AndyClarke

Ressurected my Dagenham save. Safely mid-lower table first season in the Championship. Still limited to 2200 each game because 4000 of it is terracing and it's not permitted to be used in the Championship. Of course the board won't convert it to seating either. Absolutely pissing money right now. 

Finished midtable in my first season in the Championship. Sold about £13m worth of players (and spent about 500k) in hope that I can expand the stadium. It's still greyed out on the Talk to Board screen. **** sake

Junior Coaching = Current Ability of players entering the team

Youth Network = Potential Ability of youth players coming through

Youth facilities = Quality of training for players in the U-team

But there's still a big factor of randomness to it. If you are lucky you might get 1 or 2 that will potentially be good enough for the 1st team and occasionally the odd world class prospect, but if you want yo rely on youth players you should try and snap up youngsters from other clubs.

The day the regens come through, all other enligsh clubs also get regens and you have about a week to sign them on a tribunal or cheap fees, so scout the regens at the clubs with good academy's and networking at that time. Clubs like Crewe, Middlesboro, Swansea, etc, might get great talent through that would be willing to join other clubs. The talents from top clubs might be harder to get.

If you wanna get serious about it you should do the same for other nations that have a high chance of producing young talents like Croatia, Argentina, Brazil, Spain, Holland, etc. You'll find they are very cheap there. They all have different regen dates though.

Add to that the youth coaches personalities and Preferred player moves rub on to the players coming through, so when you look for a youth coach, aside from good coaching and high level in determination, discipline and motivation, you should also look for personalities like model pro, driven, etc.

I don't know how much you know about player development, but basically a player's development towards his potential ability is very much tied to his professionalism and his ambition. These values are hidden, but can be derived from his personality and influenced through tutoring. A players with low levels in those might not improve much, whereas a player with the right values might be a star long before he's 20.

Last but not least a player's development is also tied to the number and quality of first team game time he gets.

I might be wrong but I have the impression that certain levels only let's a player improve quickly by so much, before it slows down.

In example: Highest level U-18 football/League one will allow him up to around 110 CA, Championship around 125 CA. They still improve, but very slowly compared to what they would do in the first team. 

If you get a supserstar through and want the best development for him he should ideally be in your setup all the way through, no loans and with great facilities, coaching and good tutors. He should get sub apperances from at 16, starts and a rotation member at around 17-18. At that point you need to give him games every week to get him above 150-160 CA.

Really appreciate the heads up on this mate, will give it a go this week.

Just gone back to my Villa save. Won the Champions League. Got lucky on the way there scoring in the 93rd minute against Inter to go to the Final on away goals.

f3wf7m.jpg

Also have a save with Bayern, not the hardest team to manage, but i pulled one of the best regens i've ever seen come though my youth set up. Already won world player of the year two times.

30w48s4.jpg

• Like 1

He's quite something.. He would even be a top class right back!

I just had this happen

oyHOZzb.png

WTF!!

Just came in here to ask if anyone had come across the April Fools Easter Egg, and here it is :)

Never got it myself thankfully, I never seem to be around that point in the season at this time of year. Never got the birthday one either :(

Managing to fight for the CL spots with York now (almost in 2030, still no stadium) sold off all my slow technically good players for quick, hard tackling types and it's working wonders. I play absolutely awful football though. Last 5 games I've scored 7 conceded 1 :lol:

Managing to fight for the CL spots with York now (almost in 2030, still no stadium) sold off all my slow technically good players for quick, hard tackling types and it's working wonders. I play absolutely awful football though. Last 5 games I've scored 7 conceded 1 :lol:

Lambert out

• Like 1

Are 4-2-3-1s able to be used effectively on this now? I know they were ineffective when the game came out, but has that changed with the update? Or am I better off pushing the wingers back and playing a 4-4-1-1?

I'm about to start the third season with roma and I have the personnel now to play that type of formation, with 2 deeper midfielders two wingers a #10 and an advanced forward, but I'm trying to figure out how to correctly set it up.

Damnit I thought that message was real when I got it haha. Playing as roma, the money for the stadium would've been useful as well.

Do you need a new stadium with Roma? Don't they have like a 70000 all seater?

Yeah you're right, it's not a desperate situation. I just hate the olimpico, and since they're building a new one in real life, I want to get one built in the game.

Â