Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

8 minutes ago, blandy said:

The point being that you can send pdf files by secure email, e.g to limpid@example.r.mil.uk, keeping them away from snooping of insecure/standard networks.

Email is transmitted as is (unencrypted) until it enters the mil.uk MX space. SMTP (RFC822) is a "store and forward" protocol and shouldn't be used for anything mission critical. Unless you control all points of the delivery chain, it can never be guaranteed delivery. Copies of the email are potentially retained at all nodes in the chain and on backups of those nodes, which is why in modern infrastructure stateless SMTP relays are preferred. None of this matters for signing things.

Are you referring to encryption rather than signing? If so then you can do that using confidential mode on Workspace / Gmail (and I think Outlook), regardless of the software or service used by the recipient. Content encryption doesn't provide privacy with email though as all the headers are retained (until it reaches a node that you control). You also have to trust whoever does the encryption, whether that is Google, Adobe, Microsoft, whoever., both to do the (de)crypt securely and manage the keys properly.

Just to be on topic, it pisses me off that people think email is easy (not aimed at you blandy).

Just now, tonyh29 said:

ha .. if they rename one of the bolitics threads after I croak it , my ghost will come back and haunt you all :D   

So, the "ghosts" thread then?

• Haha 4

16 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

guess it goes in here cause I'm not usually that dramatic , hence a little  pissed off with myself , but last night was watching a bit of TV around 2 am , when suddenly as I went to get up everything went blurry  , I had this dizziness and sensation that's kinda hard to describe , it wasn't a clutch at the heart like they do in the movies thing , but  something went batshit with my body and I genuinely wasn't sure if I was about to drop dead  .. unfathomably my brain was like do I go upstairs and say goodbye to Mrs H or get in the car and drive to hospital as there is one about a mile away from where we live 

it passed after about a minute or so , but was the weirdest thing  ... I'm still here today so guess it was just some tiredness / blood sugar type thing ( we've been away so I'm still a little out of sync body clock wise ) 

Strange start to 2024 though 

I should go get checked. Similar happened to a friend of mine and it was a mini stroke. Not to say it is and you should be worrying but it's best to get checked. 

May have just been low blood pressure or something. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

ha .. if they rename one of the bolitics threads after I croak it , my ghost will come back and haunt you all :D   

Nah we'll just start a Tony's correct proportion of lemonade to beer topic in your honour

• Haha 3

So I didn’t go round the brother-in-laws last night because his and my missus sister would be there. I obviously did the dutiful thing and took the missus and picked her up again at 1am but I absolutely refused to spend the evening in her company. The missus was fine with this, she  knew I wouldn’t go. This isn’t what’s pissing me off.

Its having to listen to the missus moaning about her f***ing sister last night all day today…

All I can say is, I knew all this 30 years ago

She's never coming here again….

You said that last time

It’s like the bitch is tormenting me even though she’s not here

• Haha 2

I raised this point a few weeks ago ref Lulu, but I think Rick Astley beats her for the title of “still getting work off of something he did many years ago”

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

guess it goes in here cause I'm not usually that dramatic , hence a little  pissed off with myself , but last night was watching a bit of TV around 2 am , when suddenly as I went to get up everything went blurry  , I had this dizziness and sensation that's kinda hard to describe , it wasn't a clutch at the heart like they do in the movies thing , but  something went batshit with my body and I genuinely wasn't sure if I was about to drop dead  .. unfathomably my brain was like do I go upstairs and say goodbye to Mrs H or get in the car and drive to hospital as there is one about a mile away from where we live 

it passed after about a minute or so , but was the weirdest thing  ... I'm still here today so guess it was just some tiredness / blood sugar type thing ( we've been away so I'm still a little out of sync body clock wise ) 

Strange start to 2024 though 

Get that checked out sir, altho it's nothing now it could be a warning sign - don't ignore it 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Genie said:

I raised this point a few weeks ago ref Lulu, but I think Rick Astley beats her for the title of “still getting work off of something he did many years ago”

Your point about Lulu really wasn't valid in the first place :D 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Genie said:

If it wasn't for the Rick Rolling craze he'd be playing pubs now. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

If it wasn't for the Rick Rolling craze he'd be playing pubs now. 

I caught Rick and the Scottish singer from the band Texas last night doing a duet.

Pub singers at best in my opinion. Also to add, the amount of middle aged words in the crowd playing up to the camera was incredibly annoying.

• Like 1

I was out a few months ago with an old friend of mine, he was my best man, known each other since infants, grew up together, he loved The Smiths, still does, worships Morrissey. I asked him about the Rick Astley/Blossoms bollocks covering The Smiths, he said it was surprisingly good. I said OK, let's go back to the 80s and you hear that Astley and a piss weak rock pop band have covered The Smiths, he admitted that he would have been hunting Astley down back then. 

53 minutes ago, stuart_75 said:

I caught Rick and the Scottish singer from the band Texas last night doing a duet.

Pub singers at best in my opinion. Also to add, the amount of middle aged words in the crowd playing up to the camera was incredibly annoying.

I like Astley because I think he knows he's been lucky and seems a good guy, and doesn't take anything seriously.

In terms of somepeople playing up for the camera, i'm convinced some would do it at a televised funeral. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Xela said:

In terms of somepeople playing up for the camera, i'm convinced some would do it at a televised funeral. 

Like Elton John did just to sell copies of his latest single.

12 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Being in hospital on a drip … fainted again so thought it prudent to come get checked out … hospital said I looked dreadful  and I was given a bed within a few mins of arrival 

heart seems to be all ok though so guess it’s something else !! 

Get well soon brother

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Being in hospital on a drip … fainted again so thought it prudent to come get checked out … hospital said I looked dreadful  and I was given a bed within a few mins of arrival 

All the best Tony. Hope you get a diagnosis and feel better soon mate. 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

So just in case. How much lemonade?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

All the best Tony. 

• Thanks 1

Â