Rocket League

hogso

I tell you what, if you're ever down a bit on confidence, go play on the unranked servers for a bit.

I'm a lowly prospect elite but I just MVP'd 4 standard games in a row and basically ran every game while I was waiting for my mate to sort out his internet issue. So much time and space and your mistakes don't get punished. It's like playing against Aston Villa.

• Like 2

On 5/13/2016 at 16:13, Davkaus said:

I've spent this afternoon playing as a 'bruiser', as many demos as I can, and just generally nudging people off course, harassing the goalkeeper constantly. Quite a few goals have come because their players have been too busy dodging me to watch the ball. Lots of swearing, and more than a couple of ragequits so far. Good fun.

I still do this. I measure my play now not by number of goals, or saves, but by how angry my opponents get.

In my last game I blew a guy up 4 times in the first couple of minutes. He raged and called me a noob after the first one, so I targeted him all game. He scored to make it 2-1 and said "that's for the bumps, <redacted homophobic slur>". We got back up to 2-2, I blew him up a couple more times, then in the last 30 seconds or so, my teammate shot, and I detonated this guy for the last time just as he was about to save it, 3-2.

He wished cancer on me and quit the game. :D 

If people don't react early on, I tend to play normal for most of the game, but as soon as someone rages early in the game, you know you've ruined their game and they're not going to do a damn thing if you give them a nudge every so often, it's great fun.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

I like to think of myself as the shit Patrick Viera of Rocket League. 

It's not nice, but it's part of the game, and it's effective. People should get a Nintendo and play Mario if they don't like it up 'em. ;) 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

It's a part of the game, right on. I see people raging after being demolished a single time, or people apologising for demolishing others!

Nuts, there's nothing wrong with it, if you're a good enough player you should be able to avoid demolishes and play your game relatively normally. 

If you're not regularly trying to clear a path by ramming and demolishing opponents, you're missing a very important part of the game IMO.

I don't play to upset people but nobody should be getting upset about being demolished.

• Like 1

Agree with the above really, I don't think its in the spirit of the game to just try and demolish people all game but its definitely part of the tactics, the same as every other aspect of the game.

As I said before, I only play doubles on this and still hovering around the challenger level. I was so close to moving into challenger elite but then lost quite a few games and I can't seem to get back up there again, probably out of my depth anyway at that level.

• Like 1

INFO DUMP

• Competitive Season 2 ends at the end of June. You'll be rewarded with a new rocket trail, depending on your rank. White for Prospect, Gold for Challenger, Blue for Star, and Purple Champion. Champion's also get a special title which is pretty nifty.
  • Season 3 at the start of July will see a full skill rating wipe for all players, which is pretty exciting. They haven't done that for a long time. They're also taking some measures to try and weed out smurfs (high level players playing lower ranked on an alt account) by not allowing 'family sharing' accounts on Steam (whatever they are) from playing Competitive, and stopping players from partying up when their skill level is too wide. You can play together if you're upto 6 tiers apart from your team mate/s, but no more than that.
  • Dying Light is the next game to have a flag and an antenna added as drops
  • 'Painted' and 'Certified' item drops - rarely you'll get an item drop for toppers and wheels (to start with) that are special colours. Certified items will 'level up' and change as you get more of the stat that item tracks. For example, Sniper Wizard Hat tracks Long Goals. After enough Long Goals it will become Incredible Sniper Wizard Hat.
  • 'Rare' and 'Very Rare' item drops are apparently inspired by the upcoming meta theme which is yet to be unveiled, and will include decals and rocket trails
  • As expected the Item Trade System is also incoming, where you can trade 5 duplicate items at one tier of rarity for a single item at the next tier of rarity. Player to player trades are coming in a future update.
  • The next DLC has been confirmed as the cars which will be available exclusively in the physical edition a few weeks before online - the Aftershock and Marauder from SARP. They include their own decals and the Aftershock looks awesome.
  • Away from the actual game, Psyonix and EPSN have organised a "Euro's" tournament with each of the top 24 ranked teams being allocated a nation, and then playing a tournament in the same format as the actual Euro's. Furthermore, the first live RL Championship Final's will take place in Hollywood.

The June update is going to be MEGA. Love the addition of all the item stuff which is almost taking on an MMO-esque system!

Edited by hogso

Been getting back into this recently, almost back in Challenger Elite again. 

And on the topic of demolitions, it's great fun IMO and I sometimes change my tactics if I've been playing too much and want to change it up a bit. 

I'm proud of my 5 exterminations in my stats :trollface:

• Like 1

The new rankings might be enough to get me back into it. Although it will involve deliberatley playing shite (yes, even shitter than usual!) to make sure I get a low ranking.

I think having a ranking that was too high for me was one of the main reasons this got shit.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Sooooooo.... you? ;)

It's not smurfed anymore as it's almost at star level too! :D

Edited by hogso

Â