Libor Kozák

samjp26

I don't know about others but I was never estatic about the Kozak signing based on what I saw from him watching Lazio. He never quite cut the mustard there and he is 24 now. So he is not a 'youngster' by any stretch of the imagination. When we were first linked I said:

Poor man's Benteke. From what I've seen, I doubt he'll even become a top 6 player. Unlike Benteke, he is not central to making play happen. His assist stats over the years are poor. I can see the logic in signing him as Benteke's understudy but only for a nominal fee.

I stand by that...

Edit: In fact, I'm not sure I even stand by that. He hasn't even looked a poor man's Benteke so far. At Lazio, one thing he did at least have in common with him was that physicality and aerial strength to his game. Hasn't displayed any of that thus far.

Edited by Isa

Have noted one or two comments asking why we purchased Kozak and it is right to question that when he seemingly doesn't fit into our system in the same way Bent didn't.

When i first questioned the validity of signing Kozak based on the reason above i got dogs abuse for even putting that question forward and at least now its being considered in a more reasonable way without being termed negative.

Of course that doesn't make me or any other poster now suggesting the above reason right but before anyone encircling another poster for being deemed negative it would actually be nice for a change that they consider what is actually being said.

I don't know about others but I was never estatic about the Kozak signing based on what I saw from him watching Lazio. He never quite cut the mustard there and he is 24 now. So he is not a 'youngster' by any stretch of the imagination. When we were first linked I said:

Poor man's Benteke. From what I've seen, I doubt he'll even become a top 6 player. Unlike Benteke, he is not central to making play happen. His assist stats over the years are poor. I can see the logic in signing him as Benteke's understudy but only for a nominal fee.

I stand by that...

Edit: In fact, I'm not sure I even stand by that. He has even looked a poor man's Benteke so far. At Lazio, one thing he did at least have in common with him was that physicality and aerial strength to his game. Hasn't displayed any of that thus far.

He isn't meant to be Benteke. Benteke is bordering on world class. Our central forward is not there to "make things happen" it just turned out that benteke is that good that he does this. When Kozak is playing it highlights the hole we have in our playing roster for an attacking midfielder. I have no doubt Kozak in a team that creates more (not just in transition or on the break) would scores goals or we would at least see what he is made of. Right now he is being left with too much to do.

• Like 1

Then that just confirms how pointless it was signing him. The whole argument used by the defenders of the signing was that he will be able to step in for Benteke if he is unavailable, so we can retain the same system. Now the same people are claiming that he is a different type of striker anyway...

• Like 1

Then that just confirms how pointless it was signing him. The whole argument used by the defenders of the signing was that he will be able to step in for Benteke if he is unavailable, so we can retain the same system. Now the same people are claiming that he is a different type of striker anyway...

He did step in when Benteke wasn't available didn't he? What people are saying is it will take him time to adjust to the league, but the problem we have is statto's like yourself go and look for stats to prove you were right. So you can sit there and say he was a pointless signing, how can a signing be judged pointless, if he replaced the striker and helped earn 7 from 12 points in CB's absence. Now with CB back, a bit of pressure will be off him, and he can work on getting himself up to speed.

Kozak looks absolutely awful.

All this bollocks about him learning a new language, having new teammates etc.

What, so when he finally goes out for a few drinks with Delph and learns the language, he's going to be quicker, learn to head a ball and generally not be completely shite?

Another dud.

This is one of the stupidest posts I've read for some time and, for Villa Talk, that's quite an accolade.

Why's it so stupid? I also don't see how getting used to the league and his team mates is going to improve his pace, which is certainly the main thing that will prevent him from being a good premiership attacker.

I don't tend to get involved with this sort of discussion on VT but I think I have to this time.

I've highlighted the stupid parts. It is NOT bollocks to suggest that a MASSIVE change for a person (because remember, first and foremost footballers are people) is going to effect how they perform and that's just a fact. He is learning a whole new game and way of playing. That does not happen after a handful of games. To call that "bollocks" is just ridiculous.

I don't think anyone has suggested going on a bender with Delph will improve him and that sentence is just cynical and childish. Obviously that doesn't improve his attributes, but do you not think that settling down, getting to know the team and training regime isn't going to improve his attributes?

And to call him a dud when the seasons hardly begun? That's just completely idiotic.

You know I sometimes wonder if all football fans are this bloody naive, stupid, cynical and negative all the time. Our fans really can be the worst thing about this club.

• Like 1

I have always thought that Kozak was backup for Benteke and not his replacement.

He was used as Benteke's backup when he was injured, but the problem is that so far he does not even look good enough to be backup.

We will need someone of a much higher standard plus at least a very good creative midfielder to replace Benteke.

