VillaGoMarching

2 hours ago, duke313 said:

Kane saga dragging on in typical Levy fashion. He’ll end up leaving day before window shuts with no time for a proper replacement. They’ll end up with Calvert-Lewin on loan or something 😂

He really is a terrible football ceo. Driving a hard bargain has no place in modern football really.  The money you gain or save can be swallowed up by finishing one or two positions lower. Which would have likely not happened if you get the right man in early and alllow him to settle.  That old saying of putting all your money on the pitch. Well he just puts all the money into the pitch. 

14 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Its unbelievable levys let this drag on with two weeks left of the season- what a shit show

It’s good to see though isn’t it. To be honest I still want to see Kane stay and leave on a free at the end of the season and if it was me I would do that for sure. Why give levy £100 million when you could probably pocket most of that plus wages yourself 

3 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

It’s good to see though isn’t it. To be honest I still want to see Kane stay and leave on a free at the end of the season and if it was me I would do that for sure. Why give levy £100 million when you could probably pocket most of that plus wages yourself 

I’m torn between what is best - Kane leaving on a free, but keeping Spurs as a good team for an extra season, or Spurs having no striker but £100m in the bank to spend on a new striker. 

3 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

My concern with that is spurs do well and he stays. Id rather they get a smaller fee like 65m as they desperate to ensure that he doesnt go on a free. Then they panick buy sign a striker like toney for 50m (for me nowhere near as good as kane)

Just now, TheMelvillan said:

i do genuinely feel Harry Kane is irreplaceable for Spurs. But £100m would certainly help try versus getting nowt for him in a year

Of course they could spend the £100m on 3 players like Ings, Bailey and Buendia like Villa did.  Didn’t compensate anywhere near enough for our star man missing.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I’m torn between what is best - Kane leaving on a free, but keeping Spurs as a good team for an extra season, or Spurs having no striker but £100m in the bank to spend on a new striker. 

It's going to take more than Kane to make Spurs a good team again.  He scored 30 league goals for them last season and they still finished 8th.

On 30/07/2023 at 12:16, ender4 said:

Jay-Z planning to buy Spurs for £2.2 billion according to many media outlets like The Sun, The Star, Daily Mail, etc.  

Oh and he seems to be an Arsenal fan previously 😂

IF Kane stays that'll be two Arsenal fans in prominent positions then!

15 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Spurs have actually spent quite allt this summer.  Do they even look much better than last season? Barring maddison they look very similar to last year just with a relatively unknown keeper

Two of their signings were already there, Kulisevski and Porro. So they’ve spent about 70m and not actually improved 😂

14 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Spurs have actually spent quite allt this summer.  Do they even look much better than last season? Barring maddison they look very similar to last year just with a relatively unknown keeper

They've spent money on loans they had from last year, Porro for 40m is terrible business and I think even Kulusevski has dropped off

Solomon could be a good squad pick up, so could udogie coming back from a loan, they've also got gil, Lo Celso and even ndombele back in the squad (unless they sell them) so the depth is decent if anything verging on bloated

Gonna go out on a limb and say parrott won't make it there, will be interesting to see if devine and scarlett get a shot though

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

They've spent money on loans they had from last year, Porro for 40m is terrible business and I think even Kulusevski has dropped off

Solomon could be a good squad pick up, so could udogie coming back from a loan, they've also got gil, Lo Celso and even ndombele back in the squad (unless they sell them) so the depth is decent if anything verging on bloated

Gonna go out on a limb and say parrott won't make it there, will be interesting to see if devine and scarlett get a shot though

Spura have actually spent a fortune and its gone under the radar 

70m on porro ans kuluveski

40m on maddison

15m Soloman 

17m vicario

132m spent. 

We have spent on what you want to believe

45m diaby

30m torres

Free tielesman 

We have spent half what they have and argue we have done better business

9 hours ago, ender4 said:

Spurs are more likely to stay 8th or lower with no Kane so that option for me.

Can't believe they haven't even signed a new CB yet, just checked a few of their pre season line ups and they have Tanganga alongside Romero. 😂 Ben Davies too slow to play CB in a back 4 and Dier as ever still floating around aimlessly in the background so they've still got plenty of issues to solve considering Celtic conceded a fair amount in CL.

18 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Soliman was free wasn't he which is a bit dodgy

Shakhtar are expecting Spurs to pay them the same fee (€6m) they payed when they signed him from Maccabi in a sort of gentleman agreement due to them being forced to release him due to the war.

So good luck with that.

• Like 1

Â