Rocket League

hogso

Anyone played on Cosmic in Rocket Labs yet? I've forgotten all about it and haven't tried it out yet.

1 hour ago, troon_villan said:

I approach the hogso method when playing ranked. I sit back for the first 30 seconds and see what my teammate is like and modify my game to suit.

Problem with hoops, is that it's frantic from second one due to the size of the court. So it's good fun but not sure it'll hold me for long. Already back on doubles last night and the court seems huuuge when you go back to it!

Ah, The Hogso Method, might have to trademark that.

Oh, and the Rocket League Championship Series - basically the RL FA Cup - kicks off this weekend. NA and EU brackets of 128 on Saturday and Sunday respectively. Over 20,000 players, over 6,000 teams, and a prize pot of $75k with the grandfinals live.

I probably should have entered that with my mates, even if only to get knocked out in round 1

Does anyone else find it incredibly frustrating when you're playing doubles and some arsehole plays basically as a stay at home keeper?

I get it in standard, but doubles? **** off mate, play the game. Unless the other player is insanely good you're going to get smashed anyway

It can be frustrating, unless that player is a very good rush keeper. I play that role quite a lot, it's very very effective in standard as you can start a counter attack from nothing and score a bunch of goals from your own box, as long as your shots are accurate enough. In doubles though, yeah, you gotta support in the final third.

As for entering the RLCS it was EU and NA servers only, so you wouldve had to of taken the ping hit. How are the Oz servers? Do you have to use others?

7 hours ago, hogso said:

It can be frustrating, unless that player is a very good rush keeper. I play that role quite a lot, it's very very effective in standard as you can start a counter attack from nothing and score a bunch of goals from your own box, as long as your shots are accurate enough. In doubles though, yeah, you gotta support in the final third.

As for entering the RLCS it was EU and NA servers only, so you wouldve had to of taken the ping hit. How are the Oz servers? Do you have to use others?

The Oceania servers are great, and I can usually get a decent game going on the US servers as well. I've had a lot less luck with Asia despite it being closer, and I haven't even tried Europe, but i'm assuming i'll be pushing my luck a long way if I try to get in on any VT action :(

The Oceania servers are always packed if it's the right time of day, but my shifts are all over the place so sometimes I want to wake up at 9am and play some Rocket League and I can either hope the US servers are okay or wait in line for Oceania because not many are on.

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

This game really doesn't do it for me anymore though. My heart's not in it!

If I could dislike a single post on the entire forum...this. This would be it. You have the devil in you.

Remember when I used to like all the posts in this thread? I should do that again. Apart from that one. That basically would be disliking, wouldn't it?

• Like 1

I don't think my ranking helps. It's too high for me, so I spend every game feeling like the worst player on the pitch.

When I play with my cousin and his brother who are lower ranked it's much more fun.

• Like 1

Â