AndyClarke

question though, ive noticed that a majority of prem clubs players dont have profile pictures, yet alot of lower league dross like small heathean players do, why is this?

Expensive licenses, I guess. You can download fan made packs for club & competition logos, player pics and stadium backgrounds all over the place if that is your thing.

Ps! I highly recommend OLT Expanded Hair Pack to get more variety amonst the regens. Link to thread

Edited by tarjei

I am playing in Mexico because there are only 15 teams and the cup is in 2 group stages ( like the champions league ) so there is always something to play for to keep the interest up.

How do you guys play in England,Italy, Spain etc where there is a 38 game season and when you have nothing left to play for but still 12/15 games to go ? what do you do ? go on holiday or what ? 

I would like to manage Villa ( I have tried it ) but as I said, im 12th out of both cups and still have 15 games to go ?! 

Whenever I see an update on this thread I'm hoping it's someone saying there's going to be an update and that the ME is fixed. As regards with Villa, maybe tinker with a few tactics and see what really clicks before the next season? Identify your areas of weakness and do some thorough scouting.

I must admit I am not very good at scouting.

What I normally do is hire German, French and English scouts in my first season at Villa to find bargains. Then when the club reputation gets better, hire better scouts that can judge players better. Look at their reports and you can normally find some decent players with affordable fee's. Plus check out teams in Brazil and Argentina, some players have a release clause that'll cost peanuts. Also very good young players in their reserve/u21 teams. Hope that helps.

Here's something to do in the closing stages of the season:

----------------------------------------
22rd February
Russia

23rd February
Albania, Cyprus, Estonia, FYR Macedonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Moldova, Montenegro

26th February
Mexico

8th March
Croatia, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Israel, N. Ireland, Scotland, Switzerland, Turkey, Wales

13th March
Austria, England

14th March
Chile

15th March
Ukraine

17th March
Slovakia

18th March
 Belgium , Czech Rep ublic, Denmark, Italy , Poland, Portugal 

19th March
Bulgaria, Romania, Slovenia, Uruguay

25th March
Holland

28th March
Serbia, Spain

2nd April
Argentina, South Africa
-----------------------------------------

That's the regen dates for the countries. I've highligted the countries where I've gotten most of my talents. So on those dates the clubs in the respective nations get's their youth intakes. So find a top club in the nation and go to club screen -> transfers -> rolldown menu 'Youth'. Click on one and press 'CTRL' + 'A' to select all and scout them. Then just press the down button at the top and continue until you've scouted all clubs.

You have to be quick though. For 4-5 days you have the chance of getting them on the cheap (usually around £500k-£1m), but depending on how many players come through and how many scouts you have, the scout reports will take some time.

If you offer the players roughly double what they ask for you'll get the feedback "I'm very happy with that deal", and they'll instantly agree to the deal without considering the offer from their own club.

Edited by tarjei
  • Like 3

22rd February

Russia

23rd February

Albania, Cyprus, Estonia, FYR Macedonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Moldova, Montenegro

26th February

Mexico

8th March

Croatia, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Israel, N. Ireland, Scotland, Switzerland, Turkey, Wales

13th March

Austria, England

14th March

Chile

15th March

Ukraine

17th March

Slovakia

18th March

19th March

25th March

Holland

28th March

Serbia, Spain

2nd April

Argentina, South Africa

That's the regen dates for the countries. I've highligted the countries where I've gotten most of my talents. So on those dates the clubs in the respective nations get's their youth intakes. So find a top club in the nation and go to club screen -> transfers -> rolldown menu 'Youth'. Click on one and press 'CTRL' + 'A' to select all and scout them. Then just press the down button at the top and continue until you've scouted all clubs.

You have to be quick though. For 4-5 days you have the chance of getting them on the cheap (usually around £500k-£1m), but depending on how many players come through and how many scouts you have, the scout reports will take some time.

If you offer the players roughly double what they ask for you'll get the feedback "I'm very happy with that deal", and they'll instantly agree to the deal without considering the offer from their own club.

Clever. But to me this is just taking advantage of a weakness in the game. Must take some enjoyment out of it if you can vacuum the whole game of Ronaldoesque regens and put them into your team?

I can see why it would for some.. definitely.

My perspective is a bit different though. First of all, it's within the game mechanics and I'm a gamey sort of player. I won't cheat cos it's just ruins my enjoyment of the game, but I'll happily empty whatever goldmine I find. I mean, it's the same with many tactics. Not all of couse, but the scenario I go through with every version of FM is to start of with the basics, and then keep on changing it until I find something that is very good consistently - and then I stick with that. It's definitely exploiting a weakness with the AI and/or the ME, but I'm not gonna stop using it for that reason.

Secondly, what I get most enjoyment from in the game is developing the players and the squad, both in personality and attributes, and then seeing them rack up the numbers, break apps, goal records and such. The higher quality and the younger they are, the better is the chance that I'll have some kid enter the first team at 16-17, and end up a club legend many years later.

And also, it's not like I vacuum every young talent. I pick whoever I think will fit and become good enough, but I rarely ever have more than a 20 man squad + 25 youths. I have a database with over 100k players, and it's not like I find every good talent or that the scouts are always 100% correct. It's effective in getting them cheap, but you're not guaranteed to get the best. I.e. players from the big clubs and premier league clubs hardly ever wants to negotiate until they turn 18 or so.

Edited by tarjei

If I do the fix to unlock the Germany national team (by deleting some file) will that work in my current game, or will I have to restart?

You always had to restart, on older versions anyway, it used to annoy me when I forgot to go it on a new game using an updated DB or something, and they'd be all those greyed out mothers. Assume it is still the same on current versions, as if you load a DB, and play with it, you can only change it with an editor.

• Like 1

22rd February

Russia

23rd February

26th February

Mexico

8th March

13th March

Austria, England

14th March

Chile

15th March

Ukraine

17th March

Slovakia

18th March

19th March

25th March

Holland

28th March

Serbia, Spain

2nd April

Argentina, South Africa

This could be absolutely brilliant! Could you just explain the "CTRL + A" thing though, I dont get it?! Sorry!

Thanks guys for the tips, I will try all of them.I must say that I have never ever used scouts ( except to report on the next fixture ) cause I just type in what I am looking for in the player search boxes.

I have found that more fitness coaches = players that do actually keep fit longer.

22rd February

Russia

23rd February

26th February

Mexico

8th March

13th March

Austria, England

14th March

Chile

15th March

Ukraine

17th March

Slovakia

18th March

19th March

25th March

Holland

28th March

Serbia, Spain

2nd April

Argentina, South Africa

This could be absolutely brilliant! Could you just explain the "CTRL + A" thing though, I dont get it?! Sorry!

CTRL + A is a shortcut to select all.

Tottenham relegated, excellent!

2yy8bhf.jpg

Rovers 6th?! wtf kind of drugs is your FM on?

Surely the more drug fuelled element of that season is Villa hit the back of the net 125 times?! Would take real life Villa roughly 17 seasons to accrue that many goals.

Â