Match thread

Phumfeinz

Did lambert say the starting Line up will be what he wants at arsenal or will it be mixed up like the other pre season matches?

He said he had an idea of what the team starting at Arsenal would be but he wouldn't guarantee it would be playing at Malaga. Pretty standard non committal football manager response really. 

if they'd have kept and played isco then id have gone, not really anyone in their team who I want to see tbh

Interesting. I don't think I've ever considered who's in the other team. I just go to see the Villa. 

• Like 4

Is it £2 on every ticket of just a booking fee still?

Just a fee on the whole transaction, still a bit of a pisstake but obviously not quite as bad if bulk buying.

Thing is how many of us  'bulk buy'? I think this could really knock a few hundreds of the attendances this year. That few quid might be enough to persuade people to stay at home. I think it will affect the walk up  on the day of home matches.

if they'd have kept and played isco then id have gone, not really anyone in their team who I want to see tbh

Interesting. I don't think I've ever considered who's in the other team. I just go to see the Villa. 

away pre season I don't, I look to see if ive been to the ground before and how good it was, home preseason friendly then yeah I look who the opposition will be and who they will bring, iirc inter put out a good team, Valencia didn't (although they did play feghouli who I wanted to see) and it was a rubbish game

doesn't bother me in league games and whatavyou but I like seeing new and different players in the flesh, like I said if isco was still there then I definitely be going

Though you'd probably want to be jigging the midfield around a bit. Westwood and Delph infront of Sylla is the exact opposite of how we played during the closing stages of last season. It's more likely to be Westwood sitting, with Sylla and Delph box to box.

I am splitting hairs though.

Though you'd probably want to be jigging the midfield around a bit. Westwood and Delph infront of Sylla is the exact opposite of how we played during the closing stages of last season. It's more likely to be Westwood sitting, with Sylla and Delph box to box.

It's how we've been playing in pre-season though. Sylla has played as an anchoring midfielder, right in front of our defence. The 'attacking version' of our tactic has Sylla replaced with Helenius, who plays just behind Benteke.

I assume we'll be switching between these options dependent on who we face, my guess for Malaga is that we'll play half the match defensively and half the match offensively. 

Edited by samjp26

It's how we've been playing in pre-season though. Sylla has played as an anchoring midfielder, right in front of our defence. The attacking 'version' has Sylla replaced with Helenius, who plays just behind Benteke.

I assume we'll be switching between these options dependent on who we face, my guess for Malaga is that we'll play half the match defensively and half the match offensively. 

Fair enough, I've not seen any of our pre-season games so I will take your word for it.

Woodward described Sylla as a hoover, which I guess is the best way to describe what he has been doing: sitting in front of our defenders cleaning up any stray balls and giving them to the other two midfielders.

When we're being attacked he continues to be the strong, athletic presence that we saw towards the end of last season, he just seems to be better positioned. 

Â