Rugby: General Chat

MessiWillSignForVilla

8 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

That completely sums England up.

Take far too long on the kick and the shot clock expires.

Utterly unnecessary and careless play.

I’m struggling to find a sport I enjoy watching England play at the moment.. 

cricket normally 

• Like 1

England have completely mugged Samoa here, incredible they only managed one try in first half with some of the positions they were getting into.

This tournament goes on far too long, can't they expand it a bit and get all teams playing on the same day at least?

It's hilarious but also not a good look that Australia are waiting around for a week for confirmation they're getting knocked out in the pool stage.

we're a fiji win away from a semi final. would've bitten your hand off for that pre-tournament

probably papers over the cracks though and will be deemed a success by the RFU

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

we're a fiji win away from a semi final. would've bitten your hand off for that pre-tournament

probably papers over the cracks though and will be deemed a success by the RFU

The draw is a bit of a shocker, definitely done too far too early. The four best sides meeting in the QFs on one side of the draw, with two of England, Wales, Fiji and Argentina getting through to the semis from the other side. Scotland are better than all those teams and are likely going home. 

• Like 2

If a Lions XV was picked today, it would surely just be the Ireland team - and most of the subs too. Although Owen Farrell would obviously have to be squeezed in there somewhere. 

6 minutes ago, JB said:

If a Lions XV was picked today, it would surely just be the Ireland team - and most of the subs too. Although Owen Farrell would obviously have to be squeezed in there somewhere. 

You’d have a few Scottish in the squad. But yes the Irish are so far ahead of any  British team 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JB said:

It would be dominated by Irish players for sure but there’d be representation from the others, Jac Morgan and Louis Rees-Zammit would be in there from wales for sure.

2 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

It would be dominated by Irish players for sure but there’d be representation from the others, Jac Morgan and Louis Rees-Zammit would be in there from wales for sure.

Well if Gatland was the coach he’d probably still take more Welsh than anyone 

Just look at the quality of those Irish subs. If Lions was picked entirely on merit, you could make a very, very strong case for a full Irish match day squad. 

Off the top of my head, I can’t see any players from the other three nations who are as good as their Irish opposite number. 

I hope Farrell senior is up for the gig. 

• Like 1

That was epic. Comfortable game ( the two tries flattered Scotland to be honest) but the atmosphere was incredible. I can’t imagine what it was like in the stadium against South Africa. 

Shame Ireland meet NZ in the quarters. We can beat them, but I have a bad feeling. They’ve been there and done it

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

That was epic. Comfortable game ( the two tries flattered Scotland to be honest) but the atmosphere was incredible. I can’t imagine what it was like in the stadium against South Africa. 

Shame Ireland meet NZ in the quarters. We can beat them, but I have a bad feeling. They’ve been there and done it

This should be the final, not a quarter final. There's no justice that one of these teams goes out yet England and Wales could be semi finalists.

I know we've all had a drink, but suggesting Peter O'Mahony should be anywhere near a Lions squad is pure madness.

• Like 1

Â