Libor Kozák

samjp26

He's in an unfortunate situation. We'd probably have been better leaving him on and taking Benteke off. But then Benteke did win an awful lot of headers that could become an effective attack. The problem is he did nothing else. Kozak looked more in the game on the ground but wasn't as dominant in the air. Hard to know. He's certainly second fiddle to the Belgian though and you can't argue with that really. We want Benteke match fit asap so you tolerate him while he's getting there.

He's in an unfortunate situation. We'd probably have been better leaving him on and taking Benteke off. But then Benteke did win an awful lot of headers that could become an effective attack. The problem is he did nothing else. Kozak looked more in the game on the ground but wasn't as dominant in the air. Hard to know. He's certainly second fiddle to the Belgian though and you can't argue with that really. We want Benteke match fit asap so you tolerate him while he's getting there.

Perhaps, but how long can you go on past laurels and not current form?

It's true about Benteke winning the headers. But, then, he was the target for most of the forward balls. Kozak doesn't strike me as a forward that plays off the shoulder of a target man - but that is what he was asked to do. If he was the target man for the last 30 mins instead of Benteke, I doubt he would have performed any less.

It's true about Benteke winning the headers. But, then, he was the target for most of the forward balls. Kozak doesn't strike me as a forward that plays off the shoulder of a target man - but that is what he was asked to do. If he was the target man for the last 30 mins instead of Benteke, I doubt he would have performed any less.

For a long time. Lambert isn't going to drop Benteke. Even without him playing well he still creates opportunities for other players. leTS face it we were toOTHless without him. I know we beat City but in the other games we had zero threat, Kozak looks better when Benteke plays than when he plays as a lone striker. FACT!

Edited by PaulC

For a long time. Lambert isn't going to drop Benteke. Even without him playing well he still creates opportunities for other players. leTS face it we were toOTHless without him. I know we beat City but in the other games we had zero threat, Kozak looks better when Benteke plays than when he plays as a lone striker. FACT!

Out of curiousity - how many games has Kozak played for us as a lone striker?

No surprise we instantly look better when he was subbed.

VillaTalk is full of bulls***. But logic like this is the cream of the **** crop

Great come back.

We currently play a very direct style with lots of long kicks from the keeper and defenders and wide players knocking high balls into the box.

Benteke is much better in the air than Kozak. Also kozak is slow meaning any knock downs would be difficult for him to get to ahead of a defender. Gabby and weimman obviously are better at doing that.

So no surprise for me that we looked better when he was off the pitch.

Good contribution though.

VillaTalk is full of bulls***. But logic like this is the cream of the **** crop

Great come back.

We currently play a very direct style with lots of long kicks from the keeper and defenders and wide players knocking high balls into the box.

Benteke is much better in the air than Kozak. Also kozak is slow meaning any knock downs would be difficult for him to get to ahead of a defender. Gabby and weimman obviously are better at doing that.

Your comment was rubbish though - he was better than benteke, and it was pretty obvious it was more to do with sylla and tonev going off that it was Kozak.

I didn't think we looked toothless when we beat Norwich & Man City without Benteke. I agree that Benteke shouldn't be dropped though. He brings other players into play.

In regards to Kozak I thought he played pretty well before being subbed, his one effort where he hit the bar was crazy.

I didn't think we looked toothless when we beat Norwich & Man City without Benteke. I agree that Benteke shouldn't be dropped though. He brings other players into play.

In regards to Kozak I thought he played pretty well before being subbed, his one effort where he hit the bar was crazy.

Yes i thought Kozak played ok but on his own he would have been lost. Norwich second half we created nothing and i think we created 3 chances against City which we scored from. 

Great come back.

Your comment was rubbish though - he was better than benteke, and it was pretty obvious it was more to do with sylla and tonev going off that it was Kozak.

So why did Lambert take him off?

Yeah it was because we switched to a 4-3-3, not because Kozak went off.

Do you think kozak would have worked in that formation?

Possibly.

I don't see it. Not good enough in the air to win the amount of headers benteke did and not quick enough to play around him like gabby and weimman.

Possibly.

I don't see it. Not good enough in the air to win the amount of headers benteke did and not quick enough to play around him like gabby and weimman.

I agree

Possibly.

But Benteke's headers had no impact on our comeback yesterday.

Great come back.

When he was subbed, 3 players came one, 3 came off, plus we changed formation.

So 6 changes of personnel and a formation change but you've attributed our improvement to Kozak coming off. 

Nonsense

Great come back.

When he was subbed, 3 players came one, 3 came off, plus we changed formation.

So 6 changes of personnel and a formation change but you've attributed our improvement to Kozak coming off.

Nonsense

No obviously we got two goals because Clark played 10 yards more central.

The formation changed certainly helped and I've said why kozak wouldn't have worked in that formation. Do you disagree?

I don't remember saying the only thing that led to our improvement was kozak coming off so you're talking rubbish.

I said it was no surprise we improved when he went off.

Â