Rocket League

hogso

I'm finding I'm actually getting better at it now.

Still prone to the odd balls up, but i am now back to the goldsquare with 1 line after i dropped into the silver circle thing when playing with randoms.

Still playing with randoms (some good, mostly bad) and have affected the game so much in my last 20 odd games I've pulled myself up the leagues.

Hope to get the a couple of lines (ranks whatever) better soon.

Still only like playing normal mode.

• Like 1

I'll still ply the odd game with friends and the VT lot. I've got mates coming to stay this weekend and I'll definitely be playing Rocket League with them. It'll still be great fun with them.

But playing ranked matches on my own? Nah. It's crap now. I very much doubt I'll be doing anymore of that.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

I don't care enough to play ranked matches on my own, but I absolutely love playing with my mates.

I had a pretty good doubles run last night where we started 1-2, but then went on a 8-1 run, and the game we lost we instantly got revenge on the same guys to the tune of a 5-0 spanking. We also had one game that went to about 4 minutes of overtime and we had several pretty amazing saves to stay in it.

My general play was really good last night but I couldn't for the life of me finish off my chances. Luckily my mate was absolutely on fire so I just played a good teammate role. Great fun.

• Like 1

And to think at one time we were all encouraging them on the Psyonix forum to go down the crowdfunding route just so we could get them the money they needed to make the thing. Goes to show that a great product marketed in the right way will find it's audience, and **** yeah it'll make money.

Couldn't be happier for them. In the SARP days you'd occasionally get to play with the devs, they'd organise matches or would just show up in unranked games, and they've always supported and I think genuinely loved their fanbase for giving their, franklly odd, little game a chance. I suppose they're a bit too busy planning upcoming changes for the game and whatnot to be as visible now, but that's only to be expected.

There have been rumours of a TV show, movie, and toys in the pipeline pretty much since it came out. I don't really endorse the idea of most other types of media, but toys, oh boy yes please. I'd love a little model Octane on my desk.

Although the fact they;re making so much money might finally curb my current policy of "buy every DLC as soon as it comes out because they deserve all my monies!!!!"

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Although the fact they;re making so much money might finally curb my current policy of "buy every DLC as soon as it comes out because they deserve all my monies!!!!"

It did occur to me too. I got it for free on PS plus but since then I've bought it for full price on Steam, and bought every DLC.

Considering the crazy amount of time I've sunk in it and that they keep adding fun new free content, with ice hockey, basketball, the crazy new map...I don't mind chucking them a few quid every now and then, maybe not every time though. :P 

• Like 1

I didn't get the NBA DLC cos it's just shitty flags that I'd never use. I have pre-ordered the physical collector's edition, though.

Â