The complete and utter chants thread

Pricey_1984

Almost 4k posts on here. I bet the crowd have yet to sing any of them

I wish we could change that tbh. Bring back the days when we had more variety and better quality songs.  I’ll probably get slaughtered for this, but to me there are too many pithy chants that are no more than one or two lines. They’re done and finished before they get going.  We need more proper songs!  Songs like 'Yippi Aye Eh, Yippi Aye Oh' are OK but lets be honest the short version hardly rivals a rendition of YNWA does it?  Isn’t about time the Villa faithful created some new rousing songs that build and create real lasting noise?  It seems these days everyone wants to go for the most basic chants - the simpler the better!  But why don't we have any songs with a couple of clever versus anymore?  Longer songs mean more singing, more noise and that creates a better atmosphere.  There are probably some great options in this thread but if no one picks them up and gets them going we’ll just get more of the same old crap two-liners.  Just my opinion but it frustrates me when hear some of the guff these days.

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 1

if there isn't a collective tune for all our Jordans I'll be sorely disappointed ^^. 

We all dream of a team of Jordans… A team of Jordans   :D

Could be a tune to write some words to

Edited by Gary Thomas

if there isn't a collective tune for all our Jordans I'll be sorely disappointed ^^.

Kozák chant….

Jordan, Jorda Jordan, Jorda Jordan, Jorda Jordan Vertout!

Jordan, Jorda Jordan, Jorda Jordan, Jorda Jordan Jordan Ayew!

Jordan, Jorda Jordan, Jorda Jordan, Jorda Jordan Jordan Amavi

Vertout is pronounced like beer-tout with a v. so it would work

No?  Ok I'm off.

Edited by Gary Thomas

There is one to be made for Amavi to the tune of Let It Be.

To let it be….

Amavi Amavi Amavi Amavi

He's a top Defender

Amavi Amavi

Amavi Amavi Amavi Amavi

He’s a true holte ender

Amavi Amavi

No, OK...I'm off again

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 2

Jordan Veretout... (pronounced too)

to Jordan Ayew.  (pronounced yoo)

Jordan Amavi .... (prounced vee)

Were Jordan FC!

Obviously dependant on signing veretout!

We've three Jordans in claret and blue

They're called Amavi, ayew and veretout

They came to villa

Making us winners

How many jordans have you?

To we three kings

• Like 1

Maybe we need our own version of Allez Allez Allez Oh to make the new contingent feel at home, regardless of Everton using it we have a better reason!

Allez Allez Allez Oh

Allez Allez Allez Oh

Aaaaayyyyyeeeee ooooohhhhh

Aaaaayyyyyeeeee ooooohhhhh

The pride of Birmingham

The Midlands number 1

AVFC

Claret and Blue Army......

• Like 1

Jordan Veretout... (pronounced too)

to Jordan Ayew.  (pronounced yoo)

Jordan Amavi .... (prounced vee)

Were Jordan FC!

Picking up on your idea.....Que Sera, Sera tune

Jordan Amavi , AVi

He passes to Jordan Veretout

A goal by Jordan Ayew

Jordan AVFC

Edited by Gary Thomas

OK, serious question.  There are absolutely loads of chants suggested on Villa Talk, some crap but some very good.  Yet they are rarely picked-up and sang at games.  Now assuming we want more songs at VP how do we change this?  Is it possible to do anything about it or are we doomed to sing Yippi Aye Eh and not much else?  I really think increasing the repertoire of songs would really help the atmosphere so I think this is an important question for Villa supporters.    

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 1

OK, serious question.  There are absolutely loads of chants suggested on Villa Talk, some crap but some very good.  Yet they are rarely picked-up and sang at games.  Now assuming we want more songs at VP how do we change this?  Is it possible to do anything about it or are we doomed to sing Yippi Aye Eh and not much else?  I really think increasing the repertoire of songs would really help the atmosphere so I think this is an important question for Villa supporters.    

As much as I hate the club and their fans with a passion, Man Ure do have and come up with good songs. I'm sure I've heard their supporters clubs have meets and hand out song sheets so the word gets about.

I think there are three things that have to work for a song to catch.....

First, people have to agree on it!  There are so many options and opinions about what is good or bad it is hard to settle on one song!  Some sort of voting system would be useful where we agree to vote on options and agree to support the winners.

Second, quite a few people need to learn the words and know the songs.  Like you mention, maybe song sheets could be distributed or maybe we could share songs via social media to get the word out.

Third, you need people to actually support and sing the songs at the match to get them started!  I tend to sit in the Trinity and I doubt a new song would take off from there.  It would have to start in the Holte (or at an away game) in one of the louder sections that tend to lead chants.  The only way new songs will take off is if people in those groups support them and sing them!  Maybe there are Villa talk members who sit in those groups who could help get some new songs going???? 

One for Tim (and all you Herman's Hermits fans).

Woke up this morning feeling fine,

Had something special on my mind,

The Villa's winning again, cos of Tim Sherwood, (oh yeah)

Something tells me I'm into something good.

Sex bomb came on the radio earlier and providing th e player is still here it could possibly  work it goes

N'zog 

N'zog                                            

Charlie n'zog 

Your are super sub when we need to bring you on

N'zog

Nzog

Charlie nzog

And maybe tim will sub u on

Here's one to ponder.

From Guzan to Amavi....

Now Gueye to Veretout.....

he passes the ball to Carles Giiiillll...

Who sets up Jordan Ayew....Aayeeww

Miles out!

Braaaaaaad Guzan, he rolls the ball to Clarky,

Clarky on to Amavi and on to Jacky Grealish,

Jacky Grealish down the wing like a torpedo,

Puts the ball in the aiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiir...

To afro headed Rudy...

• Like 1

Â