VillaGoMarching

Didn't Adebayor reject a move to Besiktas like a month ago? I don't blame him, why should he take a huge pay cut just one season after joining.

Defoe will go for pennies, look at Bent, we've had to loan him out.

Parker is on about £80k a week and at his age I doubt teams will want to pay even half of that.

Bale has misplayed this in spectacular fashion. He should have looked at Benteke's about-face and thought better of trying to force a move through. Now he's hanging in the wind, in purgatory. Greed is NOT good, after all.

Love net spend calculation threads.

It's a wonderful world where agents receive no money, there are no signing on fees and players don't get paid part of their old contract & bonuses as a loyalty fee.

I've always assumed that's all included in the headline figure?

Didn't Adebayor reject a move to Besiktas like a month ago? I don't blame him, why should he take a huge pay cut just one season after joining.

Defoe will go for pennies, look at Bent, we've had to loan him out.

Parker is on about £80k a week and at his age I doubt teams will want to pay even half of that.

Parker is choosing between Fulham and QPR, fee agreed at £3.5m for QPR, don't know if it's been agreed with QPR. Adebayor has been offered a deal on the same terms he's on with us, and a fee of £5m - £8m (hope he doesn't go as I think he could be important for us next season). If Ade stays then I reckon we'll get around £8m for Defoe, we got £6m for Dempsey, an inferior player of the same age.

We've had years of this now from Levy so I'm pretty confident, how much did we sell you Hutton for?. We'll revisit this as the players go out, I won't shy away if I turn out to be totally wrong.

Edited by TartarugaJones

Spurs squad is looking really good and if they get Lamela then they'll really be firing.

The only thing that I think they may be missing is a real "leader" and someone with experience of winning major titles, Arsenal have the same problem as well.

Spurs squad is looking really good and if they get Lamela then they'll really be firing.

The only thing that I think they may be missing is a real "leader" and someone with experience of winning major titles, Arsenal have the same problem as well.

Lloris - France and Lyon Captain

Vertonghen - Ajax Captain

Capoue - Tolouse Captain

Soldado - Valencia Captain

Bale has misplayed this in spectacular fashion. He should have looked at Benteke's about-face and thought better of trying to force a move through. Now he's hanging in the wind, in purgatory. Greed is NOT good, after all.

Its not Greed. their is a huge difference between going from Villa to Spurs, than from Spurs to Real Madrid

Capoue - Tolouse Captain

Fair point but only Vertonghen has won a league title out of all of those players and the Dutch league is hardly the pinnacle is it ?

Capoue - Tolouse Captain

Fair point but only Vertonghen has won a league title out of all of those players and the Dutch league is hardly the pinnacle is it ?

We're hardly likely to sign players who are Captains of current PL/BL/BBVA/SA champions. In Spain it would mean Ramos or Puyol, in England Rio, or Yaya, or Terry, in Italy Buffon or Ambrosini, in Germany Lahm or Kehl. If we did sign players like that it would be because they were past it and surplus to requirements at their current clubs. Rather you look for leadership qualities which I think is one of the strengths of the current Spurs squad.

Edited by TartarugaJones

We're hardly likely to sign players who are Captain's of current PL/BL/BBVA/SA champions. In Spain it would mean Ramos or Puyol, in England Rio, or Yaya, or Terry, in Italy Buffon or Ambrosini, in Germany Lahm or Kehl. If we did sign players like that it would be because they were past it and surplus to requirements at their current clubs. Rather you look for leadership qualities which I think is one of the strengths of the current Spurs squad.

I have to say I agree with you there.

We're hardly likely to sign players who are Captain's of current PL/BL/BBVA/SA champions. In Spain it would mean Ramos or Puyol, in England Rio, or Yaya, or Terry, in Italy Buffon or Ambrosini, in Germany Lahm or Kehl. If we did sign players like that it would be because they were past it and surplus to requirements at their current clubs. Rather you look for leadership qualities which I think is one of the strengths of the current Spurs squad.

Fair point, I suppose the Dortmund team were in a similar position before they won the league.

I do think you have a fantastic squad of players and if you keep Bale, stay lucky with injuries and maybe sign another couple of quality players then you could be genuine title contenders this year.

Fair point, I suppose the Dortmund team were in a similar position before they won the league.

I do think you have a fantastic squad of players and if you keep Bale, stay lucky with injuries and maybe sign another couple of quality players then you could be genuine title contenders this year.

I think we are already outside bets, shorter than the bookies have us anyway. I also think Arsenal and Liverpool are outside bets.

You need incredible consistency to win the title these days.

Incredible to think that Man. United went until May before they actually went two league games without winning. They won 29 of their 38 league games (and could easily have been more but they eased off in the last few weeks like that West Brom game), could Spurs do that? I don't think so.

Around 85-90 points to win the league these days, Spurs got 70 didn't they last time (and I'd argue 20 of those came pretty much singlehandly from individual brilliance from one man)

Opposition teams will look at Spurs at home as a game more likely for them to pick up points than say the two Manchester clubs and Chelsea and will put in a performance accordingly.

Only way us or Spurs will ever win the league again is if it's a Dubai scale takeover I'm sorry to say. And even then it's not cast in stone.

Borussia Dortmund!

I like Dortmund, but them as an example is overblown. Germanys different from England because they only have one club with huge financial power whereas England has at least 3, plus Dortmund are one of the biggest German clubs, they just fell on hard times. 80000 fans regularly, it's not quite comparable

This is where the Dortmund comparison makes more sense. They were young and didn't really have anyone who had won before, yet they won anyway. Why? Cause the players were good enough.

He wouldn't be taking a huge pay-cut.

It's old news now anyway, but he would probably be on more money if he'd been offered the same as his Spurs deal.

Tax free. Free apartment. Free car. 

I think we are already outside bets, shorter than the bookies have us anyway. I also think Arsenal and Liverpool are outside bets.

I don't, I don't think you are even close to be being in the running. With or without Bale I don't think Spurs will be within 10 points of the title, probably 15 points or more away. And I think you will finish above the other two so they will be even further behind. It will be a 3 horse race for the title but it won't go to anyone outside those three or even come close to doing.

I don't, I don't think you are even close to be being in the running. With or without Bale I don't think Spurs will be within 10 points of the title, probably 15 points or more away. And I think you will finish above the other two so they will be even further behind. It will be a 3 horse race for the title but it won't go to anyone outside those three or even come close to doing.

Agree with this. Spurs have spent £52m on 3 players but were more than that off the title IMO. Man City weren't far off the title and have spent in excess of that. Add in the Mourinho factor at Chelsea and Man Utd's consistency. Spurs should focus on finishing above Arsenal, then as top London club and then on the title. If they achieve the simplest of those 3 they will have had an unbelievably good season

Â