Manchester United

BOF

Surely Cavani would be a better option, in his mid 20s and he'd score for fun in the prem imo.

could utd pay him more than PSG?

as for kroos, i rate him, and even if you dont, look at utds current midfield options, he's better than cleverley and carrick

I don't see why Kroos would go to United at this time.

If he wants to leave Bayern, better teams than United will want him, with CL football next season, that will pay him more.

The name of Manchester United is the only argument at the moment.

Surely, United will not play in the Champions League next season. They would probably have to win the Champions League for that to happen, and it would take quite some miracle.

However, playing in the Champions League is not everything. Not playing in it means more time to concentrate in the league next season, something United will cherish when they are building a new team. They will probably qualify for the Europa League, but don't expect Rooney/Van Persie/Mata to play many games away to Ukrainian and Norwegian sides. I wouldn't even be surprised if they refused to play in the competition, offering it to the team finishing under them if possible.

Toni Kroos is 24, his next move (if any), will be for the future. He wants to play in the Champions League, but he is also smart enough to see that if United are signing him, Juan Mata and equal quality it will only be a matter of time before they come back into the CL. Yaya Toure signed for City before the 10/11-season and they didn't play in the Champions League that following season.

But Yaya Toure wasn't one of the best players in the best team in Europe.

If Kroos wants to leave, I'd imagine any of Chelsea, City and Arsenal (only looking at English clubs) would want him.

All in the champions league now, all challenging for the title and all (apart from probably Arsenal) likely to pay him more than United.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying United would be a bad move for the guy. I just think there would be better options for him in this country, let alone anywhere else.

Kroos to United is completely laughable.  Way out of their league.

To get players of that quality the new United team will have to prove itself competitive for a season without him.

Edited by Con

I don't see why Kroos would go to United at this time.

If he wants to leave Bayern, better teams than United will want him, with CL football next season, that will pay him more.

The name of Manchester United is the only argument at the moment.

They're turning into Liverpool!

Kroos will not be leaving Bayern. Only Neuer has more starts than him, and only Lahm and Alaba have the same amount of starts.

He is way out of Utd's league, he is starting week in, week out for, imo, the best team in the world. How do a team hoping to get a Europa League spot this year have chance of getting him?

The only team you'd realistically leave Bayern for currently is Real Madrid, or maybe Barca, but definitely not Utd.

United, for coefficient purposes, should definitely take the Europa league seriously.

For challenging for the league title purposes, untied should definitely not take the Europa League seriously. Also I'm sure they have more than enough coefficient points built up to still be top seeds when they get back into the CL. 

They will probably qualify for the Europa League, but don't expect Rooney/Van Persie/Mata to play many games away to Ukrainian and Norwegian sides. I wouldn't even be surprised if they refused to play in the competition, offering it to the team finishing under them if possible.

what

• Like 1

id say swansea, 1st year in it, yeah they havent got the depth or the experience to do both

utd, for me, it would be inexcusable if they didnt take it seriously, its bad enough for them that they'll be in it but for then to say they dont have the squad for it, insult to injury...

same with spurs this year, they've got no excuses with that squad, they've built a squad specifically capable of competing on multiple fronts and being able to rotate without sacrificing the quality too much

What's the word on why Schweinstieger isn't getting a regular game? I actually think he'd be a realistic option for Man. United to persue as he must be coming up to 30 now and maybe Munich think they've had the best out of him?

Toni Kroos is a good player but I'm not sure he has the real big match mentality....I say this as in the last two international tournaments he was in and out of the German team and then randomly Low started him twice in the semis against Spain and Italy. He did very little in either game.

Surely, United will not play in the Champions League next season. They would probably have to win the Champions League for that to happen, and it would take quite some miracle.

However, playing in the Champions League is not everything. Not playing in it means more time to concentrate in the league next season, something United will cherish when they are building a new team. They will probably qualify for the Europa League, but don't expect Rooney/Van Persie/Mata to play many games away to Ukrainian and Norwegian sides. I wouldn't even be surprised if they refused to play in the competition, offering it to the team finishing under them if possible.

Toni Kroos is 24, his next move (if any), will be for the future. He wants to play in the Champions League, but he is also smart enough to see that if United are signing him, Juan Mata and equal quality it will only be a matter of time before they come back into the CL. Yaya Toure signed for City before the 10/11-season and they didn't play in the Champions League that following season.

And why the **** would United do that? There is far from any guarantee of making top 4 next year, why would you give up another chance to make Champions League? If anything EL is easier to win then making top 4. It would be an absolute shambles if any club refused to play in EL let alone United. United play in CL every year and have a massive squad which is clearly capable of competing in EL. There would be absolutely no explanation for refusing to play in it. 

Moyes would be desperate for any European football to prove himself on that stage so there as absolutely no chance of Man Utd making a scene and not taking the Europa League seriously.

for Moyes Europa League with Man Utd is his big chance to prove what he can do in European football.

Â