Manchester United

BOF

That is why you pay the £100 million impossible-to-turn-down transfer fee and £70 million to Hummels for a 50-year-contract

more worried about Cons maths as if hummels is willing to play for less than 1.5 million a year then maybe we should bid

Edited by Zatman

Why is it unrealistic?

Because Man Utd don't have the money or because Real Madrid won't sell? If Man Utd are the "biggest club in world football" then the Paul Scholes list would just be for starters. They have to spend some of that £750 million kit deal on a better CD than Flojo. If the transfer fee for Varene was spend £75 million, I'd do it.

You've answered your own question.

It would cost an absolute shitload, their clubs dont' need or want to sell (depending on which one), and if they did, thos eplayers would probably have better options at this point.

A player like Hummels could get guaranteed first team football and probable team captaincy on an astronomical wage and only miss out on Champions League for one year if he helps lead Man Utd into the top four.

Do you think Hummels could become the best German CD in Premier League history?

He's be up there with the Brazilian Alex, possibly better. Would be good enough to get Man Utd into the top four. That is why you pay the £100 million impossible-to-turn-down transfer fee and £70 million to Hummels for a 50-year-contract. Man Utd have the money to finance a deal like this. What's stopping them? Once they have Hummels they can build because it will be a lot easier to convince other world class players on Scholes's list, like Khedira, to skip a year of Champions League football.

Are you saying that Alex was one of the best defenders in PL history?

You are saying a club 100s millions of pounds in debt should be spunking £100m on a centre back and handing out £70m contracts with no CL revenue and what is looking likely for next season too.

I tell you want I think they should offer an even £100m for Khedira, Di Maria and Busquets and forget the £70m contracts, they should make it an even £100m contracts for each.

It will just look tidier on the balance sheet.

It's only money.

Edited by rodders0223

A player like Hummels could get guaranteed first team football and probable team captaincy on an astronomical wage and only miss out on Champions League for one year if he helps lead Man Utd into the top four.

Do you think Hummels could become the best German CD in Premier League history?

He's be up there with the Brazilian Alex, possibly better. Would be good enough to get Man Utd into the top four. That is why you pay the £100 million impossible-to-turn-down transfer fee and £70 million to Hummels for a 50-year-contract. Man Utd have the money to finance a deal like this. What's stopping them? Once they have Hummels they can build because it will be a lot easier to convince other world class players on Scholes's list, like Khedira, to skip a year of Champions League football.

Are you saying that Alex was one of the best defenders in PL history?

You are saying a club 100s millions of pounds in debt should be spunking £100m on a centre back and handing out £70m contracts with no CL revenue and what is looking likely for next season too.

I tell you want I think they should offer an even £100m for Khedira, Di Maria and Busquets and forget the £70m contracts, they should make it an even £100m contracts for each.

It will just look tidier on the balance sheet.

It's only money.

No, the conversation was over who was the best South American central defender in Premier League history. This is Alex .

I agree the figures I'm quoting are silly money but that is the kind of money Man Utd need to spend if they have any ambition for the top four. 

You say they are £100s millions in debt but haven't they just signed a kit sponsorship deal with Addidas worth £750 million? Why can't they spend some of that war chest?

“What do they need? Five players. Five proper players who can hit the ground running and turn round a situation that looks serious.”

Scholes listed his quintet: Xabi Alonso, Sami Khedira, Raphael Varane, Angel Di Maria and Mats Hummels.

With four of those currently at Real Madrid, it would certainly be a rather large cheque for the current European champions.

An unlikely prospect too but, according to Scholes, these are the sort of players United desperately need.

Link

Scholes talks sense. These are the world class players they need. Let's just consider the CD. Varane and Hummels are superb. Man Utd have been able to sign (who?) Rojos.

Man Utd have too many clowns and nearly-men and their plastic fans are melting away.

Yeah I think you've missed the point.

No body is saying he's not right. Just that it's a totally unrealistic list.

It's like Laursen piping up and telling us all Villa need to to improve is sign Ronaldo, Messi, Bale, Suarez and Heskey

It's really not. This is Man United we are talking about. Probably one of the biggest clubs in the world. They should have that calibre of player really.

But they haven't so f**k em!

First you say you can not comment because you have never seen Rojo play at CB but then you go and make judgments on him and compare him to other players. Of all the forums I have been on, Con you are in the running for the worst poster I have ever seen. 

• Like 1

First you say you can not comment because you have never seen Rojo play at CB but then you go and make judgments on him and compare him to other players. Of all the forums I have been on, Con you are in the running for the worst poster I have ever seen. 

No, we cannot comment until he has played, but it's reasonable to suggest based on his previous club, league and price tag alone that Rojos probably won't be the central defender that every Champions League club shouldn't have missed. 

Also, if we didn't make comments there would be nothing to talk about. I challenge you to say something more interesting about Rojos!  :P

That is a ridiculous list. I don't think even one of them is realistic. 

I think they could get Khedira relatively cheap in terms of transfer fee. He's very much what they need in midfield too. For some reason Ancelotti doesn't seem to be a fan.

Haha!

"Tell you what Scholesy, you find the £250 million it would take and we'll sign them"

The fact he thinks United can just take 3 of the starting XI of the CL winning team is hilarious. If it was a smaller club, or a club in need of money it'd be different. But Madrid!? The are and always have been a bigger club than United, certainly at the moment when United are in the shit.

No, we cannot comment until he has played, but it's reasonable to suggest based on his previous club, league and price tag alone that Rojos probably won't be the central defender that every Champions League club shouldn't have missed. 

Also, if we didn't make comments there would be nothing to talk about. I challenge you to say something more interesting about Rojos!  :P

So C.Ronaldo has been pretty shit then hasn't he?

Thiago Silva (who failed at Porto) and I've seen you say is one of the best CB's in the world, shouldn't have been bought to Milan as a 25 year old from Fluminese because he came from the Brazilian league?

No Con.

What did Vidic's CV look like before united?

Con's view of football is one of the most warped I've ever encountered. It's actually quite weird.

I find the strangest thing about him is, is that 90% of the time, his posts seem to make sense.

Then he comes up with an example, but that example completely contradicts what he's trying to say.

I'd love to know if he's ever been part of a debating team :lol:

So C.Ronaldo has been pretty shit then hasn't he?

Thiago Silva (who failed at Porto) and I've seen you say is one of the best CB's in the world, shouldn't have been bought to Milan as a 25 year old from Fluminese because he came from the Brazilian league?

No Con.

We're discussing whether the performance of a central defender in another league translates to performance in the Premier League. Ronaldo is not a central defender and Thiago Silva has yet to play in the Premier League so both are irrelevant to this discussion.

Rojos was a central defender in a league that plays a less physical style of football to the Premier League. That is why compared to a player bought from the top of a more physical league such as the German league (e.g. Hummells from Borussia Dortmund) there is a higher risk of failure.  

Â