The complete and utter chants thread

Pricey_1984

• 1 month later...

Listening to Spotify radio and this came to me from Rotterdam - The Beautiful South, just in time for our visit to OT...

This could be Rotterdam in '82, Liverpool or Rome,

Cos Villa can win anywhere, when we're away from home!

Nice little nod to our finest hour which we don't celebrate enough in my opinion, and it's factual given our shocking home vs. away performances!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely missing a golden opportunity if we don't sing this tomorrow;

There were 10 bottles of beer standing on the bar,

10 bottles of beer standing on the bar,

And if Barry Bannan decides to drive his car...

(We're AV, we're taking thy p!ss)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMovYqJwUpE

Simple yet effective.

If we did that I am done. Its awful.

It would be cool if we couldn't understand the words. 

Good god no!  I had to endure this at the world cup.  It single handedly made me want the US to get knocked out.

no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no 

we would become the joke of the league

Aly Cissokho's song @ Stoke = Heartbeat, absolutely love it said that would be a cracking tune to chant for years, although biggest song of the day was obviously "We're gonna win the league" (pre and post match!)

• 1 month later...

Sali Salifou

is still the greatest chant we ever came up with in my time at avfc (post '95)

Because it was completely and utterly original, not doctored from another football song from another club. 

Edited by kidlewis

oh crap really?

well that crushes that chant then.

I thought we actually came up with something original...

Haha yep, having mates that support virtually each and every team in the league has naturally led to us chanting at each other throughout the years, giving us a great insight of just how many songs are recycled/stolen as they go in and iut of fashion, but most interestingly as players are bought the chant very likely seems part of the deal!

Sadly, we're just the norm when it comes to originality, however at least we have had the odd-one recently e.g. Gabby's Culture Club rendition, Aye Aye - Ashley Young and My Lord (which, poignantly, since has been used by Blackburn, Stoke and most annoyingly working in Manchester I have to hear "Sheikh Mansour, my Lord" on a weekly basis)

Would love to start some new, inventive & original songs just never going to happen at home, unless we had a similar set-up to United in the Bishop's Blaze whereby they'll regularly have sessions before games with song sheets printed - still requires people to turn up and join in though which I won't hold my breath with for the Villa

As Roy's such a fan of the song Dancing Queen ( in his autobiography he refers to it being played in Sunderland's dressing room), and it rhymes with his name surely room for some sort of song? Annoyingly not that easy to chant:

Could be something along the lines of

"Roy Roy Keane, big and mean, Villas wrecking machine"...

Edited by Gabby0878

Â