Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

It’s not the 5 hour delay to my flight that has pissed me off today , it’s not even the bloke standing at the Urinal next to me FaceTiming his wife as he had a piss

nope , the delay means out of boredom I’ve turned on my laptop to do some work and turned into one of those rocket polishers that sit there at an airport taping away on a laptop … and so for that , duck you British Airways and Gatwick air traffic control 

• Like 1

Just now, tonyh29 said:

nope , the delay means out of boredom I’ve turned on my laptop to do some work and turned into one of those rocket polishers that sit there at an airport taping away on a laptop … and so for that , duck you British Airways and Gatwick air traffic control 

I would hope you are in a lounge when you are doing this :)

I used to get free access to airport lounges with my credit card, but think I have to pay a tenner now. 

8 minutes ago, Xela said:

I would hope you are in a lounge when you are doing this :)

I used to get free access to airport lounges with my credit card, but think I have to pay a tenner now. 

no lounge it was only 2 hr flight figured It wasn’t worth the £400 extra  … D’oh 

I’m currently listening to screaming  kids whilst trying hard not to judge their parents who are wearing onesies :)  ..

next time I’m paying the bloody £400 !!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

no lounge it was only 2 hr flight figured It wasn’t worth the £400 extra  … D’oh 

I’m currently listening to screaming  kids whilst trying hard not to judge their parents who are wearing onesies :)  ..

next time I’m paying the bloody £400 !!

What lounge are you going in for £400?

Theyre about 30 quid

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

What lounge are you going in for £400?

Theyre about 30 quid

been in 2 lounges in my life and thought both were pretty shit (the c.30 quid ones you mentioned)

i think you need to fly business/first and have access to the airline's own lounges to get one half decent

37 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

been in 2 lounges in my life and thought both were pretty shit (the c.30 quid ones you mentioned)

i think you need to fly business/first and have access to the airline's own lounges to get one half decent

Normal airport lounges are better than being in the general population but still not quite what you imagine.

We went in the Virgin lounge at Gatwick a few years back and that was lovely. I think it was a deal price of about £80 for the 4 of us. Was even better value as the flight was delayed a couple of hours. 

I was quite pissed and full of food when I got on the plane :lol: Then they brought the meal and more drinks round quite soon after take off (I assume to feed those who were waiting for the flight).

54 minutes ago, Genie said:

Normal airport lounges are better than being in the general population but still not quite what you imagine.

yeah that would be my message to anyone paying for a lounge...it's better than being sat in wetherspoons for 4 hours, but don't expect luxury

So I’m now back at home … 6 hour delay with the flight and then just as we were about to board they cancelled the flight   until tomorrow at 10:30 

blamed it on the weather in Seville when we would land , but it will be that the crew have gone over their allotted hours and aren’t allowed to fly 

quite shameful stuff though by some passengers  , screaming at the staff , some fingers being prodded in faces , I get people are frustrated but no excuse  for that sort of behaviour 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

So I’m now back at home … 6 hour delay with the flight and then just as we were about to board they cancelled the flight   until tomorrow at 10:30 

blamed it on the weather in Seville when we would land , but it will be that the crew have gone over their allotted hours and aren’t allowed to fly 

quite shameful stuff though by some passengers  , screaming at the staff , some fingers being prodded in faces , I get people are frustrated but no excuse  for that sort of behaviour 

Generally people are scum. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Will you get a nice payout of compensation? 

We’re off to the states in October, for some reason this year the flights were really difficult to find so we’ve got an indirect return flight, via the busiest airport on the planet (Atlanta) and just a 1hr 20m stopover. It’s got disaster written all over it.

We were supposed to come back via Miami but they (Virgin) changed the flight times and so it became impossible. 

1 minute ago, Genie said:

We’re off to the states in October, for some reason this year the flights were really difficult to find so we’ve got an indirect return flight, via the busiest airport on the planet (Atlanta) and just a 1hr 20m stopover. It’s got disaster written all over it.

We were supposed to come back via Miami but they (Virgin) changed the flight times and so it became impossible. 

Add my twopenneth. I have connected multiple times via Atlanta, as I have done other airports, however Atlanta is by some margin the airport that has the best process. I had an hour stop over there once and had 30 minutes to spare. Its a really easy and quick process at Atlanta. Others may have different experiences but the 8 times I have connected through there has been issue free.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Seat68 said:

Add my twopenneth. I have connected multiple times via Atlanta, as I have done other airports, however Atlanta is by some margin the airport that has the best process. I had an hour stop over there once and had 30 minutes to spare. Its a really easy and quick process at Atlanta. Others may have different experiences but the 8 times I have connected through there has been issue free.

Awesome, that’s great to hear! I’ve never been to that airport so I have no experience.

I’m pretty sure the baggage gets moved through from Delta to Virgin as they are partners so it’s just a case of the first flight being on time and being able to get off the plane quickly.

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Awesome, that’s great to hear! I’ve never been to that airport so I have no experience.

I’m pretty sure the baggage gets moved through from Delta to Virgin as they are partners so it’s just a case of the first flight being on time and being able to get off the plane quickly.

That's reasonable, that's the only issue I would see, delayed flight etc.

Favourite airport has to be Cardiff International. OK we’re coming in to land but because its after 5:00pm everyone’s gone home and the terminal is closed, but don’t worry they’ve left the side gate open.

I also like Malta Intrnational Airport. 

Is my plane here? Let’s look out of the window, there’s a plane so yes, that’s probably mine.

Right everyone, outside and on the bus, get on the bus, vroommm, go 50 metres, stop, right everyone off the bus and on the plane quick as you can because there’s another plane coming in a little while and it’ll be mad if there’s two in at the same time someone will likely accidentally end up in Zurich.

Â