Libor Kozák

samjp26

Well he's fee was £4 million with add ons wasn't it?

There is no evidence to suggest it was.

Or wasn't, I believe that's what Mat Kendrik reported who's usually closest to the club.

Or wasn't, I believe that's what Mat Kendrik reported who's usually closest to the club.

When has Kendrick ever claimed that? He always mentions the £7m figure in his articles. Such as this one: http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-striker-libor-kozak-6463885

I'm sure he tweeted that I could be wrong. I'm sure like a few of the transfers the season before (such as Westwood which was reported as £2 million and Lambert said it was £750,000) I'm pretty sure I read it somewhere.

DDID, I'm far from having a downer on Libor, I just think his limit is about 10 league goals a season which for someone who isn't a regular is actually a pretty good return.

I just don't want him starting all the time and certainly not as Benteke's replacement which some seemed convinced he can do it as he scored 4 goals in 10 games so obviously would score close to 20 in a full season!

When has Kendrick ever claimed that? He always mentions the £7m figure in his articles. Such as this one: http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-striker-libor-kozak-6463885

Is this not the same as Sky Sports claiming Bacuna cost us 3million, when his own club said we got him for 800k. I think people are obsessed with how much we spent for Kozak because they don't like the player, compare him to RVW who went to Norwich for 8.5 or Soldado and the fee doesn't look half as bad.

• Like 1

Not really as I'm not saying it is definite that the reported fee is correct but there is no evidence to suggest it is lower as lots of people make out.

HH gave some evidence - 100% proven to be part of the team in some capacity and he said it was £4.5, about as reliable as the press so...

Edited by villan_007

Not really as I'm not saying it is definite that the reported fee is correct but there is no evidence to suggest it is lower as lots of people make out.

HH gave some evidence - 100% proven to be part of the team in some capacity and he said it was £4.5, about as reliable as the press so...

The same Hairyhands who claimed we only spent £10m in the summer you mean, when the accounts put it as £18.9m? He was correct on many things, financial information wasn't one of them.

The same Hairyhands who claimed we only spent £10m in the summer you mean, when the accounts put it as £18.9m? He was correct on many things, financial information wasn't one of them.

Still I guess nobody really knows do they - I don't think he was £7mill though somewhere in between the two probably.

Yes, nearly all fees are undisclosed nowadays so you can never be certain. So you do have to rely on reported fees really. In Kozak's case, numerous outlets put it at around £6-7m so you have to assume it was somewhere around that.

Yes, nearly all fees are undisclosed nowadays so you can never be certain. So you do have to rely on reported fees really. In Kozak's case, numerous outlets put it at around £6-7m so you have to assume it was somewhere around that.

I've seen it reported in Italy or overseas as €7m.

How many times can people get it wrong... It's Covak ffs.

• Like 3

As I've said before, figures in the accounts are going to be including any potential clauses/fees that may not have been paid yet. Some may even be paid in instalments. 

So, if HH said somebody cost a certain amount, maybe it was because he assumed or knew what had been paid up front. It's like how Cristiano Ronaldo would have gone down as an £80m purchase for Madrid or whatever it was, but I doubt that fee is anywhere near paid off.

Edited by samjp26

As I've said before, figures in the accounts are going to be including any potential clauses/fees that may not have been paid yet. Some may even be paid in instalments. 

So, if HH said somebody cost a certain amount, maybe it was because he assumed or knew what had been paid up front. It's like how Cristiano Ronaldo would have gone down as an £80m purchase for Madrid or whatever it was, but I doubt that fee is anywhere near paid off.

I though only guarenteed payments are included in the accounts such as instalments? A clause that is not certain to be met, will surely not be included until it is paid.

So regarding what HH said, it was a distortion of the facts at best with a deliberate intention to mislead. Most transfers are paid in instalments but you refer to the total figure when speaking about how much a player cost.

From what I remember, the Ronaldo fee was all paid up front so that isn't a good example but Bale's is being paid in instalments I think. So if the up front payment for Bale was say £50m, it would still be disingenuous to go around saying he cost £50m.

I do rate Kozak. He is a real hard worker and scored goals for us when actually we were playing shocking football. Now we seem to have found the ability to cross the football, which I think Kozak would benefit from. His celebrations like the one at Southampton make me want him to really succeed at Villa, get back playing soon Libor, up the villa!

• Like 3

No we don't. We can just not give a toss and enjoy the fact he's scored 4 goals in his limited playing time with us.

• Like 4

Expected to be back for preseason training. Hopefully he can stay fit for a whole season. Despite opinions on here, Kozak has scored goals when we needed it and is a useful member of the squad. He certainly is better than Holt and much younger. 

Edited by Czechlad
  • Like 3

Â