Best area of Villa Park to sit?

Voinjama

Apologies if there is a topic like this already, but I just could not find it. Fell free to merge.

Taking into account cost, view and atmosphere, where is the best place to sit at Villa Park. I plan on going to about 5 games this season and haven't been to the ground for a while. A good view of the players/pitch and the cost are a lot more important to me then atmosphere.

Thanks for your help.

Lower Holte, little bit to the side.

Good mix of view and atmosphere. If atmosphere is particularly important to you, then you shouldn't really look beyond the Holte or Lower North.

Echo this.

beware the leg room in the Lower North!

it was always upper Holte for me, then, with the onset of middle age I started edging towards the old man's stand (Trinity) - but my heart is in the Holte

Holte upper is the only place I've ever seen somebody put a whole pie in their mouth whilst negotiating concrete steps backwards watching the second half kick off!

The couple of times I've been over I've been mostly upper Holte but was lower Holte for the Bradford game, and the missus got us tickets for the Liverpool game at home last year and they were lower trinity not far from the dug out. My brief summary would be as follows:

Upper Holte - Best atmosphere, not the greatest view on other side of pitch.

Lower Holte - Not as good atmosphere, still good, better view.

Lower Trinity - No atmosphere, much better view of all things going on.

• Like 2

The couple of times I've been over I've been mostly upper Holte but was lower Holte for the Bradford game, and the missus got us tickets for the Liverpool game at home last year and they were lower trinity not far from the dug out. My brief summary would be as follows:

Yeah I had a feeling it would go something like this. And I would guess the lower Doug Ellis would be the same as the lower Trinity.

Yeah I had a feeling it would go something like this. And I would guess the lower Doug Ellis would be the same as the lower Trinity.

I sit Doug Ellis lower about 8 seats from the away fans. View is superb in my opinion. Good banter with the away fans and the atmosphere/noise from the Holte and North Stand lower is still loud enough to create a buzz!

It's obviously a lot easier to get better seating for cup games where we're at home against lower league opposition. Tonight, for example...

For £15 quid, I've got myself a cracking seat right on the half way line about 3/4 of the way up the Lower Witton Lane. I've sat here a few times before, I'd say it's the equivalent of sitting in the directors area (the Lower Trinity is a lot smaller than the Lower Witton).

Otherwise, the Lower North Stand is probably the best balance cost of atmosphere. It does have its downsides, though. The view is absolutely pants. I've got pretty good eyesight but I still find it hard to see exactly what's going on at the other end of the pitch. You can't really complain when you're paying around £20 to watch a Premier League game, however.

I've sat in a few 'restricted view' seats in the Lower Trinity in the past, the view wasn't very restricted at all, apart from the dugout getting in the way but that was nothing major.

Whenever I go I always sit in the Doug, as close the the middle as possible about half/threequarters the way up. Obviously the atmosphere isn't as good as it is the the Holte but i'm not fussed as the view is excellent for both halves.

But if you are at the top of the lower North stand surely you can see everything.

Anyway for the Cardiff game in October I will try and get tickets for the lower holte slightly to the left or right so the goal is not blocking my view, or trinity road, slightly to the right or left so the dug outs don't get in the way.

Edited by Voinjama

I sit at L3, row CC and the view is outstanding. L2, L3, L5 or L6 would be good and anything above like row R.

Also regarding your question, the general view in the lower holte is better because the stand goes higher. I'm not sure how many rows the lower north is as I've never sat in there but it seems that it only has around 15-20 at most.

beware the leg room in the Lower North!

it was always upper Holte for me, then, with the onset of middle age I started edging towards the old man's stand (Trinity) - but my heart is in the Holte

Holte upper is the only place I've ever seen somebody put a whole pie in their mouth whilst negotiating concrete steps backwards watching the second half kick off!

Holte lower about 6 years ago. I seen someone behind me with a tin foil take away tray. He had and Indian Curry with a naan. **** knows how he got it in.

• Like 2

Not following any of these people who are saying Lower Holte is better for the view than the Upper, Iv had season tickets in both and you couldn't be more wrong IMO. Suppose it depends on exactly where you are in the lower, I sat about halfway back but couldn't judge anything that was going on down the other end of the pitch. Upper Holte you can see everything down both ends plus atmosphere is the best.

For tonights game im actually sat in the Trinity because I just want to watch the game and the crowds at these early cup games are poor anyway.

Â