Libor Kozák

samjp26

Everyone just assumed when Helenius signed he'd be Benteke's eventual replacement but obviously with this signing and having seen him play some minutes it's obviously he likes to drop deeper on the pitch so while not quite an AM it gives us the option of playing 4-4-1-1 in maybe some of the away games.

End of the day Lambert likes signing strikers, he signed a shed load at Norwich so he certainly wants to start with 3 and have at least another 2 on the bench.

Pathetic performance so far. Bilek is struggling to beat Armenia at home. Ridiculous. 

Kozak hasn't done much. He created a great chance in the first minute but that is about it.

He's had very little service though.

Pathetic performance so far. Bilek is struggling to beat Armenia at home. Ridiculous. 

Kozak hasn't done much. He created a great chance in the first minute but that is about it.

They keep hitting their head at the Armenia's parked bus and just try to pass their way through rather than mixing it up and crossing once in a while.

Think that was him with a header at the end, into the keeper's arms.

Watching Armenia is quite an experience, it's a class act like Mitkhyrian surrounded by 9 other outfield blokes who can barely control and kick a football.

Still another great away win for them and 9 points, ridiculous they somehow lost 0-1 at home to Malta otherwise they'd be second now!

As I've said many times Czech football has been in decline for years, you're miles away from putting out a team of the standard we saw in euro 2004 which was a proper golden generation team.

Porbosky aswell, wonderful game against Dutch when they came from 2 down to win 3-2. They weren't bad in euro 2000 either, battered Holland in the opening game and lost to a ridiculous penalty.

Basically just all grew old together and the new generation that has come though really isn't that great.

Really terrible match especially considering it was at home. We have enough talent to make it to the world cup but Bilek is an awful manager that has stuck around far too long. The Czech team is pretty strong. A lot of quality players that just aren't being utilized properly. 

How many quality players do you really think you have? Cech and Rosicky are in their 30s now and their clubs will probably put pressure on them to retire from internationals once his campaign is over, can't say Plasil has ever looked that great to me. Kozak, we'll see of course. The RB's a good player though.

• Like 1

How many quality players do you really think you have? Cech and Rosicky are in their 30s now and their clubs will probably put pressure on them to retire from internationals once his campaign is over, can't say Plasil has ever looked that great to me. Kozak, we'll see of course. The RB's a good player though.

Michal Kadlec, Theodor Selassie, Vladimir Darida, Vaclav Kadlec, Matej Vydra, Vlaclav Pilar and Libor Kozak are all pretty good younger players expect Michal Kadlec who is in the prime of his career. Rosicky is still a very good player and Plasil is a solid midfielder. 

Edited by Czechlad

Would some people argue that a Gabby, Benteke, Kozak triple attack would work?

-------------- Teke ---------------

--- Gabby ----------- Kozak ---

I don't think that would work because Kozak is more of a 'target man' rather than an energetic wing type attacker that Weimann is. If this is the case, where would Kozak fit in other than a 442 with Benteke?

I would imagine that that would work but not in the way you appear to be thinking.

Kozak being the furthest forward (the Target Man) with Benteke on his coat tails just behind him. That has to be the natural order of things if the two play together

That leaves Gabby to be the wide winger / forward on either side of the pitch, swapping as he sees fit, which in turn keeps 2 full backs busy and Gabby can exploit whichever is the weaker or mix it up to keep them guessing utilising our full backs further up the pitch as and when necessary.

Yeah that's how I see it too. I think they've seen that if we're putting pressure on a team and we're using Benteke as a focal point then he's not far enough forward to get on the end of things.

It allows us to use Benteke as Mick McCarthy.

Â