VillaGoMarching

7 hours ago, villan95 said:

Bayern can negotiate a contract with him in just under 5 months for a free transfer too!

Indeed, and then Spurs have got a player that has one foot out of the door not wanting to risk an injury before that new contract is signed.

Either he leaves now and Spurs have little time to replace him, he leaves on a free at the end of the season, or he signs a new deal with Spurs which means they'll be accomodating an ageing Harry Kane into their team for years, on huge wages and to the detriment of developing the squad overall. His capabilities will start to decline but his influence over the club doesn't.

Wonderful stuff.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

They really should have sold him years ago when city wanted him. The fools could have tried got haaland

Haaland was going Real Madrid or City never to Spurs

1 hour ago, StanBalaban said:

Indeed, and then Spurs have got a player that has one foot out of the door not wanting to risk an injury before that new contract is signed.

Either he leaves now and Spurs have little time to replace him, he leaves on a free at the end of the season, or he signs a new deal with Spurs which means they'll be accomodating an ageing Harry Kane into their team for years, on huge wages and to the detriment of developing the squad overall. His capabilities will start to decline but his influence over the club doesn't.

Wonderful stuff.

Any scenario kind of screws them, which is nice.  And their defense is still terrible, which is also nice.

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

I don't think Spurs want Harry Kane to sign a new contract - they can't really afford to be paying him north of £300k a week and they really don't want to be doing that when he's 34.

He's too big for em.

So either they have a player leaving on a free that's naturally going to be fearful of picking up a serious injury before his new contract is signed, or they lose him late in the window without much time to find an effective replacement.

I can live with that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villaglint said:

If he ends up leaving for free he will 100% stay in England, think the scoring record is important to him. 

I thought he might want the record but if he's willing to leave England now I don't see why he wouldn't next year too?

29 minutes ago, villan95 said:

I thought he might want the record but if he's willing to leave England now I don't see why he wouldn't next year too?

He has no choice if he wants to leave Spurs this summer. He’ll have no shortage of offers next summer. 

1 minute ago, villaglint said:

He has no choice if he wants to leave Spurs this summer. He’ll have no shortage of offers next summer. 

I'm not sure who comes in for him next year in England either. United seemed the obvious one but they seem to have gone with Højlund instead. Maybe Chelsea? But can't see who else.

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I don't think Spurs want Harry Kane to sign a new contract - they can't really afford to be paying him north of £300k a week and they really don't want to be doing that when he's 34.

He's too big for em.

Agree, but Kane likes being the big fish in a little pond, not sure if he leaves Spuds to Bayern he will be that anymore.

We seem to forget also that every week when Kane falls over and he cons the ref, because the ref thinks Kane is England captain and therefore Kane doesnt cheat and gives Kane the decision. Not sure he will get that at Bayern

• Like 1

Â