Rocket League

hogso

Yeah I get that, that's why I have my alt account. When I play on my normal account, I'll lose a game, and then I'll win a game, so on and so forth, so my ranking doesn't really move, but I don't really feel like I have any particularly positive effect on procedings. If I lose it's cos I'm too shit, if I win it's cos one of my team mates was awesome.

I'll still have a blast in unranked though, so I can't really say my heart isn't in it anymore, and I find it a lot of fun to get my alt up to the Star rankings. It's taking some time, but I am really enjoying it.

52 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

What rankings are you guys sitting at?

I'm currently at Challenger 3 I think. I won 10 games in a row the other night which I was quite impressed with.

hogso.png

To do this yourself, and to see some more info, go to;

https://rocketleaguestats.com/profile/ps4/

or

https://rocketleaguestats.com/profile/steam/

or

https://rocketleaguestats.com/profile/XboxOne/

and type in your username at the end of the address

Edited by hogso

I've played a hell of a lot more than you, and I'm still garbage. :blush:

76561198025149770.png

I need to play a bit on PS4, at least to finish placement!

androidsheep.png

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

I would be surpised if you have played more than me tbh. I played a hell of a lot when first came out, and there have been a couple of stat resets since then, so they don't show on these stats, nor do unranked matches. Plus there's my alt;

jizzlobber__.png

Just had a game that had 9 minutes of extra time. Our team made 11 saves, they had 9.

Last minute I got through one on one, dinked it over the keeper, it bounced off the post and just shy of hitting the post on the other side,  they counter attack and someone saves it on our goalline with a bicycle kick, then we went back up the other end and scored to win 3-2.

And that's why I love Rocket League.

• Like 2

stevo985.png

There's no way I should be Challenger 3. 

I@m exactly what Hogso said. If I win a game at that level it's very rarely because of something I did.

• Like 1

Challenger II seems about right for me at the moment, need to work on my air play before I have any chance in higher divisions.

Skill is wildly inconsistent though, even in ranked. In one game I'm the only guy not doing smoke writing in the air, in the next I'm teamed with people who get less than 50 points in the game and drive around on the floor completely missing the ball all game.

I've spent this afternoon playing as a 'bruiser', as many demos as I can, and just generally nudging people off course, harassing the goalkeeper constantly. Quite a few goals have come because their players have been too busy dodging me to watch the ball. Lots of swearing, and more than a couple of ragequits so far. Good fun.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The physical "Collector's Edition" is out on 24th June, including all the already released DLC, plus 4 new vehicles. They're timed exclusives, so will be available for everyone to buy at some point. I don't believe any pictures of them have been released yet, though.

Some other tidbits;

They're introducing a new arena for Rocket Labs called Pillars, which looks...well, weird. Better to have a look yourself, than try to explain it.

In addition to the recent change that had the camera focus on the scorer to enable a little celebration after the replay, there will also be post-game 'spotlights'. A few of the titles that will be awarded are;

• Aggressor – Most First Touches
  • Benchwarmer – Fewest Ball Hits
  • Prodigy – Score 3 or more goals
  • Speed Demon – Most Boost Pickups
  • Traitor – Score an own goal
  • Warden – Make 3 or more saves

Plus 'Enforcer' for most bumps, 'Tactician' for most centered balls, 'Ace' for most goals, 'Ball Hog' for most touches, 'Executioner' for most demolishes, plus a bunch of others making over 20 in total. I'll be curious to see whether or not these are awarded only to the winning team. One of the only changes from SARP I don't like is that you can't win MVP if you're on the losing team, so hopefully this will give some credit to members of a losing team.

Those plus the long awaited custom quick chat are coming in June.

Edited by hogso

I **** love these guys. That new map looks interesting, I wish it was in the normal rotation and not just Rocket Labs.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

Genuinely dislike this game now.

Tried playing on my own today and lasted 2 games before I switched it off.

It lasted a year which is good going, but I'm done with this one.

Â