VillaGoMarching

12 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

Be absolutely hilarious if Man City bottled the title on Sunday and all this ended up with Arsenal still winning the title.

Truly Spursy

Man City did look unusually hesitant against Spurs, and West Ham have a great set of attacking players who are optimal when playing on the counter... But then you look at their record vs City and Moyes' record against top teams in general and there's not much hope. It would be very funny though!

Pathetic from their fans celebrating losing the match, and missing out on CL football. 

Fair play to this fan who confronted 2 pricks wearing Spurs shirts celebrating City’s goal and getting them thrown out.

• Like 2

Looks like the narrative on Ange is turning already. He's being very abrasive in press conferences, calling fans out etc.

If they don't start the season well, can see the fans turning quite quickly

4 minutes ago, blandy said:

No, it’s pathetic the other way round. By that I mean the bloke confronting the 2 fans is pathetic, and throwing people out is pathetic 

Why?

What kind of loser club accepts home fans supporting the away side? Joke club, and it’s clear why being “Spursy” is a thing.

• Like 2

I can’t believe the spurs fans I’ve been talking to today and yesterday. The justification of them being okay with losing when top 4 was in play. Even saying Ange is out of order, bloke wants to win for your team and top 4 means signing better players.

Im in disbelief at their reaction. 

• Like 3

Just now, Nicho said:

I can’t believe the spurs fans I’ve been talking to today and yesterday. The justification of them being okay with losing when top 4 was in play. Even saying Ange is out of order, bloke wants to win for your team and top 4 means signing better players.

Im in disbelief at their reaction. 

Yeah, it certainly divides people more than I ever thought. Even on this board people seem to be comfortable with hating the rivals more than wanting success for your own team. It’s something sha fans do.

2 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

Looks like the narrative on Ange is turning already. He's being very abrasive in press conferences, calling fans out etc.

If they don't start the season well, can see the fans turning quite quickly

"Watch it, I know who you are" is what he said to one of their fans during the game, apparently :D

• Haha 2

I'm really not sure which side of it I'd be on if we were in their position, and I'm just glad SHA are so shite we'll never find out.

Missing out on CL would sting for a year, winning the game that all but seals the title for your most bitter local rivals is something you'd be hearing about for the rest of your life.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

"Watch it, I know who you are" is what he said to one of their fans during the game, apparently :D

Apparently the guy was cheering on a City attack

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'm really not sure which side of it I'd be on if we were in their position, and I'm just glad SHA are so shite we'll never find out.

Missing out on CL would sting for a year, winning the game that all but seals the title for your most bitter local rivals is something you'd be hearing about for the rest of your life.

Could also be the bigger person and say you only won the title because of us 😉

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Haha, I'd only seen it reported, hadn't watched the video

I really can't see him being there by Christmas, I completely understand his frustration, but you've got to keep it bottled in, he's lost the plot this week

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I really don’t think so. Arsenal are a good side who would’ve won the league with something like 90 points, not 1 game they didn’t even play in.

If someone is taking more pleasure from stopping them win a title than winning a game and having CL qualification in their own hands on the final day then it’s messed up. 

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Haha, I'd only seen it reported, hadn't watched the video

I really can't see him being there by Christmas, I completely understand his frustration, but you've got to keep it bottled in, he's lost the plot this week

He’s probably thinking what’s the **** point if the fans don’t even want to win.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, blandy said:

No, it’s pathetic the other way round. By that I mean the bloke confronting the 2 fans is pathetic, and throwing people out is pathetic 

If Villa played Man United and two Man United fans celebrated Man United scoring in the Holte End, you wouldn't want them thrown out? Or am I mis-reading your post?

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

If Villa played Man United and two Man United fans celebrated Man United scoring in the Holte End, you wouldn't want them thrown out? Or am I mis-reading your post?

It’s worse than that, this is Villa playing Man United and 2 Villa fans are cheering on United because it might hinder Birmingham.

Double worse because in this hypothetical scenario Villa had a huge incentive to win.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

Â