Manchester United

BOF

Heh, Buttner's agent has swung at Manure.

"Alexander Buttner’s agent, Alexander Bursac, has told Voetbal International his client will be allowed to head out of Manchester United on loan – with Besiktas known to be keen – and has aired his frustration at how things have gone for his client under David Moyes."

It's unbelievable that Coentrao was not signed on time. Whether that is an error on the part of Real or United doesn't matter. We have received assurances of a loan. Alex is not necessarily looking for a guarantee of playing time but he does not want to spend the entire season on the bench. Under Sir Alex Ferguson, Buttner was the up and coming man. He started playing in more games and was trusted in training. That sense of trust is not there now.

SFW

A shot of Rooney's gash. Courtesy (once again) of Phil Jones :)

%C2%A3%C2%A3%C2%A3Wayne-Rooney-with-his-

As AC Jimbo so delightfully put it on Football Weekly yesterday:  It's not the first time Rooney has had a horrible gash on his face. 

• Like 4

I think in hindsight it's not surprising their window didn't go smoothly. Moyes is a very deliberate worker. He meticulously plans years in the future. At Everton he supposedly had a room which had four sides, one had all of his possible transfer targets in different categories from various leagues around the world, and also when they would possibly be available. He made scouts report on games in a specific format so it was consistent to compare possible signings. Another wall had various sides he could put on the pitch, and also sides he envisioned the club playing with for a couple years into the future.

I have no doubt if given time he'll succeed at United, and the people claiming he's out of his depth seem to forget that he has arguably been the best manager in the premier league for the last eleven years. He consistently overachieved, which is really all a manager can do at a club. If Sir Alex had taken over Everton in 2002, they wouldn't have won the league or champions league, same for Mourinho, Guardiola, etc. That's why the trophy talk is laughable. Outside of the cups, (which clubs only sort of value) he realistically couldn't have won a trophy, so for what he had he did about as well as he could've.

People saying that they pray he's at United for a few years because they'll become a bad team under him are ignoring everything he's done in his career, they're acting like he has the managerial record of Steve Kean for heaven sakes.

So yeah, don't expect a repeat of this window once Moyes has enough time at United to thoroughly scout and identify his targets. (that was probably the original point I was trying to make with this post I think)

• Like 3

I have no doubt if given time he'll succeed at United, and the people claiming he's out of his depth seem to forget that he has arguably been the best manager in the premier league for the last eleven years. He consistently overachieved, which is really all a manager can do at a club. If Sir Alex had taken over Everton in 2002, they wouldn't have won the league or champions league, same for Mourinho, Guardiola, etc. That's why the trophy talk is laughable. Outside of the cups, (which clubs only sort of value) he realistically couldn't have won a trophy, so for what he had he did about as well as he could've.

But will he get that time? It could take him a couple of years or so to be challenging for the title. United are used to challenging/winning the PL every season. The fans won't like this. The appointmnet of Moyes was clearly a long term one - he'll build, but it'll take him time. Had they appointed a Mourinho, they probably have got short term instant success, and then be in a fecked up state 3 or 4 years down the line. It could be the opposite with Moyes, IF he's give the time (by the fans and board).

I could however easily see them finishing 4th or worse this season....

People saying that they pray he's at United for a few years because they'll become a bad team under him are ignoring everything he's done in his career, they're acting like he has the managerial record of Steve Kean for heaven sakes.

I'm one of those hoping he's there for a few years because I think he'll make United worse. I never said he's a poor manager. He doesn't need to be a poor manager to make Man Utd worse. He just has to be worse than Fergie, and that for me is a given. United under Moyes will be worse than United under Fergie and I hope he's around long enough for that to happen. That's all.

Some fans posting on utds transfer dealings have already started calling for his head..ridiculous!

Now I know these will be the far extremists but you could see this growing if they dont pick up results wise.

Its laughable the way they constantly boast by standing next to Ferguson in the early days how they reaped the reward. 

The game has moved on though. Gone are the days of getting 4 years of grace before achieving anything and you also have to remember United's standing now is far higher than it was back then when they were in the doldrums for a generation, plus the money to be won nowadays means they can't afford (m)any lean years.

The people calling for his head now are doing so because they fear they can already see what's happening and they don't want to risk waiting that it might get better because it could just as easily continue down this course too. The fact I and other non-Utd fans want him to hang around means I can see where they are coming from :)

Klopp for one. They could've gotten Mourinho had they flashed their knickers early enough. There are plenty of top drawer managers out there who would've taken over from Fergie. Moyes is incredibly underwhelming.

but Mourinho wasnt wanted by the board and Charlton. they wanted long term manager who had class and dignity which Mourinho is neither.

As for klopp I feel United players wouldnt buy into his ideas and think if he went to a bigger club than Dortmund with more established players he might struggle

Edited by Zatman

Yeah you're both probably right. David Moyes was the best manager the biggest club in the world could attract :D Now let's just sit back and enjoy it.

well they could have got Mourinho but he doesnt stay longer than 3 years and no coincidence the trouble he has left clubs in the past. Think I read he has promoted 3 youth players in his managerial career

just a better version of MON

• Like 1

but Mourinho wasnt wanted by the board and Charlton. they wanted long term manager who had class and dignity which Mourinho is neither.

As for klopp I feel United players wouldnt buy into his ideas and think if he went to a bigger club than Dortmund with more established players he might struggle

Think they are as likely to buy into Klopp's ideas when compared to Moyes. I really think if they wanted to Long term he was the man to get.

Â