theunderstudy

Things that piss you off that shouldn't

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, blandy said:

Not a fan, then?

Simmer down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those people, the ones that when you talk to them, you know you are going to get half way through your sentence before they go "Huh?" as if they haven't heard you and make you start over.

I have spoken clearly, I have spoken slowly. JUST **** LISTEN. Either that, or they have heard but just couldn't be bothered to process what you said the first time.

Laziness.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My office doing a royal wedding themed buffet tomorrow. The excitement is palpable.......just fck off 🤬

I said I'd only contribute if James Hewitt was invited to the wedding.

"James who ?" was the universal response !

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Jamie oliver trying to ban 2-4-1 pizza deals

What a prick, should try looking after his own failing restaurants before ruining my weekends

He's also a bit of a fat word removed himself.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He's also a bit of a fat word removed himself.

A bit?
He is an absolute porker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

My office doing a royal wedding themed buffet tomorrow.

Time for a sickie.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎16‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 07:17, a m ole said:

Will he or won’t he walk her down the aisle?!?! 🙊

BBC has today's answer.

mm.jpg

No doubt tomorrow it'll be back to maybe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Those people, the ones that when you talk to them, you know you are going to get half way through your sentence before they go "Huh?" as if they haven't heard you and make you start over.

I have spoken clearly, I have spoken slowly. JUST **** LISTEN. Either that, or they have heard but just couldn't be bothered to process what you said the first time.

Laziness.

This actually touches on one of my biggest pet peeves.

People who go hmmm, yeah yeah, uhuh uhuh, while you are talking while barely paying any attention to you and you just know they aren't even taking in what you are saying, does my head in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On a related note - and I may have put this in here before - people who butt in and finish your sentence as soon as they reckon they know where you're going with it, or go "yeah yeah yeah" to try and get you to stop so they can start.  Even if you do know what I'm saying, have the decency to let the person say it and the conversation to flow.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, snowychap said:

This.

I knew someone would.  I just wasn't sure how they'd go about it :thumb:  :D 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That 'Abide With Me'/'winner stays on' BBC Cup Final trailer. That bloke requires a kicking. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“Grenfell Tower 1 year on” TV programmes, 11 months on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My wife has got a job in the school our kids go to. 10 minutes walking distance, and it's a very good school if I'm being honest. Decent pay which will only go up once she's done her NVQs. Term time off with pay which is great, and it's a job she's been wanting to do for a while. The amount of bitchyness coming from some of the other mums is unreal. A woman who lives a few doors down who she gets on with well has really got the hump over it. Some people can't be happy for other people. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

My wife has got a job in the school our kids go to. 10 minutes walking distance, and it's a very good school if I'm being honest. Decent pay which will only go up once she's done her NVQs. Term time off with pay which is great, and it's a job she's been wanting to do for a while. The amount of bitchyness coming from some of the other mums is unreal. A woman who lives a few doors down who she gets on with well has really got the hump over it. Some people can't be happy for other people. 

Speaking as someone whose mother taught in his junior school, your kids may not be so grateful of their mums new job

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

95% sure I made an identical post just after the Brexit vote but it still pisses me off...

”Nego-see-ations”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, bickster said:

Speaking as someone whose mother taught in his junior school, your kids may not be so grateful of their mums new job

It's in the nursery part with the 2 year olds, so it shouldn't be too bad.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Genie said:

“Grenfell Tower 1 year on” TV programmes, 11 months on.

I don't think you're actually making this point, but the general determination on the part of too many people to forget what happened at Grenfell is something that pisses me off no end. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

I don't think you're actually making this point, but the general determination on the part of too many people to forget what happened at Grenfell is something that pisses me off no end. 

I’m with you on that completely. My point was that seemingly there was a race between TV companies to make a follow up show that ITV (I think) are showing their “1 year on” show a month early purely to be first. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’m with you on that completely. My point was that seemingly there was a race between TV companies to make a follow up show that ITV (I think) are showing their “1 year on” show a month early purely to be first. 

 

I get you, but tbh I think there should be a show every month on what's being done. JMHO. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites