Manchester United

BOF

I played EA Sports FC last night. It was a game against Man U, and I can confirm they are as irritating in that game as in real life. I have no idea how EA managed to capture the pure shithousery of them, but I battered them for 80mins, and they were saved by the woodwork, and in one case by Maguires pixelated arse, before hacking down one of my players (no foul-capturing PL refereeing perfectly),  breaking and scoring a goal off Rashford's shin in the 97th minute. 

Man I hate that team. 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Genie said:

I saw the headline that Rashford was dropped to the bench so looked at the bench

Subs: Bayindir, Martial, Rashford, Reguilon, Pellistri, Wan-Bissaka, Van de Beek, Evans, Mainoo.

Absolute state of that.

Probably 2 million a week in wages though 😂😂

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Genie said:

I saw the headline that Rashford was dropped to the bench so looked at the bench

Subs: Bayindir, Martial, Rashford, Reguilon, Pellistri, Wan-Bissaka, Van de Beek, Evans, Mainoo.

Absolute state of that.

They are only 3 points behind Man City. Ten Hag must be doing something right. 

3 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

They are only 3 points behind Man City. Ten Hag must be doing something right. 

It very bizarre isn’t it. They are basically avoiding draws. They lose to anyone in the top half, but then beating everyone in the bottom half.

The wins over the bottom sides have been scraped with fortune and a 1 goal margin.

I imagine they’ll finished somewhere between 6-9th

Edited by Genie

I understand them failing in the CL group is a bad thing, but overall ten Hag is overachieving and I just don't really understand the narrative.

3rd and a cup last season was overachieving, they're 3 points behind City, level with Spurs and above Newcastle. And their squad isn't even that good?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Genie said:

It very bizarre isn’t it. They are basically avoiding draws. They lose to anyone in the top half, but then beating everyone in the bottom half.

The wins over the bottom sides have been scraped with fortune and a 1 goal margin.

I imagine they’ll finished somewhere between 6-9th

Draws are still ultimately two points dropped. Teams can get fixated sometimes by unbeaten runs but not much use if you're unbeaten in five and four of them are draws as we've found out in the past when we've been challenging for top 4.

Man. United will be 15 + points off Man. City come May.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

I understand them failing in the CL group is a bad thing, but overall ten Hag is overachieving and I just don't really understand the narrative.

3rd and a cup last season was overachieving, they're 3 points behind City, level with Spurs and above Newcastle. And their squad isn't even that good?

Yep he is doing fine with the tools he has to work with

14 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

They have an idiotic needy fanbase combined with morons like Neville in the media that overdo any loss

United are level with Spurs and media praise for both managers couldn't be so different

Just now, kurtsimonw said:

For all the shit EtH has got for the way he's handled the situation, I'm not sure what else you're supposed to do when you've got someone like that. He's done the right thing.

That's one of his better decisions, most of their fanbase think Sancho has been a colossal waste of money and the stats back that up. Club also gave him time off last season to deal with mental health issues so not a good look he was calling out the manager on socials so early in the season after being dropped for the Arsenal game.

Probably no surprise they've picked up in the final third giving Garnacho a few more starts, he's exactly the player they need to build around in final third now.

The problem they have is you have a few bad apples in the dressing room, new players join, and feel like they can do the same.

To look at Matic's comparison, nobody behaved like that at Chelsea. Would Pogba or Sancho feel like they could do the same if they rocked up there? Or do they become emboldened by a broken team culture. It's a similar problem to us when our group of senior players was Agbonlahor, Dunne, Collins...

But then, if you're going to back the manager and let them dismantle that culture and build a new squad, writing off assets which you can't hope to cover the book value for...Do you trust ETH to be that manager?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

That's one of his better decisions, most of their fanbase think Sancho has been a colossal waste of money and the stats back that up.

It's even funnier when you consider United were chasing Sancho for the best part of 2 years. It just shows that they didn't do their due diligence as apparently Sancho had a similar rep at Dortmund.

Â