Best area of Villa Park to sit?

Voinjama

Leg room is crap in Lower North, BUT...this season they have taken out the row of seats that never gets used (Row A) and moved the barrier back, making more room to get out after. The bonus for me is Row B now has lots more leg room. Result! So front row of Lower North is good, and no clearing in the woods gets in your way if you can't be arsed to stand up

Not following any of these people who are saying Lower Holte is better for the view than the Upper, Iv had season tickets in both and you couldn't be more wrong IMO. Suppose it depends on exactly where you are in the lower, I sat about halfway back but couldn't judge anything that was going on down the other end of the pitch. Upper Holte you can see everything down both ends plus atmosphere is the best.

For tonights game im actually sat in the Trinity because I just want to watch the game and the crowds at these early cup games are poor anyway.

I'm surprised you say that. I sat in the Holte Lower for the Fulham game in 2001 when Saha missed the penalty, and I could quite easily see the other side of the pitch.  Also when you are in the Holte End upper, the player's look so small because you are so high up and far away.

Everyone will think their seat is the best. So.......

Upper Holte.

K7 to be precise. Good view, costs less than K6-K4 and you get the atmosphere without being amongst the rabble ;)

• Like 1

Yep lower Trinity or lower holte for me. Not bad prices too. £33 for lower holte is not too bad by today's inflated prices.

Everyone will think their seat is the best. So.......

Upper Holte.

K7 to be precise. Good view, costs less than K6-K4 and you get the atmosphere without being amongst the rabble ;)

I agree, people will tend to think they sit in the best place. I sat in K7 for my first ever Villa game.

I changed from North Stand Lower to Lower Holte this year for the extra comfort whilst maintaining some atmosphere and improving my view.

North Stand is great though, the lack of leg room doesn't matter because you get away with standing all game :)

Leg room is crap in Lower North, BUT...this season they have taken out the row of seats that never gets used (Row A) and moved the barrier back, making more room to get out after. The bonus for me is Row B now has lots more leg room. Result! So front row of Lower North is good, and no clearing in the woods gets in your way if you can't be arsed to stand up

Thats interesting. I presume the offical capacity at Villa Park is a bit lower then? For atmosphere and good leg room I would say Upper Holte. Lower North is not bad for atmosphere but leg room is a bit tight and you are quite near the pitch. Personally the best ever seats I have had at Villa is at Doug Ellis lower, at the back near the halfway line. Perfick.

Thats interesting. I presume the offical capacity at Villa Park is a bit lower then? For atmosphere and good leg room I would say Upper Holte. Lower North is not bad for atmosphere but leg room is a bit tight and you are quite near the pitch. Personally the best ever seats I have had at Villa is at Doug Ellis lower, at the back near the halfway line. Perfick.

Doug Ellis Lower on the halfway line at the back is where i sit-i can confirm you are correct, imo they are the best seats :D

Sat in trinity stand a few times last season I think it was b2 which is near to the Holte, the view was amazing but I'm sure the ST is 590 there so a pointless answer for you.

My ST is lower Holte probably 3/4 up the stand in L7 the view and atmos is good, but IMHO I wouldn't go any lower, we relocated for the Liverpool game I think we was about 8 rows back, the view for the other side of the pitch wasn't great i had to keep looking at the screen.

L3, Lower North.

Cons: Lack of legroom, the stand itself looks crap and could do with a massive refurb.

Pros: You can stand all game, close to the away fans so generally more atmosphere and reaction than the other stands, it's the cheapest area of the ground, and it's a good atmosphere.

I sit about a stones throw from Rob too..

Best view I've ever had at VP was smack bang on the half way line, 2nd row of the Upper Doug. It was dead though. Then again, it was for Hereford in the Cup a few seasons back.

I've taken people with me a few times and used the Trinity as a safe bet as I haven't known how they'd feel about being 'entertained' in the Holte.

At times, you could hear people tutting! It's back to K7 for my couple of pre christmas visits.

L3, Lower North.

Cons: Lack of legroom, the stand itself looks crap and could do with a massive refurb.

Pros: You can stand all game, close to the away fans so generally more atmosphere and reaction than the other stands, it's the cheapest area of the ground, and it's a good atmosphere.

I sit about a stones throw from Rob too..

R3?

What do you choose to throw at it him?

My season ticket is K1 upper Holte, great overview of the pitch and you can see the shape of teams across the whole pitch. Good atmosphere as well.

Tonight sat in C1 lower trinity in corner by Holte and corner flag. Obviously closer to action and can see more intricate control flicks etc, but harder to see how teams line up and also what is going on at opposite end. Less atmosphere and more snide comments about players performance.

Doug Ellis stand does give you an amazing view, but then again so does the Trinity Road Stand, it is the same just on the other side. Correct me if I'm wrong.

The upper middle Trinity on the half way line is where club officials/staff/etc sit so unless you're willing to go a bit higher/lower then the Doug is your best bet.

Â