Kozak looks absolutely awful.

All this bollocks about him learning a new language, having new teammates etc.

What, so when he finally goes out for a few drinks with Delph and learns the language, he's going to be quicker, learn to head a ball and generally not be completely shite?

Another dud.

This is one of the stupidest posts I've read for some time and, for Villa Talk, that's quite an accolade.

Why's it so stupid? I also don't see how getting used to the league and his team mates is going to improve his pace, which is certainly the main thing that will prevent him from being a good premiership attacker.

I don't tend to get involved with this sort of discussion on VT but I think I have to this time.

I've highlighted the stupid parts. It is NOT bollocks to suggest that a MASSIVE change for a person (because remember, first and foremost footballers are people) is going to effect how they perform and that's just a fact. He is learning a whole new game and way of playing. That does not happen after a handful of games. To call that "bollocks" is just ridiculous.

I don't think anyone has suggested going on a bender with Delph will improve him and that sentence is just cynical and childish. Obviously that doesn't improve his attributes, but do you not think that settling down, getting to know the team and training regime isn't going to improve his attributes?

And to call him a dud when the seasons hardly begun? That's just completely idiotic.

You know I sometimes wonder if all football fans are this bloody naive, stupid, cynical and negative all the time. Our fans really can be the worst thing about this club.

I've been guilty of making a very premature judgement on Benteke and it is something i deeply regret although i can understand why i and other fans do this on a regular basis as one would think when purchasing an international player you would be getting someone who would at least have some attribute to compliment. The problem with Kozak at the moment is that he doesn't seem to have anything that would even show promise and thats why the above poster has probably reacted in the way that he has. 

Its therefore true at certain times we as fans can 'be the worst thing about this club' but i would also say due to the patience shown by the fans over a very long period without success and then having to stomach probably the worst manager this club has ever seen, we could also be described as the most loyal.

round and round we go.

Eventually, we'll all agree he's shit (because he is) and when that happens, the people who didn't think he was shit in the first place will compliment themselves for giving him a chance.

But.

He's shit.

you've figured all that out after 4 games - what do you do when you not coaching the spanish team? fifa child muggyness

Edited by villan_007
  • Like 1

round and round we go.

Eventually, we'll all agree he's shit (because he is) and when that happens, the people who didn't think he was shit in the first place will compliment themselves for giving him a chance.

But.

He's shit.

you've figured all that out after 4 games - what do you do when you not coaching the spanish team? fifa child muggyness

Uhhh, we'll see.

round and round we go.

But.

He's shit.

Ironic given your username and all the people calling Delph shit over the years.

One would think you would understand the importance of giving players time.

• Like 1

round and round we go.

But.

He's shit.

Ironic given your username and all the people calling Delph shit over the years.

A youngster who has shown flashes of brilliance before some cruel injury problems?

Yeh, I'll give him time.

A player who failed to score once last year in a league inferior to the one he plays in now? A player who probably put in the worst forward's display away at Hull that ive ever witnessed? A striker who is slower than Gareth Barry? Who hasn't won a header yet?

Wait, is this one of those times we should just blame the players around him instead? 

Nah, he's shit.

round and round we go.

But.

He's shit.

A youngster who has shown flashes of brilliance before some cruel injury problems?

Yeh, I'll give him time.

A player who failed to score once last year in a league inferior to the one he plays in now? A player who probably put in the worst forward's display away at Hull that ive ever witnessed? A striker who is slower than Gareth Barry? Who hasn't won a header yet?

Wait, is this one of those times we should just blame the players around him instead? 

Nah, he's shit.

Must of fluked being the europa league top scorer then. 10 goals in 11 games. New league and 4 games 1 goal. Yet you have written him off. Ridiculous

Edited by villan_007

round and round we go.

But.

He's shit.

Yeh, I'll give him time.

Nah, he's shit.

How's that roundabout. As you the one who keeps going round and round if someone questions your judgement. As for worst forwards display, you must have a short memory of the strikers that have played for AVFC.

It is possible for some of us to conclude that Kozak isn't a particularly good player based on his performances for Lazio isn't it?

It would be akin to Lazio signing someone like Ryan Shotton and their fans concluding he is a poor player based on what they have seen of him at Stoke.

Edited by Isa

It is possible for some of us to conclude that Kozak isn't a particularly good player based on his performances for Lazio isn't it?

It would be akin to Lazio signing someone like Ryan Shotton and their fans concluding he is a poor player based on what they have seen of him at Stoke.

So what about the performances for Lazio in the Europa League? So you can comfortably say you watched all of the league games he played for Lazio? Because out of the games he was on as a substitute 14 times.

Â