Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

samjp26

We're ok without the ball i.e. we chase men down, hound the ball, tackle well etc.

But with it we're a mess.  We appear panicky and lacking quality. We just don't have the same movement to support each other when we're in posession.  Ever player seems one touch away from losing it.

El Ahmadi is a perfect example. He's got all the energy and tenacity in the world, but once he wins it, either his touch lets him down or he's got no options. 

Yet I think hes been the pick of our midfield. Bacuna and Sylla have looked really poor

Generally defended well but lapses cost us as usual. Steer and Bacuna impressive.

Really -? thought has been pretty dire. Plenty of effort - but his passing, and lack of vision just show what an enormous amount he has to learn at this level. Seems a senseless purchase to me.

We're ok without the ball i.e. we chase men down, hound the ball, tackle well etc.

But with it we're a mess.  We appear panicky and lacking quality. We just don't have the same movement to support each other when we're in posession.  Ever player seems one touch away from losing it.

El Ahmadi is a perfect example. He's got all the energy and tenacity in the world, but once he wins it, either his touch lets him down or he's got no options. 

Yet I think hes been the pick of our midfield. Bacuna and Sylla have looked really poor

I said it in the Sylla thread but I'll say it again, anyone who thinks Sylla is our saviour better think again, there's a reason Lambert hasn't been picking him and that's either because Lambert believes he's not yet ready or not good enough.

Generally defended well but lapses cost us as usual. Steer and Bacuna impressive.

Really -? thought has been pretty dire. Plenty of effort - but his passing, and lack of vision just show what an enormous amount he has to learn at this level. Seems a senseless purchase to me.

He played well Saturday but has been woeful today. As you say passing and lack of vision is quite glaring when he plays midfield

I think he's been poor too but looked good at RB on Sat.

Defended well i thought.. although our midfields lack of ability to hold onto the ball has put them under alot of pressure and has caused panic as the game went on. We could have done with a Kiyotake type player to create and hold the ball.

Most industrious of the midfield three. Goes without saying that the lack of quality on the ball from our enitre midfield is shocking though.