AndyClarke

Are 4-2-3-1s able to be used effectively on this now? I know they were ineffective when the game came out, but has that changed with the update? Or am I better off pushing the wingers back and playing a 4-4-1-1?

I'm about to start the third season with roma and I have the personnel now to play that type of formation, with 2 deeper midfielders two wingers a #10 and an advanced forward, but I'm trying to figure out how to correctly set it up.

There's a few on the forums that got it working well, but I think it's one of the trickiest ones to get working. If you have too many attacking roles and don't get closing down and d-line absolutely spot on a single AMC can rip you apart. The safer route is to go for a 451/433 with a DMC.

I'm still using my 4312, but I usually swith to a diamond with a DMC when I'm up against a decent team or a team that's using an AMC.

If you play a 4-2-3-1, always have 2 DMs or you'll get shredded. Usually go with an anchor man with a deep lying playmaker/regista, then two complete full backs and two inside forwards on support.

Anyone played without a striker on this? Did it with my Yeovil side who were no better than a solid midtable side and ended up winning the Europa League with it...

Edited by Milfner

By the way, thanks for all the responses, I'll probably end up doing what Daniel said, my only issue is I don't have many natural dms so I'll have some growing pains while my cms retrain. My 4-2-3-1 has been really good in preseason against weaker sides, but as you all say, I'll probably get shredded against better sides.

This roma save has been awesome so far though, first really fun save I've had.

Edited by Rovers13

I have two formations, one for home and one for away. Both formations are setup the same, but the shouts are roles are slightly different.

For the home games i set one of the CDM's to Regista and these are the shouts.

5d549.jpg

For away games i set one of the CDM's to Deep-Lying playmaker and his role is set to defend. These are the shouts.

295qq8m.jpg

Basically all i change is the "be more expressive" to "be more disciplined" and "much higher defensive line" to "push higher up"

I find that winning away games are much harder this year. Winning away at teams like Man U or City are almost impossible. Home games, i turn most teams over, lose about 1 and draw about 2 at home each season.

Edited by Daniel
  • Like 1

Doing the unemployment challenge. Holiday'd the first season and took the Woking job after they were relegated. Went up through the playoffs (came 4th in the league) and now am somehow selling a LB for 500k to PL clubs. Can't wait for the money.

First time i've seen a tycoon takeover on this years FM. Of all teams why Chelsea? Would rather some lower league team got it so it would mix things up abit.

seaao2.jpg

First time i've seen a tycoon takeover on this years FM. Of all teams why Chelsea? Would rather some lower league team got it so it would mix things up abit.

seaao2.jpg

I had that happen on my Forest Green game too, in 2021/22. The special one is still in charge and two years later they beat me to the league title with 2 pts. My third 2nd place in the last four seasons :(

Leeds also got a tycoon, Villa got a consortium (and then got relegated), but on the bright side Liverpool just dropped down to the Championship

Started an FM classic, ready for the Vita version. Have played three games (Palace, Arsenal, Millwall) and have lost Delph, Westwood, KEA, Sylla and Gardner to substantial injuries. Yes I know people can say it is like real life, but it feels like they want me to purchase the magic sponge tool as it keeps flashing up!

The finishing of clear cut chances really is unrealistically bad in this. Breakaways get scored frequently in real life.

Yeah I've noticed that, my players hardly ever score one on ones with the keeper.

• Like 1

Started up an Unemployment challenge a few weeks ago as I always like the challenge of building myself up from the bottom and I've done quite well do far, my career currently looks like this (Only in 4th season):

Welling United - 2013-2014

Took over Early September

Skrill Premier Winners - 2014

Resigned after 3 games into 2014/15 season due to inevitable relegation, aka Jumped ship.

Rotherham United - 2014-2016

Took over late December

League 1 Runner's Up - 2016

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - 2016

Newcastle United - 2016-Present

Joined from Rotherham in October

Currently sitting 5th in the Championship with 15 games to go and have only lost 3 times in my 21 games in charge

Not quite a glittering career so far, but I'm really enjoying this league now, and I think I can go up with Newcastle to hopefully grace the Premier League with my presence. Hopefully I can get my first major trophy in the next few years, and then onto that #1 spot in the Hall of Fame!

My greatest achievement so far has been signing a 16 year old off of Torquay for £1.5m at Rotherham who became the best player in my promotion season ripping the league to shreds and was sold to Man Utd for £5.5m (with Loan Back and clauses) the following summer, that was until he opened the scoring against me when I played Rotherham away with Newcastle  :rant:

• Like 1

Started up an Unemployment challenge a few weeks ago as I always like the challenge of building myself up from the bottom and I've done quite well do far, my career currently looks like this (Only in 4th season):

Welling United - 2013-2014

Took over Early September

Skrill Premier Winners - 2014

Resigned after 3 games into 2014/15 season due to inevitable relegation, aka Jumped ship.

Rotherham United - 2014-2016

Took over late December

League 1 Runner's Up - 2016

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - 2016

Newcastle United - 2016-Present

Joined from Rotherham in October

Currently sitting 5th in the Championship with 15 games to go and have only lost 3 times in my 21 games in charge

Not quite a glittering career so far, but I'm really enjoying this league now, and I think I can go up with Newcastle to hopefully grace the Premier League with my presence. Hopefully I can get my first major trophy in the next few years, and then onto that #1 spot in the Hall of Fame!

My greatest achievement so far has been signing a 16 year old off of Torquay for £1.5m at Rotherham who became the best player in my promotion season ripping the league to shreds and was sold to Man Utd for £5.5m (with Loan Back and clauses) the following summer, that was until he opened the scoring against me when I played Rotherham away with Newcastle  :rant:

From Skrill to Newcastle United in 3 years. I tip my hat to you sir

FMC14 is pretty awesome, it can be fiddly and with too many leagues it can be slow, but it has all the enjoyable aspects of the PC game. 

Syncing is quite easy to do - takes about 5 mins from saving on the PC, to it appearing on the cloud - but that isn't a big problem.

It really is FMC from the PC on a handheld and it is very enjoyable. The only thing I have a problem with is the match day engine, it looks a little too small on the screen.

Still convinced there are more injuries on this though, 3 friendly games into my new Portsmouth save and I have lost 4 of my 5 midfielders, two strikers, my left back and a keeper. It still keeps asking me to buy the magic sponge..

So, as I said I got a lot of injuries in my Villa FMC. I am in August with Portsmouth and have 9 first team players with injuries between 5-6 weeks and two months. I've seen other people question it too, asking if it is about making money from add ons.

Â