Belgian Football talents

Belgian guy

IF they can play together as a team, then they should be looking at the quarter finals of the WC as a minimum achievement. That's quite a big if though, and several key players such as Azzarrrrr are known to under-perform when it comes to the international stage.

IF they can play together as a team, then they should be looking at the quarter finals of the WC as a minimum achievement. That's quite a big if though, and several key players such as Azzarrrrr are known to under-perform when it comes to the international stage.

Hazard is getting better and better at our national squad it is true he had some difficulties to forfill our great expectations but he is now performing good for us but our keyplayer is kevin de bruyne he is atm one of our best player in the national squad.

Hazard is getting better and better at our national squad it is true he had some difficulties to forfill our great expectations but he is now performing good for us but our keyplayer is kevin de bruyne he is atm one of our best player in the national squad.

That's good to hear.

With most of us being both England and Villa fans, we'll be needing someone else to support after the first week of the World Cup next year. With our star striker upfront, I think Belgium could be a prime candidate.

• Like 1

As I have previously said on other topics, I think player for player this is the 3rd best side in Europe, now it's just whether these top quality players can put it together as a team. People have been talking about Belgium and this crop of players for about 3 years now - Brazil will be the time for them to deliver.

Edited by Voinjama

^^^I'd probably agree, but only for first XI as opposed to a whole squad.

That's where the top teams like Spain and Germany will have the advantage.

On paper, Belgium's first 11 can compete with anyone. But a few injuries here and there and it doesn't look half as good (although still good, tbf)

People have been talking about Belgium and this crop of players for about 3 years now - Brazil will be the time for them to deliver.

They've only just become senior players. People were talking about them because they were waiting for them to come through. Now they are here and this is their first major tournament. I think even if they don't fully deliver, they still have the next world cup and the intervening European Championships to deliver in. Most of them are very young.

On paper, Belgium's first 11 can compete with anyone. But a few injuries here and there and it doesn't look half as good (although still good, tbf)

indeed but we don't have as many ppl to choose off we only have 10million population we need to do it with the players we got. =(

indeed but we don't have as many ppl to choose off we only have 10million population we need to do it with the players we got. =(

Oh I'm not knocking the team. it's a great achievement for a country of Belgium's size to have even half those players, let alone the amount they do.

I'd love to see them do well at the World Cup

Oh I agree BOF they are young and this generation of player's will go all the way through to the world cup in Russia 2018 and maybe even beyond that. But I remember at the start of the Euro 2012 qualifiers people were predicting them to get playoffs behind Germany in their group even with their young squad. They finished third.

Belgium are overrated

Couldn't even qualify for Euro 2012.

they did have germany and turkey in their group...

currently top in their group with serbia and croatia, they arent overrated at all, id have them in the 2nd tier of european teams, italy, germany, spain in the top tier, belgium, holland, france in the 2nd then us, croatia, portugal in the 3rd

and i think thats being generous to us...

true but they are being overrated though. some people are tipping them as dark horses in the media yet they havent beaten anybody yet

Oh I'm not knocking the team. it's a great achievement for a country of Belgium's size to have even half those players, let alone the amount they do.

I'd love to see them do well at the World Cup

Uruguay are the most impressive for this. They have a population roughly the same size as Wales, less than half that of London, yet manage to produce some exceptional talents.

[/Off-topic]

Netherlands has 16 million people.....World class players per population ratio they are the best in the world.

Anyway interesting fact Belgium have qualified for more world cups then the Netherlands.

• Like 1

Netherlands has 16 million people.....World class players per population ratio they are the best in the world.

Anyway interesting fact Belgium have qualified for more world cups then the Netherlands.

Still 'reckon Uruguay.

3 Million population. I don't think the Netherlands have 5.3 times as many world class players as they do.

Still 'reckon Uruguay.

3 Million population. I don't think the Netherlands have 5.3 times as many world class players as they do.

Holland have done it more consistently though, I guess.

Uruguay are quality now, but 10 years ago they weren't upto much and hadn't been for a while.

Holland are nearly always a top top team.

Still 'reckon Uruguay.

Holland have done it more consistently though, I guess.

Uruguay are quality now, but 10 years ago they weren't upto much and hadn't been for a while.

Holland are nearly always a top top team.

True, Holland never seem to venture far outside the top handful of teams in Europe, or indeed the world.

They've never done the Copa América though!

300px-Fishing_1.jpg

• Like 1

Â