like I was in COD on the Wiiiiiiiiiii...

Absolutely loving this game again at the minute. Really getting into being a medic which I used to think was the dullest thing to do. Is a bit annoying when you go around reviving everyone, but then as soon as you die no one comes to save you :lol:

The game actually works now, only took 7months to get there 

Edited by PieFacE

Absolutely loving this game again at the minute. Really getting into being a medic which I used to think was the dullest thing to do. Is a bit annoying when you go around reviving everyone, but then as soon as you die no one comes to save you :lol:

The game actually works now, only took 7months to get there 

Yea I had a quick go for half hour the other night, the new servers are soooo much more responsive, why they didn't implement these changes before they released the game, I'll never know.

Now give me my AN94 back and get rid of aim assist.

Hit a wall with this game now, unlocked everything i aimed too apart from the MG4 which i need 20k exp to get and i'd never pay for premium as its absolute daylight robbery.

Anytime i go on there now i just aim to piss off camping snipers :D

CB - interested to hear your view about the Premium thing. Care to add anything more about it? A couple of my gaming buddies from the PC have the Premium package and have encouraged me to get it too... Access to more maps and stuff?

I did look it up, but it seems to cost almost as much as the initial game itself, so really keen to know what others think of Premium...

Cheers

I think its an absolute joke and a rip off to sell you the game for 40/50 quid whatever it is and then offer "Premium" for another 40 quid especially when given the fact that this is EA and all their games including this one for a good 6 months didn't even work properly. I know DLC is a thing now these days but selling a game for that much and then basically saying you don't get to play the entire game until you've doubled your costs is an absolute joke in my opinion.

Have nothing against anyone who has got it by the way its just something that i think is wrong. I suppose while millions of people pay it though they'll just keep getting away with it.

• Like 1

I have premium.

Is it worth 40 quid? Not yet.

However, bf is one of the only games I buy every two years and for me, it's worth it.

The map packs are very good. Much better than the map packs COD games produce. Plus you get all the guns, which is what I like doing and unlocking.

This game is basically a beta for the next game, when it'll be fully next gen. No more excuses for that. It's still a good game and its only brilliant when you play with other people with mics etc.

On the whole, it's not as good as bf3. But its still good.

I have premium.

However, bf is one of the only games I buy every two years and for me, it's worth it.

The map packs are very good. Much better than the map packs COD games produce. Plus you get all the guns, which is what I like doing and unlocking.

This game is basically a beta for the next game, when it'll be fully next gen. No more excuses for that. It's still a good game and its only brilliant when you play with other people with mics etc.

CoD Zombies > BF Zombies... ;)

Edited by AVFCforever1991

I have premium.

CoD Zombies > BF Zombies... ;)

BO1 zombies was good, in the cinema :)

but I mean the actual maps that people play the normal game modes on.

A few of them are just re released updates from BF3 :D

Anyway if its worth it to you and you enjoy it then fairplay to you , its just not for me. I'm the same with fifa though (although it isnt really the same) people put loads of money into that sometimes 100's of £ and i just cant get my head around it.

I'm a premium member and although I think it is a rip off it still saves you money on buying the map packs individually, so in that sense it is worth it. Plus the added bonuses of getting the packs early and other exclusive content.

I think a fair price would be £7.50 per map pack or £25 for premium.

Thanks guys - last question hopefully on Premium...

I've read here that it's not 'yet' value for money, which makes me think it might become valuable in the future. At the same time, I read here that BF4 is the 'beta for the next game.' Any idea if the Premium will still be valid for the next game? Or would I need to buy a separate Premium again for BF5 or whatever it is when it comes?

If the Premium account thing stays with you through the next game release of the same series/franchise, then I can see the long term value of it. Otherwise, EA Sports, just be up front with me and charge me up front for the game as a whole.

I'm really tempted to buy the Premium, purely so I can join in fully with my BF4 buddies. I know I shouldn't feel this way, but I feel a little guilty that when we hook up, they almost have to take a step backwards to 'multiplayer' with me on the basic maps.  

Fully agree with Lapal - the game is so much better when you are with mates on a headset. I get far too frustrated getting my ass shot off on my own!!

Some of the new maps are awesome and to good to miss out on.

It seems steep at first but if you want to experience all that bf has to offer then it's a no brainer as it saves you money over buying everything individually. After a month or so of having premium you soon forget about the 40 you paid for it.

I think it's expensive but I think it has value for money. Bf3 I clocked up 1300 hours on it. I paid 27 quid for release and 40 for premium. It cost me pennies per hour overall and that's value for money.

I've clocked up 500 hours or so on bf4 and bought premium, so it's still only pennies for me per hour.

As I said, I play or played with a lot of friends exclusively on bf games. I find them fun and I don't buy many other games, so I believe bf to be my only day one purchase.

I also clocked up 1500 hours on bfbc2... but telling you that would be embarrassing! :lol:

• Like 1

That is some serious hrs lol. What rank are you?

Bf is the only game I play apart from fifa occasionally. I only get on once or twice a week though, currently at rank 35

That is some serious hrs lol. What rank are you?

Bf is the only game I play apart from fifa occasionally. I only get on once or twice a week though, currently at rank 35

Im top rank on bfbc2 and bf3 and 112 of 120 on bf4.

They release 5 new levels with every dlc though, so ive been lvl120 in reality for some time.

So I'm guessing that you have unlocked everything? what's your weapon of choice?

Anybody have any idea when we can expect the dragons teeth expansion pack? any day now surely?

Â