Rocket League

hogso

43 minutes ago, troon_villan said:

Hogso, I can't believe you robbed that goal off me! Good games though! 

Cheeky weren't it, couldn't resist 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

If anyone I was playing against did anything on that video I think i'd quit immediately. What's the point?

It makes me want to stop playing games for ages and just practice flying so I have some sort of control over what I do in the air.

I don't need to be at that level but i'd love to be able to make those sorts of mid air adjustments more regularly.

But the effort required to get to that level would be insane

Yeah, those guys have played many thousands of hours on RL and SARP combined, so it certainly does take a lot of time. 

But then again, I probably clocked over a thousand hours on SARP and can aerial nothing like that. I did play with JHZER a number of times tho. 

It's really interesting to play at the moment because I haven't really figured out a consistent way to score apart from the "layup" method of hitting it up the side wall when it's near the end, but neither has anybody i'm playing against, so there really is a lot of fumbling around that doesn't happen in the standard football mode.

I approach the hogso method when playing ranked. I sit back for the first 30 seconds and see what my teammate is like and modify my game to suit.

Problem with hoops, is that it's frantic from second one due to the size of the court. So it's good fun but not sure it'll hold me for long. Already back on doubles last night and the court seems huuuge when you go back to it!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, troon_villan said:

I approach the hogso method when playing ranked. I sit back for the first 30 seconds and see what my teammate is like and modify my game to suit.

Problem with hoops, is that it's frantic from second one due to the size of the court. So it's good fun but not sure it'll hold me for long. Already back on doubles last night and the court seems huuuge when you go back to it!

Did you find that several days of Hoops affected your soccer play at all?

I did the same, playing a night of doubles after playing Hoops basically exclusively since it came out. I feel like it actually rounded my game out a bit. I'm better at putting in a dangerous cross and my aerial work is has improved significantly.

Â