The R word

villanwesty88

I would class saying somebody has "lost their marbles" just because they don't agree with you as an insult.

bloody hell, you must be quite a precious flower if you consider that an insult.

I just don't know how you can compare today's performance with some of the shit over Christmas.

we've just lost 4-1 to the worst Man Utd side I can recall. and they didn't even have to break sweat to do it. 

I'm not upset by it in the slightest, but it's still an insult and is hardly a good defence of your viewpoint.

That doesn't really tell the full story though. I would hardly say United strolled through that game and while this United team are poorer than in the past it's not like they're a bad team on the whole.

Because back then we lost 2-0 to Fulham, 3-0 to Man United, 2-1 to Stoke, 1-0 to Palace and drew 1-1 with Swansea.

We have just lost 4-1 to Stoke, 4-1 to a poor Man United, we have Fulham and Palace next - both beat us quite easily before - and then Southampton at home and Swansea away. If we follow the same line in form as we did when we last played this badly, things will not be too good come the end of April.

So you think getting 1 point from 5 is as bad as getting 6 points from 4?

Edited by Mantis

Well the teams we really need to do badly are Palace, Sunderland, Baggies and Swansea... Whilst hoping Fulham & Cardiff continue their poor results of course..Norwich are our next best hope but could easily catch us.

So far today

Baggies, Palace & Swansea are winning =  As bad as it could have gotten.

So to Sunderland on Monday.. We need them to not win else we absolutely are right back in it.

I would class saying somebody has "lost their marbles" just because they don't agree with you as an insult.

bloody hell, you must be quite a precious flower if you consider that an insult.

I just don't know how you can compare today's performance with some of the shit over Christmas.

we've just lost 4-1 to the worst Man Utd side I can recall. and they didn't even have to break sweat to do it. 

I'm not upset by it in the slightest, but it's still an insult and is hardly a good defence of your viewpoint.

That doesn't really tell the full story though. I would hardly say United strolled through that game and while this United team are poorer than in the past it's not like they're a bad team on the whole.

Because back then we lost 2-0 to Fulham, 3-0 to Man United, 2-1 to Stoke, 1-0 to Palace and drew 1-1 with Swansea.

We have just lost 4-1 to Stoke, 4-1 to a poor Man United, we have Fulham and Palace next - both beat us quite easily before - and then Southampton at home and Swansea away. If we follow the same line in form as we did when we last played this badly, things will not be too good come the end of April.

Are you kidding me?

I'm talking about our last run of bad form, where we got one point in five.

Do you actually read things or do you just make it up as you go along?

Well the teams we really need to do badly are Palace, Sunderland, Baggies and Swansea... Whilst hoping Fulham & Cardiff continue their poor results of course..Norwich are our next best hope but could easily catch us.

So far today

So to Sunderland on Monday.. We need them to not win else we absolutely are right back in it.

I don't understand how those three winning is bad for us, it keeps the teams that have looked most likely to go down further away from us (if we're talking about relegation).

I looked at around 6 points maximum for March, which we have achieved. If we had beaten Stoke instead of Chelsea then nobody would be batting an eyelid right now, I think we'll be fine still.

The chances of us losing to Fulham AND palace are negligible

For a normal team, we are not normal. Plus the last time we played like this, we didn't win in 5. By that point we would be closer to the bottom.

Palace winning against Chelsea.

People forget that the other teams down there are even less consistent than us, otherwise they'd be ahead of us

• Like 1

Are you kidding me?

Seriously, did you actually read my post? In case you missed it:

Are you kidding me?

Where are the 6 points in 4?

I can't see it.

Can you?

Can Mantis see it?

Can Mantis see 6 points in 4?

Where?

Where can Mantis see it?

Be a good boy now.

Are you kidding me?

I can't see it.

Can you?

Can Mantis see it?

Where?

Where can Mantis see it?

Be a good boy now.

Villa 4-1 Norwich

Villa 1-0 Chelsea

Villa 1-4 Stoke

United 4-1 Villa

There are the 6 points from 4

I can see it.

Can you?

Can dodgyknees see it?

Can dodgyknees see 6 points in 4?

Where?

Where can dodgyknees see it?

Be a good boy now.

Edited by Mantis

Are you kidding me?

I can't see it.

Can you?

Can Mantis see it?

Where?

Where can Mantis see it?

Be a good boy now.

Villa 4-1 Norwich

Villa 1-0 Chelsea

Villa 1-4 Stoke

United 4-1 Villa

There are the 6 points from 4

I can see it.

Can you?

Can dodgyknees see it?

Can dodgyknees see 6 points in 4?

Where?

Where can dodgyknees see it?

Be a good boy now.

And where did I mention the Norwich or Chelsea game?

I didn't.

Fulham and cardiff are doomed whatever happens next week I reckon. Sunderland are under pressure to win games in hand. Norwich have a tough run in. Olbiyun are shit.

However cack we are I can't see us going down. Unless we lose next week. Maybe. Perhaps. I think.

• Like 3

I didn't.

I did. You were comparing our form now to our form over Christmas. 2 games is hardly form.

I said "the last time we played this badly we didn't win for give games"

You couldn't remember us ever playing bad football, or something, so I reminded you.

I'm leaving this now, I don't want you to get confused again.

I didn't.

I did. You were comparing our form now to our form over Christmas. 2 games is hardly form.

I said "the last time we played this badly we didn't win for give games"

You couldn't remember us ever playing bad football, or something, so I reminded you.

I'm leaving this now, I don't want you to get confused again.

And I'm saying that if you're comparing forms then you have to make it at least fairly even. You can't just take our last two games, assume we're only going to get 1 point from the next 3 games and then compare that to a previous 5 game period.

I never said I couldn't remember us ever playing bad football. Perhaps you're the one that's confused here?

Edited by Mantis

So far today

I don't understand how those three winning is bad for us, it keeps the teams that have looked most likely to go down further away from us (if we're talking about relegation).

I looked at around 6 points maximum for March, which we have achieved. If we had beaten Stoke instead of Chelsea then nobody would be batting an eyelid right now, I think we'll be fine still.

It's all about the last relegation place for me... Would think we are clear of Fulham and Cardiff so the fact Cardiff lost is pretty immaterial... But it means the fight to avoid that 3rd from bottom slot is now catching up with us fast.

Its a fight between Sunderland, Baggies, Norwich, Us, Swansea, Palace & Hull..Our table position is a little flattering at the moment and another week like this will see half those teams level with us. A few too many weeks left of the season for my liking especially as we in effect lose the last 2 games (Man City & Spurs both away).

Just hope Sunderland mess up with their games in hand.