Rugby: General Chat

MessiWillSignForVilla

15 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Great try - England not as dire as some consider

Moi I assume.

It is indeed a superb try but it’s only our third in games against opposition other than Italy this 6N and one of those was from the opposition chucking it to our scorer at a line out. How many other times have we put moves like that together?

‘Dire’ might be have been too strong a word but our attack has been very, very poor. One try doesn’t change that. I’ve found watching us pretty grim, to be honest. 

Edited by JB
  • Like 1

Amazing result for Italy all credit to them. 

France fully deserved the slam, great team. 

England have done Ok the last couple of games, but still lack a game plan. I genuinely don’t know what our attack or game plan is. We have slow breakdown ball compared to the likes of France and Ireland. 

Didn’t understand playing Youngs, that’s not building for the future. Daly, doesn’t deserve a place. Furbank doesn’t strike me as an international. Freddie Stewart is a class act though. 

In the pack surely play Lawes as a second row. Then get some pace in the back row. There are some talented players int hat position. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

Sean Edwards deserves all the plaudits, transforming the French defence and making them a solid side.

England yet again missed a trick employing him

He should’ve been in the England set up the before he started working with Wales - over 14 years ago! It’s absolutely crazy that the powers that be have let him slip through their fingers for so long. Got a feeling he’d only move for the head coach job.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JB said:

He should’ve been in the England set up the before he started working with Wales - over 14 years ago! It’s absolutely crazy that the powers that be have let him slip through their fingers for so long. Got a feeling he’d only move for the head coach job.

Arrogance by the RFU to employ someone steeped in the Rugby League code…

I’d put money on him being involved in the England set up post next World Cup though 

1 hour ago, JB said:

If he wants the head coach, post World Cup id say it’s his. Everyone who works with him say how good he is. It’s galling when you see him and Farrell doing so well for other nations, yet we have a foreign coach. This isn’t a xenophobic post, it’s just so frustrating seeing these 2 great coaches and Edwards never got a chance with England and Farrell was discarded 

15 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

If he wants the head coach, post World Cup id say it’s his. Everyone who works with him say how good he is. It’s galling when you see him and Farrell doing so well for other nations, yet we have a foreign coach. This isn’t a xenophobic post, it’s just so frustrating seeing these 2 great coaches and Edwards never got a chance with England and Farrell was discarded 

Farrell is still tainted by the Lancaster failed era but glad he’s doing well with Ireland.

personally I would’ve binned EJ after last years Six Nations but the last Autumn internationals and the introduction of fresh blood granted him an extension.

I feel we’re stuck with him until the conclusion of the next WC regardless but not sure that’s a good thing or not 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Arrogance by the RFU to employ someone steeped in the Rugby League code…

I’d put money on him being involved in the England set up post next World Cup though 

Wales should never have let him go but tbh, they'd still be a poor side this year. They need to rebuild and start again too many are over the hill

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
58 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

Tigers well and truly back!!!

Fantastic performance today to grind that out.

Truly enthralling game once it warmed up in the first half, although I still can't see how Davies avoided a red. So many similar incidents this season have ended with a red.

Great to see Tom Youngs lift the trophy too. 

Tactics spot on by Borthwick, denied Sarries any territory until right at the end.

• Like 2

Completely agree about the high tackle being a red card all day long - I know it’s a final but those rules are for the safety of players.

chuffed Sarries lost - was getting very bored with the media rhetoric that they have done well to get back to the top since they were punished for financial cheating.

Yes, they were relegated for a season but were given assurances their international players would still be available for selection so retained the majority of them in the Championship. 

They’ve been inconvenienced more than punished. 

Probably the most obnoxious, entitled fan base too. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

chuffed Sarries lost - was getting very bored with the media rhetoric that they have done well to get back to the top since they were punished for financial cheating.

Yes, they were relegated for a season but were given assurances their international players would still be available for selection so retained the majority of them in the Championship. 

They’ve been inconvenienced more than punished. 

Probably the most obnoxious, entitled fan base too. 

The run up to the final felt a lot less special than usual, the media has created a narrative that a Saracens win was inevitable.

The best thing about this final is that each year fans from all clubs go, not just of the two competing teams. It's a fantastic day out. I guarantee that the majority were pro tigers, so it would have been more partisan that usual.

Agree totally about the relegation not being enough of a punishment. Seeing them fall short helps though :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jonesy7211 said:

Truly enthralling game once it warmed up in the first half, although I still can't see how Davies avoided a red. So many similar incidents this season have ended with a red.

Great to see Tom Youngs lift the trophy too. 

Tactics spot on by Borthwick, denied Sarries any territory until right at the end.

This was talked about before the game and said these sort of incidents will be given a red now all day long, so the players need to be more careful. Also said a heap of money had been put on a red card happening on betting sites. Just makes you think doesn't it?

Was a very tactical game, which tigers did superbly, Borthwick has done such a job there in such a short space of time. It’s just a shame half of the players including Genge and Ford going. 

I wanted Sarries to win, but only because I put a small bet on then winning, the day they got promoted 

An admittedly hotch-potch England team are toiling against Barbarians.

Not the prettiest of matches, littered with individual handling errors by both teams.

Eddie Jones has made us a very lacklustre team and I don’t see it changing. 

These matches should be an exciting and unpredictable watch.  

Still expect England to win this, especially as the Ba-Bas are down to 14 but convincing it won’t be. 

Well, that was completely embarrassing by Jones’ England.

A man advantage for over 45 minutes and still conceded multiple tries, whilst fluffing their lines with basic handling and movement errors.

England looked devoid of ideas and attacking intent throughout. 

Yes, there were no players from Leicester or Saracens but this was against a scratch team of players who have been on the lash all week in preparation! 

we are going to get humped in the summer tour of Australia. 

Jones should walk away now before he ruins players international careers. 

He has been sadly lacking as a coach since beating NZ in the World Cup semi final in 2019 and i do not see him turning it around.

• Like 2

Â